It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New Client Guide Article - Structures
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:24 pm 
Private
Private

alright structures lets see what i can do

uhm well first thing that i always do is get my metal to atleast lvl. 3 and oil lvl. 2(i usually have exta oil anyway) its also a good idea to get your food to lvl.3 i dont work on stuff like the vehicle factory or the spy centers until later in the game because i feel that that is were their most effective.
(that doesnt mean not to work on those structures just means i put them off) :|

dont know if this will help thank you for reading

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Guide for newbs in protection:
Start off by following the tutorial, then u should be making level 3 of food, oil and metal buildings, and the first energy building.
When this is done u can concentrate on getting the command center so you can get units, and the radar so you can see incoming units when you are out of protection.
Also work on the beam and later explosive construction followed by damage upgrade, with damage your units will deal more damage to the enemy, but will have less armor. make some units with damage, and if you have extra resources enough for light vehicle then do it, they will do more damage and have more armor then normal infantry, but also cost more.
Then make the UAV control so you can scan outposts or colonies you want to attack, or can do incoming scan if some one attack you so you know what your up against.
When you have enough confidence with yourself and the units u may press the "sell protection" button in lower right corner, build a level 4 structure or send out an attack on some one, all these will cause you to be open for attacks, but will give you extra resources.

Guide for semi newbs in protection:
follow the tutorial till the "make outpost stage", then click skipp tutorial unless you have a reason to make the outpost. Make the level 3 metal and food construction, level 2 oil construction and level 1 energy structure. This will give a nice and balanced income. make the Command center so you can start making troops. upgrade the beam, the explosive the light vehicle then the damage upgrade. Get the radar construction and the UAV center and some units and you are ready to leave protection, just attack some one, click "sell protection" or make a level 4 building, this will give you resources.

For experienced players in protection/right after protection:
You skip the tutorial and leave protection. you will now have allot of resources and can start making level 3 food and metal, level 2 oil, and level 2 energy.
Make command center to recruit units, then, make the beam, light vehicle, explosive, damage then ranged. Get the UAV center and you are set to go

Essential translations from battle dawn talk to english:
bd=battle dawn
op=outpost
conquers=people you have taken over who pay 10% of their income in taxes to you
conquered=you have been taken over and pay 10% of your income in taxes to your conquer
tick=how time is measured in battle dawn, is ether 30 minutes or 1 hour
bs=back stabber
colony=your base
tb=training base
br=battle rapport
admin=administrator
bc=broad cast
alliance=your team
allie=friendly with your team
nap=non aggression pact=won't attack each other
coords=coordinates
"scan [fill in coordinates]"=do a unit count
donate=pay real money

color descriptions:
yellow=neutral, not in war with and not allie
red=enemy
blue=allied
green=in your alliance

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

If you read the original topic you would know that you aren't supposed to post your Guides here but P.M. it to Andrew you don't supposed to post it here because other people can steal it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:56 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hey Andrew, i am still not quite sure how this is going. In the original thread, you told us to choose any topic we wanted to make a guide on, the example you made was gates...Would we focus on ONLY gates? or buildings in general??

In this thread, you told us to focus on all structures and to suggest builds for noobies xD Do you want all of us that are doing this to go for that topic??

Also, because some of us have not fully built up our structures for the new client, could you post any changes in names or just take the time to give them all!!

Thanks ~Riders

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:59 pm 
Captain
Captain

We're doing it 1 article at a time, seeing as we seem to have a lot more people than I expected writing articles I will start asking for 1 article a day, today was structures. It doesn't have to be completed and finished in a day though. I will announce the end for each round and the time for submissions will largely depend on the scope of the article and how much information is needed to be covered. I will accept submissions for Structures articles until Monday next week so take your time to right the article, the most efficiently organized and thorough guide will be the winner.

Also here is a useful spreadsheet that has ALL the structures updated costs and the amount of production each one gives: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... rmIA&hl=en.

That is a google doc that is viewable by anyone, remember that these are the costs of the structures after my revisions so they may or may not be in the game just yet but this should be the costs and benefits of each structure going forward.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 am 
Private
Private

hmm, i am interested in doing this too. how would you like the layout?

TK-KoH2-JF-CRK-SoW-BV-F69
(if you remember me being in an alliance, please remind me)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:16 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

What if you already submitted the article and due to new information and requirement you'd like to revise it? Can we revise and re-submit?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:54 pm 
Captain
Captain

lunatic359 wrote:
What if you already submitted the article and due to new information and requirement you'd like to revise it? Can we revise and re-submit?

Yep, you have till monday so don't worry about submitting it right away.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2