It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Rule #1 - Be respectful at all times.

Rule #2 - Obey rule #1

Rule #3 - No nudity, excessive foul language or lewd sexual discussions. Common sense rules apply.

Rule #4 - Obey any reasonable request of an administrator or moderator.

Rule #5 - Have fun! =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: No spam but how to connect?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:05 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Yes, alot of newbies quit these days and many of them dont get above sergeant without knowing what they are doing. Because they just make units and rush them to finish, effectively losing score, and the only reason that they get a crystal is because they come on after not being on for like 3 weeks and get loads of workers all at the same time.

- Maintenance Team

Would be 1 if there were no backstabbers ;(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hitmo wrote:
Many times it happens that the player who is capable of doing wonders doesnt get an opportunity. Nothing new

Also it is sad to know that the new generation is really so impatient . I agree maximum newbs quit bcoz they dont get proper welcome which is required to retain the player.

The medals have fascinated them so much that they want to show it off without any hard work and with out any struggle . And if the dont get a much wanted win they quit. Well if by removing the medals we can help solving this problems i suggest remove them and also remove the HoF.
Ilona if im not wrong you had the idea of removing hof when mohtap was arguing for his place in best all times and i also remember bazinga making a thread against this.

This is a chance to improve on that.

She wanted to remove the Best of All Times, not the HoF itself.

I am not sure if medals cause newbs to quit - do pro footballers quit because they lose a tournament? I do think the game should be fun WITHOUT winning, but I don't think removing medals will help (after all, there's still scores then, plus if they do win, they have less reason to keep playing, as they start from the beginning again).

I don't think medals demotivate players. I think perhaps medals are given for the wrong things (i'd personally like if the ribbons were purely for the #1 alliance members, with a bronze/silver/gold for the top 3 in that team, on a 10 relic victory.).

One area where the "second stage" newbs that actually keep playing after the initial login quit a lot, I suspect, is havoc. Not so much due losing the era, as due losing everything they did. That's speculation.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:55 pm 
Captain
Captain

ill also add late replies by staff on AANC , if u go some pages behind there are still some to whom mentor has not been appointed then i dont think they last long.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:20 pm 
News Team
News Team

I think also the requirement of activity is a huge turn-off. The original design of this game was around people who have busy lives and could come on BD once or twice a day in order to play. People playing in this manner were able to do so successfully because of a certain logistical system we removed from the game that forced people to 'rest' their armies.

I sound like a broken record I guess because I've posted this 100s of times (literally). When I teach a newb how to play BD I mention that activity is a huge requirement and most of the time I never see the newb again because they're too busy with their life to succeed in the game. I don't really see the newbs leaving because of the families. This game has always had families and successfully had large populations with these families. I think about TK, GML, ARM, SHRK, BYZ, AUA, VE, RL, etc. and they're not much different than the families that exist now. They all played 1 server constantly and won multiple times, sometimes in a row, on that 1 server. However, that did not force the population of the game down to the extent that it is now.

I mean of course separating newbs from pros would be a good thing. Of course breaking families apart and rotating servers would be a good thing. However, the current game design requires me to play 24/7 on-call. I'm a pretty crazy person and was okay with this. Now I have a girlfriend, job, college.. and I just can't make that commitment anymore. Why should I be married to BD? I remember playing in OC while I was in school for 6 hours each day, and I never had problems. There's no way I can play currently on that activity though. It's a problem. One that is glanced over everytime we talk about this game's problems. One that requires real minimum effort vs many other ideas to fix immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:39 am 
Captain
Captain

so ilona makes it 12 man alliance for this e3 , i thought it will be more organised manner or systematic and not really so rough.

And kenny , malice actually told me that how very the years game transformed. In the starting mainly skills were required but now mainly high activity plus a few traps should be known

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Lolowut wrote:
I think also the requirement of activity is a huge turn-off.

thats like 200% true . All my friends that left BD till now never said anything about losing interest in the game or anything like that , but instead they were like " BD is the best game we have ever come through , but we dont have enough time to play this game." . and tbh noone would like to spend his all day infront of a computer screen or getting called at 3 am in night to move squads. The game becomes too much stressful if u are playing an era for the win.

This game has too much offensive structures , like nuke attack , spy damage, Lockdown etc etc . for defense we only have shield , maybe if more Defensive structures are brough in , which gives a choice to the player to either invest his resources in making army or investing those resources in defensives structures to buy him time , so he can play the game in laidback and relaxed mode. Its just a suggesting , preferably admins and developers know better , but still they should bring some improvements in such a way , which reduce the amount of time spent daily , due to which the people who only play 1 or 2 eras per year would be able to play throughout the year.

~Bane

Current Status : Playing Clash of Clans with BD friends

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

. Will agree with Bane.

Tacticsoft here needs to see what is the demand of the players that will make this remain here longer.

A good example is Nokia was ruling until few yrs back in india but it was overthrown by samsung bcoz it started to make what were the requirements of the people but then soon its prices were touching skies . In a developing country like india max population doesnt buy such costly products so an indian company namely micromax started to manufacture a little cheaper phones and in last weeks analysis report says micromax has overtook samsung in budget phone range so here too tacticsoft needs to see what players are comfortable with.
Not everyone like me and ehas can wait all yr round just to play 2 good serious eras during holidays

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:59 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

M2 Era 44 I featured for DETA that era as Infamous Heretic, ive been between them and CME ever since. That era was a great war and well fought TN n LT, and MFIX if you hadnt botched the attack on the relic you might have had us on the ropes, the wall has a tendency to cloud judgement on attacks.

-Something Wild-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:32 am 
Captain
Captain

Kaparati wrote:
M2 Era 44 I featured for DETA that era as Infamous Heretic, ive been between them and CME ever since. That era was a great war and well fought TN n LT, and MFIX if you hadnt botched the attack on the relic you might have had us on the ropes, the wall has a tendency to cloud judgement on attacks.

-Something Wild-

thanks for those wonderful memories i was hitmo just watching playing for LT that era.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Yea I remember all you guys from LT fending off CME for ages and in turn earning their respect. DETA even took in one of your LT players (Go0se) afterwards.

-Something Wild-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next