It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Era to end in whimper...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:52 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Yea... being able to sleep was good :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:06 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

yeah, sleep afterwards were great xD

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:47 pm 
Captain
Captain

cow wasnt bakcstabbed they attacked a sub of new in NEW's hive. and yes it was easy beating cow they quit. and so why defend a whole alliance that quits with over 500 ticks left.

Trevor of Bing
AKA: NO Prisoners of Nomercy

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:01 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Actually you are right however your missing a number of details that make the outcome somewhat different.

Ignoring the fact that NEW tried to back stab us earlier in the era.
Ignoring the fact NEW recruited traitors to COW after being asked not to.
Ignoring the face that we had just been fighting SAGE for over a month to honour our alliance with NEW and stop them falling.

EVENT 1: A Cow3 member launchs to attack a colony. N3W member launchs a few ticks later and ends up in a battle over the colony with the Cow3 member resulting in the loss of the Cow3 members army.

Harsh words are exchanged between the members and a few ops taken.

EVENT 2: N3W Member attacks a colony within the COW hive aswell as various ops. He sends me a mail declaring war against Cow3. I attempt to resolve the issue but he continues his assault declaring war against COW.
He uses the threat of "telling NEW" if we defend our member.

The NEW leader AND the N3W alliance leader are contacted via ingame mail. I speak to the NEW leader and tell him that he has declared war on us and we're going to conquer him for this. The NEW leader does not mind and logs off.

COW forces have moved a decent distance across Antartica to conquer this member and stop his holy war. His shield is up, at tick 11.5 the NEW leader logs onto MSN and demands we stop the attack.

1. Leaving no time to talk.
2. Not all of the attacking members would be online.

At this point NEW declares war on COW and moves to take our relic.

I believe at this point the NEW leader is grabbing for power. AS we have defended them for a long time, our armies are depleted and our rank has dropped out from the top 5.

EVENT 3:

COW and COW3 open the war by spamming and removing a large number of ops and nukes. Peace talks take place and after a few hours we both agree to stand down and resolve the issue.

NEW agrees to stop its attack on our relic..
We have a colony within the NEW hive on the coast, we withdraw our squads in the field to this point and i go out for a few drinks.

On arriving home i find that our relic is in the hands of NEW. Annoying but the NEW leader assures it will be returned and the guy taking it was offline...

So sleep time..

EVENT 4:

On waking up i find that my colony has been nuked to high hell by the subs of NEW and a few of our subs had been conquered.
Again im assured this is a minor problem with subs not following orders.

2 of the COW alliance colonies shields are up with NEW forces trying to conquer. Ant says the members are offline but will be back shortly to turn back at which point they do retreat.

EVENT 5:

Another night passes by and this time our colony near there hive is nuked and conquered. The relic is not moving either. ANother set of excuses are made.

There is tension between subs with small skirmishes but nothing major.

EVENT 6:

I am speaking to the NEW leader from work (Cant get on bdawn sometimes from there). Mentions of the small skirmishes are made, but peace seems fine and we're talking about tactics and our alliance for next era.

A few hours later i arrive home and 156 (i think) are a few ticks from landing on my colony. At this point im feeling somewhat of an idiot.. I've been played.

The NEW army was wiped out and they were knocked from 3rd position. At this point we decided to stop playing the game as 500 ticks remained, we had been fight SAGE solid for a long time and we wanted a break. Nothing to gain by a war with NEW so late on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:06 am 
Corporal
Corporal

So yes NEW did betray us, over and over in fact in a few days. I am the idiot for letting it happen...

Can you believe that NEW are trying to make peace with us even now, but they refuse to return the relic.

Now small details are missing but this is the general gist of what happened. I dont pretend that COW is perfect however we honoured our alliance to NEW. We placed our alliance in harms way to defend NEW from SAGE.

NEW have a history of 'grabbing for cash' and i believe this what happened. Ant (NEW Leader) is score crazy. He wanted to finish as high as possible..

NEW, see how you fair next era when we arnt protecting you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2