It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trade of resources between alliance members
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 pm 
Private
Private

Ok is that disabled in the new client? if not how do you do it. I tried to do it the old way but the option qwas not there.

Post subject: Re: Trade of resources between alliance members
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:31 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

its disabled unless u donated. Reason being is that people cheated at the start of the game, by getting multies, or getting friends to make accounts, then just dump their ressources into 1 account.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal

So now only those that donate are given the opportunity to cheat. Great! Makes perfect sense! :roll:

Seriously......this makes very little sense. I have tons of oil that I could trade off for metal within my alliance, if only I were allowed. Where exactly does this new client level out the playing field between donators and non-donators?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Poeple who donate dont dump their ressources to someone and delete their colony. If u dont think the new client levels out the playing field for non donators, then how am i ranked 4th without donating?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:24 pm 
Captain
Captain

Resource trading was temporarily changed so that only supporters can trade resources. This was necessary as we had some issues of players exploiting the new break protection system to farm massive amounts of resources using multi accounts.

Once we have a chance to set up some filters/protection in place so that it cannot be exploited we'll add it back in for all users. Multi abusers aren't willing to spend money to exploit(99% of the time ;)) so this was the most efficient way to keep trading in the game but limit it's abuse.

Hope that helps!
-Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

davegg wrote:
Poeple who donate dont dump their ressources to someone and delete their colony. If u dont think the new client levels out the playing field for non donators, then how am i ranked 4th without donating?

Same way that I am, though I'm not ranked quite as highly as you....yet! You're evidently playing well. Donating isn't necessary if you know what you're doing. I finished up my last round on the first page of the rankings on an established Earth server. Didn't donate a dime to the game. How did I rank that high without donating? I like to think that skill played a part! 8-) I'm certain things will be no different here.

Andrew, thanks for the answer, sir! I appreciate it!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]