It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who's in the wrong?
Admin Joe 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Moderator Routhy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cheaters 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Re: Who's Getting Paid?
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I am a relatively new player to BD as i have been playing less than 6 months and I have really only played 3 rounds and only 1 round from beginning to end.

So I am completely confused and unable to follow this thread.

Can someone please explain to me what rule was broken, cause the term "farm" seems to have a completely different meaning and context from what I am used to and I think I am completely missing something.

For instance, I call controlling a territory and taking all available conquests in that territory "farming" a territory and I don't think that is what is implied in this post for "farming."

Also in terms of bannable offenses the only ones that I understand to be liable to a perm ban are offensive/racial/discriminatory language etc. and multi-accounts. If this is not the case can someone please enlighten me.

So as far as I know everything else is just utilizing game mechanics and strategy and not really breaking the rules. I mean I don't really see the problem if a player willing lets themselves be conquered by a superior foe without a fight. That just sounds like good strategy to me. Why fight a losing battle? Save the army, reloc, make a come back later. In fact that is what all conquests should be doing, even the daily tips say so.

In other words I don't see what was wrong with this so called "farming" offense that is described in this thread and I believe I am missing years of context that I would like some clarification for us newer players.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:07 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

defenition of farming:
making a colony just to help anyone, all from them conquering you so they get resources and power. to them making a colony to send you resources.

in the rildor case rildor joined the alliance, sent dommy resources then left and let dommy conquer him

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:18 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Thanks for the clarification and definition Simmen.

However, I don't see the problem with what you defined, if each of these colonies was a unique player and individual. I mean if they had that good of a friend and that loyal and they want to waste him/her for a single lump sum of resources in the beginning and a mediocre conquest that may be deleted in the future instead of keeping him as a valued partner I say they welcome to it. They only "shooting themselves in the foot." Something like that is just short term gain long term loss, like "killing the goose that laid the golden egg."

I only see your "farming" as a problem is if those farms are multi-accounts in which the multi-accounting is the permanent bannable offense and that is "black and white," "clear as crystals," and "plain as day." (Don't you just love cliches and idioms.)

Just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:27 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

in dommys case i've heard up to 46 farm colonys, think of the advantage he got over the others.

when you sign up for bd you agree to not farm or abuse rules like that.

EDIT:
here is a copy from the rules about farming:
Quote:
2.2.1. Farming: Participate in any activity within Services for the sole purpose of gaining Game Resources, without participating in actual gameplay; and/or acquiring Game Resources in order to sell them to other Users in exchange for cash, payment or other benefits; establishing Users for the sole purpose of transferring Game Resources to Your other accounts. You shall not solicit or endorse any 3rd party to participate in Services in order to convey Game Resources to You.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

I find this entire thing hilarious .

im very anti joe ( some now this ahha ) too me he is a very lazy admin , on e2 i gave direct proof of bounty abuse , nothing was done . my message opened and ignored , i wasnt even worth a reply i guess

and last time joe banned me for being a multi without any proof other then a message saying " haha yeah im am multi " which is obviously a joke . i apealed that it went no where , joe refused to overturn it and i had to serve my full 4 day sentence ? i think it was for doing NOTHING wrong , when i took it to the forums and got a ( temporary LOL ) perm ban from seth but i sorta deserved that

anyway , im reall getting tired of joe . he says one thing and does another , THATS IF YOUR LUCKY , most the time he says something and does nothing at all .

heh another ban comming my way now i can feeeeel it :D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chad_j93 wrote:
I find this entire thing hilarious .

im very anti joe ( some now this ahha ) too me he is a very lazy admin , on e2 i gave direct proof of bounty abuse , nothing was done . my message opened and ignored , i wasnt even worth a reply i guess

and last time joe banned me for being a multi without any proof other then a message saying " haha yeah im am multi " which is obviously a joke . i apealed that it went no where , joe refused to overturn it and i had to serve my full 4 day sentence ? i think it was for doing NOTHING wrong , when i took it to the forums and got a ( temporary LOL ) perm ban from seth but i sorta deserved that

anyway , im reall getting tired of joe . he says one thing and does another , THATS IF YOUR LUCKY , most the time he says something and does nothing at all .

heh another ban comming my way now i can feeeeel it :D

Looks like i am the topic of the week on the current ban placement on mars 3. So lets clear up a few things (Chad btw i am not getting back into yoru situation but i still love yea none the same)

Ok as for bans and change in bans from some players. We all know first off the main person guilty in this situation aka Dommy. He has and will be staying banned for issues and past events he has done.

I read ever msg and every mail i get. In the situation if you feeled i ignored you sometimes my msgs and responses are delayed for plenty of good reasons. One good reason is there really nothing to respond to yet. your agruing the same point over and over again even after i have spoken up on the topic.

Now that being said there are a couple of colonies that where banned perma in the beginning for reasons of farming. Now after the ban and reviewing the situation each colony turns out to be a active colony on other worlds, yes i am aware the colonies where made on this world for farming purposes. That being said we keep record of bans/warnings/temp bans/notes of each colony present and each account out there. Each person pleaded there case to me. Other people backed them up on the case. After reviewing the issue of each and hearing what each had to say about the situation. I made a decision to either revoke perma ban and replace it with a temp ban or not. You may not like my decision, but i sure i have all admins backing that my decision to change said people back to temp bans was a just action.

Now after which you bring to light information that they have/tried to do this for a while. yes i saw the information but my decision on the matter will not change. The punishment they recieved and Damage done because of it is fair enough. Each colony in checked will of course be watched more closly.

Now you might not agree with this decision, you might not like me for the situation. Please try and view this from my point of view as well. For i fully see it from your point of view and understand your frustration. But i like to be fair and in doing made a few changes with who remained perma banned

I hope this clears up things for you. If you havce any more questions on teh issue let me know

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

thankyou admin joe, and anarchy how about putting a reply on the vote that is not biased perhaps your wrong? rather then criticizing a fellow mod and an admin.. please stop persicuting me just because you dont like me, routhy doesent and he was a fair moderator about it, i have entered vacation mode on that server now anyhow, what is done is done... i am greatful to joe for being conciderete and you all need to lay off him he is doing his job what he is payed to do is handle stuff like this as an administater, a moderators job is to help the admins in stuff like this which routhy did, thankyou to admin joe, andrew, simmen and routhy for doing their jobs. cheers guys.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

Rildor wrote:
thankyou admin joe, and anarchy how about putting a reply on the vote that is not biased perhaps your wrong? rather then criticizing a fellow mod and an admin.. please stop persicuting me just because you dont like me, routhy doesent and he was a fair moderator about it, i have entered vacation mode on that server now anyhow, what is done is done... i am greatful to joe for being conciderete and you all need to lay off him he is doing his job what he is payed to do is handle stuff like this as an administater, a moderators job is to help the admins in stuff like this which routhy did, thankyou to admin joe, andrew, simmen and routhy for doing their jobs. cheers guys.

MODs only have powers on forums , they are forum mods not ingame mods

they really should have no input on bans and what not , the only thing the should really do is advise members how to go about it and point them in the right direction

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:03 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hey there.

BD is an online community game, and thus
I understand that problems in the community might arise from time to time
but please be patient and our staff will do the best to solve the issues for the benefit of the all players involved.

Managing thousands of players is no easy task...

So if you have any suggestions on how to improve our service, please PM me or post on the suggestion board or email me: [email protected]

In the meanwhile, i see Our Admins are already on top of this. so I'll get back to preparing the next BD bug fix update :)

Thanks!

Mic.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:37 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I act as a medium between player and Admin where necessary, as do all moderators, it is part of our job.

BD is played by thousands every day, the admins alone cannot get to every cry for help the very moment is sent. This is where the mods step in to make sure that urgent problems are addressed ASAP by contacting the admins directly.

The implication that I am "doing an admin's work" is ridiculous. The only involvement I had with Joe was telling him Rildor's side of things and telling him that I did believe Rildor was being genuine. The decision taken was Joe's, not mine.

Quote:
Edit - You're full of crap Routhy, you and Rildor are friends how many eras have you played together?

Open the search tool, put Rildor's name in the search and my name in the 'author' box and take a look at things I have said to and about Rildor.

He and I have never played together, and we've hated each other since way back in old client.

N.B. In response to the implication that I was replying to a message sent to Joe- the timing was purely coincidental, I sent Anarchy a message responding to what he had posted elsewhere on the forum, I had no idea he had contacted Joe prior to that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next