It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New Client Guide Article - Structures
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

This is the first article we're looking for, check out this thread for full details of the event: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=501.

So the first article that we want is Structures! Here's some details that should definitely be in the article:

-Cost, ability/function and build time of each structure
-Proper names and listed the same order they are in the client

Some recommended details for this article:

-Recommend starting build-order for beginners, supporters, early conquering, etc.

If you have any questions or need any clarification specific to this article please reply to this thread, if you have any general questions about the "New Client Guide Creation Event" then please post in the thread I provided at the start of this post. Also if you are planning on writing an article for this section of the guide please reply to this thread as well.

Happy writing! :)
-Andrew

Post subject: Re: New Client Guide Article - Structures
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

There is a problem with this first None knows all the structures because none has built them all yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

I wouldnt say that. I think the best way to start off by conquering is building metal and oil and food to lvl. 3 structures. Then working on the workshops and unit structures. Then if you have time after that build more of the metal and food wait on oil because as they'll notice they'll end up with a bunch of left over metal.

Hope this is kinda wat you're looking for. :D

Old Client
ExSo{e7}-#1
OTHG{e6}-#1
TdCt{E4}-#1
New Client
NASA{E3}-#1
KoTu{F1}-#1
CRAP{E1}-#2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 pm 
Private
Private

I'm gonna try working on it as soon as I can :mrgreen:

But I don't have all the buildings so that might need to be edited a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:31 pm 
Private
Private

Bulding a higher level farm can help you upgrade your outpost examples like having a settlement,a radar post a training center and others

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:32 pm 
Private
Private

Dam, this is really irritating! Everytime I click on the link to what we need to do it says I need to log in and then it redirects me to the main fourm page! No matter what I do I can't get to that page. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sorry about that, it's a problem with the cookies for the site I believe. The main article is called "New Client Guide Creation Event!" and it is in the Battle Dawn Forums > Announcements section.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

What about the problem with the not having all the buildings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm 
Private
Private

if anything. work on the metal structure first. cause it seems that metal is the main thing every DOESN'T have. and for an early way of conquering.... build your food,metal, and oil structure to level three. while those are building.. you would want to build your light vehichle building (which is after the barracks spot). you also want to make sure that once you have light vehicles you have the damage upgrade on them (which is after the exsplosive structure). So... you should have food, metal, oil, buildings at level three. you should also have the damage workshop and the light vehicles factory built. then just start building some vehicles with damage and health upgrades so you protect your investment (which is the vehichles with damage uprade). i usually have a couple light vehicles with beam and health so that they absorb the retailiation while the vehicles with damage upgrade do most of the killing. thats just me though. (you may of course want to build up your colony's radar range so you can see further targets). this is one way to start conqouring early.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm 
Private
Private

:idea: The old client has a wikipedia page that tell all about how to play the game. what if the BD staff or some talented players (not me) updated that page to fit the new structures and ways of the game. would that work? :idea:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next