It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: New Korean War?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:16 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yesterday, North Korea fired shells into disputed waters near the southern border. South Korea then returned fire promptly. As of today North Korea has fired dozens of shells at the South Korean mainland according to BBC.

The back story is that South Korea spoke of making a preemptive strike against North Korea in order to prevent a nuclear attack. North Korea took this as an act of war, and well... this happened.

So, do you think that this will lead to another Korean War? Or will South and North Korea finally establish a treaty, instead of just an extended cease fire?

Personally I think it will. With shots fired from both sides, I don't really see how it will be avoidable.

Argue away...

I can't play for CRAP

Post subject: Re: New Korean War?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:46 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What we all need, yet another war -.-

I propose global peace! Who is with me?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

meh.. peace is for noobs.
We need more nukes to make more radioactive insects, to bring superheroes to the world...

Like Sheepy!

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bazzy wrote:
Yesterday, North Korea fired shells into disputed waters near the southern border. South Korea then returned fire promptly. As of today North Korea has fired dozens of shells at the South Korean mainland according to BBC.

The back story is that South Korea spoke of making a preemptive strike against North Korea in order to prevent a nuclear attack. North Korea took this as an act of war, and well... this happened.

So, do you think that this will lead to another Korean War? Or will South and North Korea finally establish a treaty, instead of just an extended cease fire?

Personally I think it will. With shots fired from both sides, I don't really see how it will be avoidable.

Argue away...

I wouldnt be surprised if N Korea was to accoplish in making a nuke there main test would be against south Korea... I have friends stationed there... They tell me of the conflict going between them... The problem would be how far will either side go to try and prove there point...

edit follow up on something... I dont see South and north ever agreein on a peace... A war between the 2 will eventually break out and one side will control korea... The problem though that will come is people will back up one side or another... Which side really deserves to control korea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

nice to see u on the forum joe ;)
I never even heard about this, haven't been on the news in norway at all =/

North korea will probly go to war the second they get nukes then start a world wide war, then all of hummanity will die =/

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

simmen wrote:
nice to see u on the forum joe ;)
I never even heard about this, haven't been on the news in norway at all =/

North korea will probly go to war the second they get nukes then start a world wide war, then all of hummanity will die =/

Someone's optimistic.......

I can't play for CRAP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:38 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

neclear (i don't have spell check on this computer so plz don't kill me) ar might be the worst thing to happend in the history of man kind, and if north korea get the weapons and fire them at South korea it will only go down hill from there

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

simmen wrote:
neclear (i don't have spell check on this computer so plz don't kill me) ar might be the worst thing to happend in the history of man kind, and if north korea get the weapons and fire them at South korea it will only go down hill from there

Thats about as far as they can shoot it anyways... with USA missile warning... Japans new missile defense system and well N Koreas lack ability in rocket science to make a worth while missile to carry such a heavy payload.... South Korea is about the only target they can fire at... It be like one Ant hill fighting the other ant hill....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

simmen wrote:
nuclear (i don't have spell check on this computer so plz don't kill me) war might be the worst thing to happen in the history of man kind, and if North Korea get the weapons and fire them at South Korea it will only go down hill from there

It all depends, People will probably (or at least hope so) by now understand that nuclear war will destroy us all, and avoid it. (For example most of the 40 em I really forgot how to say the unit of measure for explosive in english O.o, are out of commission after the cold war ended).

empirebattles.com wrote:
meh.. peace is for noobs.
We need more nukes to make more radioactive insects, to bring superheroes to the world...

Like Sheepy!

I know this is kind of out of the topic, but I reserve all the rights of fling super sheep for all BD forums, so this means I reserve the rights on who can have or even touch a super sheep on this forum and not some random radioactive insects. So I will stick with my proposition for global peace....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

now you are all assuming that NK will launch any nukes that they have i doubt that they will because they know if they bomb SK we bomb them and we can do much more damage than they can so if open war does come (they technically never made peace after the first war) I believe it would be conventional and we would support SK in which case we would win no doubt if NK is alone but if china were to join it may be much different including possible nuclear exchange

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next