It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Auto-Logout
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:46 am 
Private
Private

Is anyone else facing this issue? Every single time i logon the forums OR the game, or anything BD related at all, i get auto logged-out every 30s. I had to try like, 10 times to make this thread in the first place, every time i logged in and tried to make a new topic it said 'you need to login to make a thread'.

Even after ticking the 'login every session' checkbox at the login page, i still face this problem. Can someone help me with this issue? :/

Post subject: Re: Auto-Logout
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What browser are you using?
Do you have your cookies enabled?

This used to be an issue for me, back when they were working on the login system between forum and game. But that was fixed a while ago. The simplest thing i can think of is that either your browser isn't handling the cookies/sessions properly, or you simply have your cookie settings set wrong.

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:31 pm 
Private
Private

Google Chrome, and i HAVE already referred to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3050&battlegate_prod_sid=19f9400e387bff16a718d862aa15cc4b. Doesn't help, i still face the same problem :/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

i'll try point the admins toward this topic since this is unusual

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 am 
Captain
Captain

Try with another browser to see if that helps so that we can identify if it is computer specific or browser specific. Also look at the link at the top when posting, if you are using a direct link you may be using an old link such as prod.battlegate.net/forum/ instead of battledawn.com/forum/ and that may be messing up the session/cookie if you switch between them.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:52 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i have just tried to go through with chrome, and i have no problems going from game to forum, to forum to game, etc etc... i stay logged in.

Do you have any sort of add-ons for chrome?
Can you check the cookie settings for me? (Tools->Options->Under The Hood)
Cookies is part way down the list. Do you have cookies set to "Allow all Cookies"?
If it IS set to that, then my next step would be just to clear your cookies, log in again, and then attempt to view the expiration times on the cookies, just to see if there is some hiccup there.

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

pious268 wrote:
Is anyone else facing this issue? Every single time i logon the forums OR the game, or anything BD related at all, i get auto logged-out every 30s. I had to try like, 10 times to make this thread in the first place, every time i logged in and tried to make a new topic it said 'you need to login to make a thread'.

Even after ticking the 'login every session' checkbox at the login page, i still face this problem. Can someone help me with this issue? :/

I had this issue not long ago, for some reason my browser would take me to the prod.battledawn page and somehow I would be log out as soon as I logged in. I had to reinstall it in order for this to be fixed. Using another browser will also have battle dawn working out again. I know this can be very frustrating, so hope I could be of help.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 am 
Private
Private

I have tried 3 different browsers already (Chrome, Mozilla, IE) and all three face the same problem. I've deleted my cookies and stuff already...

I suspect it has got something to do with my ISP. My IP address is not a fixed one; it keeps changing every time i switch my modem on; perhaps this is the cause of the problem? I don't know if BD has any features or what that might be blocking this..

Also, prior to this, I haven't used Mozilla (just installed) so I don't think its a browser problem.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:13 am 
Captain
Captain

Hmm that's quite odd, changing IPs isn't an issue, unless your IP is changing every few minutes ;). Do you have any other computer's in the house you could try? Or any other place you could log into BD from? The next step is to determine if it is your computer or a modem/router or isp problem.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 pm 
Private
Private

Ok, this is getting a little tiring, I need to try 10+ times to even login the client...

I think it's a modem problem. I used this PC and Laptop using the same connection, both of them faced this auto-logout... But using a different one, it worked.

However, I don't have a lot of access to other networks. Is there any way I could fix my modem to work for BD? I don't think I'm willing to spend on a new modem just to play BD...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next