It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Improved Relic Suggestion!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Please go here to vote on the the first part of the suggestion!
Relic Attack System
The vote seems to be for squads to be able to launch from the new turret OPs

Here is the link to the 2nd part of the suggestion!
Turret Functions

---------------------------

Hello Dawners!

Do you love Battle Dawn? Do you love strategy, warfare, and the excitement of a good era? Do you want to see dull eras disappear and every era to be exciting from start to finish? Then we've got something for you!

We have a suggestion to reduce sub abuse, decrease "battle hugs", give new players (and alliances) a chance to have more impact in an era and overall make the game more war focused and fun for everyone by overhauling the relic system! But we need your help and feedback for this!

We want to work with you before we change anything in order to end up with the best update for everyone. We want to maximize the potential for fun, war and glorious conquest! So please give us your thoughts and ideas!

For now, this suggestion is for an update that will be dubbed the "Ilonium Update™"; an update that will be as much from the staff as from the players once it is fleshed out and completed. The current suggestion is to introduce the following changes:

• Alliances create relics from "fragments"
  • 1 out of 8 wreckage's will contain a fragment.
  • 1 player can hold only 1 fragment at any time.
  • Relics can only be attacked from relics. (no longer the case, read below in green)

More details on the suggested mechanics:

Spoiler:
  • The amount of fragments you have is shown in your statistics (both of your current era and in your career!)
  • Only 10 relics can be created.
  • Fragments can not be taken from individuals.
  • Leaders can fuse 5 fragments within the alliance into 1 relic.
  • Owning a fragment will give the individual player additional score and resources.
  • Fusing a new relic will increase alliance score only.
  • Relics are owned by the alliance, which can be moved by the leader and possibly by a 2nd in command.
  • Relics still increase resource production for everyone in the alliance.
  • Once you create a relic, you cannot kick or invite members for 300 ticks (but members can still choose to leave).
  • If fragments are not fused within 300 ticks, they disappear.
  • 80 fragments can spawn at any given time, maximally (there will never be more than 80 fragments in the world at one time).
  • Relics travel at the speed of regular squads.
  • You can not move units to a relic while the relic is moving.
  • There is a 3 tick cool-down to move relics after stopping them.
  • "Turret" outposts that will slow down any relics within a 3 tick radius and add 1 tick of radiation to relics in range

We think this will give everyone more of a goal to strive for, make the eras more interesting from start to finish, allow more alliances to get relics in an era therefore inducing more wars and finally add an additional strategic layer to the game.

We're very excited about this and would love to hear your ideas and input so we can perfect it!

----------------------
Updates! April, 4 2015
  • Fragments will now be released based on Simen's spawningpool idea
    70+ left, 1/2 is a fragment
    60+ left 1/3 is a fragment
    50+ left 1/4 is a fragment
    40+ left 1/5 is a gragment
    30+ left 1/6 is a fragment
    20+ left 1/7 is a fragment
    Less than 20, 1/8 is a fragment
  • If you hold a fragment, the system will be programmed so that you do not get another fragment in a wreck. You will automatically be given resources as per a normal wreck.
  • Relics will not only be able to attack relics. We are still looking for the best solution, but we have agreed this needs to be changed. Suggestions include:
    Spoiler:
    - "Killing rule": where have of the alliance holding a relic must be killed in order for the relic to be attacked

- Turret launcher: Use fragments to upgrade a turret outpost. This will eliminate the fragment (giving up score and boost, but also opening up another fragment into the world and ability to gain a new fragment). This turret outpost will allow you to launch on Relics as well as act as an item that will slow down relics as per the original idea. If a turret get's jammed, you can still launch from it at a relic, but it will not slow a relic down anymore. If an enemy takes the turret, it will automatically downgrade to a regular OP. Downgrading the OP yourself will NOT give you back your fragment. Upgrading with the fragment automatically deletes the fragment and allows new fragment to spawn.

- Minimum fragments: If an alliance holds a specific amount of fragments (number hasn't been determined yet) then your alliance is able to launch on relics still. Example: 10 relics are made on the world. Alliance B has no relics, but 5 fragments. They meet the minimum fragment requirement and are now able to attack the relic as well from the colonies holding relics

Post subject: Re: Improved Relic Suggestion!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am really excited about this suggestion, very curious what everyone thinks. :)

I want to see more armies die :D

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

How much score does a fragment give to a player? Also are players able to gain fragments from wrecks at any point in the era?

Also since relics are only gained by wrecks which appear randomly and not at a set time like relics , players are going to have to be much more active. So i guess that increases competition. Seems like a good idea , hope it gets implemented. Although , players won't be able to get xtals if this goes through , only way to get xtals would be garrisons and colonies. So perhaps , more garrisons to compensate the loss of xtals from relics?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
I think it could use some tweaks (like the alliance voting on when to make the fragments into a relic) but I really like the overall idea. Super excited :D

Retired player, trying to come back again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

mustafa960 wrote:
How much score does a fragment give to a player? Also are players able to gain fragments from wrecks at any point in the era?

Also since relics are only gained by wrecks which appear randomly and not at a set time like relics , players are going to have to be much more active. So i guess that increases competition. Seems like a good idea , hope it gets implemented. Although , players won't be able to get xtals if this goes through , only way to get xtals would be garrisons and colonies. So perhaps , more garrisons to compensate the loss of xtals from relics?

What do you think would be a reasonable score for fragments to give?

Yes - up to 80 at once can exist in the world, until then they don't stop spawning from wrecks. :)

Good point, I do like garrisons. Curious to see what others think as possible replacement for those crystals. :)

Though I think we should keep in mind fragments give score as well!

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:51 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mustafa960 wrote:

Untill all 10 relics are created, yes.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:53 pm 
Major
Major

I'm open to this idea, another perhaps less radical change wuld be the return of attaching relics to colonies like a crystal so that you would need to actualy conquer the player to take their relic. although, I suppose you could put both suggestions together and have the relics created by fragments then attached to the colony

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mustafa960 wrote:

Good questions! As for the fragment, the score boost is yet to be determined and set in stone. Me personally, since you can only hold 1 at a time, I was thinking perhaps 100+ score for the individual player. On top of this, the fragment also gives resource boost to the individual player, so I would say we shouldn't make it too much of a score boost.

And yes, players are able to gain fragments from wrecks at anypoint in the era. You may see random noobies 100 ticks in with fragments! It's partially the luck of the draw! Wrecks will become much more valuable and a new source of fighting. Wrecks will have a 13% change of being a fragment (1/8). However, if you have a fragment already, you will not get another one. The wreck will automatically reward the player with something else (like tokens, metal, energy, etc.). So with this idea, relics will start to show up (potentially) much sooner! Of course, as stated, 80 is the max at any given time though! So if we have 80 fragments out, you gotta wait until they start deleting at their 300 tick limit! Or there are 10 relics out and obviously we can't have more than 10 relics (but once again, fragments expire after 300 ticks, so if one deletes, a new one will take place)

As for the crystals part, fragments were meant to offset crystals a little bit, but with this, I would plan to have more garrisons appear. But there could be other solutions to this as well! I'd love to hear some ideas ;)

maxattack wrote:
I think it could use some tweaks (like the alliance voting on when to make the fragments into a relic) but I really like the overall idea. Super excited :D

Tweaks are great! Let's hear what you think may work or make it better! The voting idea is interesting! Any details on how you'd like that to work?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

socialmisfit1 wrote:
I'm open to this idea, another perhaps less radical change wuld be the return of attaching relics to colonies like a crystal so that you would need to actualy conquer the player to take their relic. although, I suppose you could put both suggestions together and have the relics created by fragments then attached to the colony

I really like the idea of having to conquer a player to take their relics... it would kill handing, but I think the moveable relics are a lot cooler than the circle we used to have around colonies.

I would love to see them combined some how. One thing I thought of recently, was maybe making it so that when a relic is taken, the alliance gets conquered, and vice versa. But maybe that's a bit extreme?

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
Alexanderkitty wrote:
socialmisfit1 wrote:

I really like the idea of having to conquer a player to take their relics... it would kill handing, but I think the moveable relics are a lot cooler than the circle we used to have around colonies.

I would love to see them combined some how. One thing I thought of recently, was maybe making it so that when a relic is taken, the alliance gets conquered, and vice versa. But maybe that's a bit extreme?

I'm a fan of relics being seperate from colonies in terms of being conquered. If the top player has a relic and 20 crystals, you could commit all your units to attack the players colony.

By seperating the relic and colony, it makes the game more challenging, and if the relic-holder is conquered, they still have the relics score boost.

Regarding the relic allance thing, I think that example is a little extreme, but I like the idea of the alliance being affected by a relic being taken apart from score/resource boosts

Retired player, trying to come back again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next