It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Obama's Middle East tour
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:46 am 
Captain
Captain

ahahahhaha al jazeera not biased XD

the couple weeks i spent in the middle east on holidays allowed me to fully appreciate any news that doesnt have a deeper underlying political agenda.

al jazeera is biased.

their sources are limited to only the middle east.
thus have a bias for the middle east.

i admit, it may be better then fox, and yes, it may show more news then the celebrity stuff you see crammed into many US shows...

it is good that the middle east are now breaking down barriers due to Obama, McCain could not possibly have made anything like what is happening now. he just doesnt have the charisma nor the backing. right wingers prefer their right to bear arms against the world.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:00 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
ahahahhaha al jazeera not biased XD

the couple weeks i spent in the middle east on holidays allowed me to fully appreciate any news that doesnt have a deeper underlying political agenda.

al jazeera is biased.

their sources are limited to only the middle east.
thus have a bias for the middle east.

i admit, it may be better then fox, and yes, it may show more news then the celebrity stuff you see crammed into many US shows...

it is good that the middle east are now breaking down barriers due to Obama, McCain could not possibly have made anything like what is happening now. he just doesnt have the charisma nor the backing. right wingers prefer their right to bear arms against the world.

The pre-school guy here :)

Whats so wrong what Mccain would have done?
The ME is *censor* up , charisma won't help it.

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:

McCain? he is a clear republican, he basically looks like a cousin of bush snr.

while prejudice and xenophobia shouldnt be tolerated, i think the middle east has had enough "white americans" come in and try to "fix them"

obama is fresh and new, a new blank page for USA relations.

McCain can start another Iraq war after not finding WMDs.

"The ME is *censor* up , charisma won't help it"
- dunno what this is.

Update* Obama basically attacked Iran's leader subtley while at that holocaust concentration camp. he is getting new friends and reaffirming the old while blatantly and subtley poking the enemy in the face. pretty epic in what 3 days work?

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
rederoin wrote:

McCain? he is a clear republican,

noooooooooooooooooooooooo?? really , he was part of the Republicans?

Quote:
while prejudice and xenophobia shouldnt be tolerated, i think the middle east has had enough "white americans" come in and try to "fix them"

>.> The could also NOT come .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:24 am 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
mrducky wrote:
rederoin wrote:

im not even sure if you are joking... cant detect sarcasm on internets.

Quote:

believe me, cause of alqaeda and iraq and iran and afghanistan and syria and israel and palestine... and most importantly... oil. they will come. OH THEY WILL COME.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:41 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

mrducky wrote:
rederoin wrote:
mrducky wrote:

im not even sure if you are joking... cant detect sarcasm on internets.

believe me, cause of alqaeda and iraq and iran and afghanistan and syria and israel and palestine... and most importantly... oil. they will come. OH THEY WILL COME.

Ok , then the will come , :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
"I watched a middle eastern TV channel, it is biased."

Quick point. Anyone who has studied Evidence Analysis would agree with me here; a source that comes from X country is not necessarily X biased. Of course, it may well be and I'm not saying it isn't. But to be honest, American Media is one of the worst for Self-Glorification and patriotism. A good mix of sources from different viewpoints are needed in order to make a valid conclusion with the information provided.

News totally free of bias is basically impossible.

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:14 am 
Captain
Captain

Steven wrote:
Quote:
"I watched a middle eastern TV channel, it is biased."

Quick point. Anyone who has studied Evidence Analysis would agree with me here; a source that comes from X country is not necessarily X biased. Of course, it may well be and I'm not saying it isn't. But to be honest, American Media is one of the worst for Self-Glorification and patriotism. A good mix of sources from different viewpoints are needed in order to make a valid conclusion with the information provided.

News totally free of bias is basically impossible.

ive seen fox news

i live in australia

i went to middle east on holiday and saw some al jazeera

believe me. it is biased.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

mrducky wrote:
rederoin wrote:

- dunno what this is.

Update* Obama basically attacked Iran's leader subtley while at that holocaust concentration camp. he is getting new friends and reaffirming the old while blatantly and subtley poking the enemy in the face. pretty epic in what 3 days work?

And Obama is a black American trying to fix the Middle East. How is he any different than others in the past, other than being black? What exactly has he accomplished in the Middle East? Nothing you say? How odd to be singing the praises of someone that has done absolutely nothing but talk!

Isn't it funny how during the campaign, Obama would cry foul when his middle name, Hussein, was brought up and he felt the need to stress that he was not Muslim, yet he made sure to stress his middle name when speaking in a Muslim country? He made a good point, though, as far as saying that the USA is not a Christian nation. We've gotten to far away from God to make that claim. The fact remains, however, that the USA was founded as such, and was the greatest nation on the face of the Earth while we remained a Christian nation. God was taken out of everything American, and look where we're at now.
Now, let the slanderous ad hominem attacks begin! I would expect no less. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

cbuzz24 wrote:
mrducky wrote:
rederoin wrote:

- dunno what this is.

And Obama is a black American trying to fix the Middle East. How is he any different than others in the past, other than being black? What exactly has he accomplished in the Middle East? Nothing you say? How odd to be singing the praises of someone that has done absolutely nothing but talk!

Isn't it funny how during the campaign, Obama would cry foul when his middle name, Hussein, was brought up and he felt the need to stress that he was not Muslim, yet he made sure to stress his middle name when speaking in a Muslim country? He made a good point, though, as far as saying that the USA is not a Christian nation. We've gotten to far away from God to make that claim. The fact remains, however, that the USA was founded as such, and was the greatest nation on the face of the Earth while we remained a Christian nation. God was taken out of everything American, and look where we're at now.
Now, let the slanderous ad hominem attacks begin! I would expect no less. :roll:

Quote:
What exactly has he accomplished in the Middle East? Nothing you say? How odd to be singing the praises of someone that has done absolutely nothing but talk!

despite having only 6 months to work with rather then the several that G.W.Bush had, Obama represents change, all of those in the middle east are far more willing to try deeper US relations purely because he represents a change from the 8 year stagnation that was Bush.

Quote:
Isn't it funny how during the campaign, Obama would cry foul when his middle name, Hussein, was brought up and he felt the need to stress that he was not Muslim, yet he made sure to stress his middle name when speaking in a Muslim country?

politics... nothing but politics. if you havent noticed but after bush went through with the media there was a massively strong correlation between the word muslim and the word terrorist in many peoples minds. besides, he isnt muslim.
and like i stated, the middle east is a deep issue, obama has a chance at solving the problem while mccain would have entered into a 30 year war in Iran.

Quote:
the USA is not a Christian nation. We've gotten to far away from God to make that claim. The fact remains, however, that the USA was founded as such, and was the greatest nation on the face of the Earth while we remained a Christian nation. God was taken out of everything American, and look where we're at now.

should i really smash you?
hmmm little asian kid from Australia knows more about your founding fathers.
they founded USA on the basis of seperation of church and state, this was completely different to the feudal kingdoms of Europe. (other then france). yes, some were devout christians, but..

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ ... /myth.html
http://nobeliefs.com/Tripoli.htm

you cant found a christian nation if you specifically seperate all religions from the government which represents the nation and the people.

its a complete logical facepalm. i also remember that when you were "the greatest nation on earth" there was a massive underlying current of racism, slavery and took until the 2nd half of the 20th century for lynching to stop. but dont worry, god still loves you.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2