It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: We love our old BD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

ino wrote:
i think u guys would also wanted the new BD in the future
coz it was the first time u've experienced the new client but i think just w8 a month ull like it...

i lov the old forum xD

Yeah the new client is growing on me. I started out hating it but now not so bad, but yeah, I misses the old forum. the only good thing about this one is the master account system.

My vote: new, we'll all get used to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:34 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

old servers = awesome

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:27 am 
Private
Private

OLD, why are they even stopping the old client? It makes no sense...

Just let us play the old one, i mean the new one just doesn't work as well as the old one. The thing i hate the most is the whole new style, like the oversized map.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Its make sense

the old servers could not support the amount of players.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 am 
Private
Private

rederoin wrote:
Its make sense

That doesn't make sense either...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 am 
Captain
Captain

eriksn wrote:
Dude there is a little button that u click and it takes u out of protection and gives u resources for every tick u had left on the protection.. idk the math though lol :ugeek:

The break protection feature currently gives 50 metal/oil for every tick of protection left. So with only 100 ticks of protection left you will get 5000 metal and oil right away. That's a nice boost to get started :).

dunized wrote:
rederoin wrote:
Its make sense

That doesn't make sense either...

The old client was plagued with many innate problems that limited the game, here are some examples:

-Anytime you had more than 50ish squads in 1 chevron it would cause a huge amount of lag for the game to load
-Outposts being able to be glitched and built on water
-Couldn't handle anymore than 4000 players per world(New client is expected to handle around 10,000)
-Coding was not streamlined and wasn't able to integrate well with other systems
-Would lag immensely after moving around a few areas and loading colonies, the new client will show you ALL colonies and outposts in the world when you zoom out, making placing a colony easier as well as war planning
-Required a seperate registration for each world(That was a big pain...), the new client has 1 login for the forums and all worlds now which are all linked on 1 common system, logging into the game or forums is the same.
-Updates and new features were extremely difficult to add to the old client and required a lot of inefficient coding, the new client is streamlined and indexed to make updates and modification much easier

The new client has roughly 4 times the amount of code that the old one does and that will tell you the potential that it has over the old client which was already quite nifty ;). While it does take longer to load than the old client does at the moment, that is largely due to our continuing optimization of our servers and in time I believe the loading differences will be minor.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:55 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

I actealy also start liking it more , a bit big , i like the power system tho
but the score is a bit big , 815 score is not alot now..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 pm 
Private
Private

Andrew wrote:
The old client was plagued with many innate problems that limited the game, here are some examples:

-Anytime you had more than 50ish squads in 1 chevron it would cause a huge amount of lag for the game to load
-Outposts being able to be glitched and built on water
-Couldn't handle anymore than 4000 players per world(New client is expected to handle around 10,000)
-Coding was not streamlined and wasn't able to integrate well with other systems
-Would lag immensely after moving around a few areas and loading colonies, the new client will show you ALL colonies and outposts in the world when you zoom out, making placing a colony easier as well as war planning
-Required a seperate registration for each world(That was a big pain...), the new client has 1 login for the forums and all worlds now which are all linked on 1 common system, logging into the game or forums is the same.
-Updates and new features were extremely difficult to add to the old client and required a lot of inefficient coding, the new client is streamlined and indexed to make updates and modification much easier

The new client has roughly 4 times the amount of code that the old one does and that will tell you the potential that it has over the old client which was already quite nifty ;). While it does take longer to load than the old client does at the moment, that is largely due to our continuing optimization of our servers and in time I believe the loading differences will be minor.

-Andrew

Thanks for making me some things clear.
You're right the lag and the loading times are gone, that's a great plus. Altough i need to get used to the new client.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 pm 
Captain
Captain

Another one assimilated, 8-)

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:25 pm 
Private
Private

i vote for the new one cmon guys u have to admit it has so many cool features that u cant do in the old client

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next