It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Bug Report Centre!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:42 pm 
Captain
Captain

Alright this is not the normal way that I gather and organize bug reports for the game to be fixed but this is something new I'm going to try and hope it works out as I plan it to... :mrgreen:.

Ok so the way this thread is going to work is that I am asking ALL users from our seasoned vets/moderators to new players who just made an account to report any bug that they have come across in the game. Anything from a game text errors, tutorial problems, login issues, game feature issues, game design flaws(IE: When force relocating a conquer their squads/ships remain on the outpost owned by their conqueror, use your own discretion for this one.), broken/incomplete features, any help articles that should be added/updated in the game help screen, exploits of ANY kind, etc, etc. Please report anything, even the smallest little glitch/incorrect workings of the game.

As the bug reports come in myself and the moderators will update this first post to include all the confirmed bugs with recognition of the first person to report them and the posts for them may be deleted as necessary to keep the thread clean. As a thank you for participating I will be giving out up to 250 bonus tokens each to those that are first to report bugs, the more you report and the more severe the bug is the more you can get. Bonus tokens will be given out over the next week or two. If a bug is reported more than once only the first report will be kept. Please post only
ONE bug per post, you may post as many as you like as often as you like but keep only one per post. Please keep discussions extremely minimal, any unnecessary posts will be immediately deleted.

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Andrew

The list:

1) Bug: With units returning from attacks to a moving relic from a moving relic units can align so a returning squad is directly above an attacking squad. This keeps defending alliance from being able to ion the squad. You can see the large V however if you zoom out to ion. - Reported by Niracas.

2) Missing Feature/Design Flaw: You are not able to directly ion squads from the incoming squads screen within radar menu. - Reported by Niracas.

3) Bug: Global anouncements have locked icon over reply when the topic is not actually locked: Screenshot - Reported by Zudamar.

4) Bug: Worlds that are no longer being played can still be seen in the *my worlds* tab of login screen. Related thread: http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtop ... 383#p65383. - Reported by Zudamar.

5) Bug: Tutorial errors In Mars 4, which is 1hr/tick, the tutorial states 30min/tick and tutorial images do not match up with new interface. - Reported by AmberFang.

6) Design flaw: NO events for losing crystals. - Reported by maanco549.

7) Bug: Arrow keys move back two characters instead of 1. - Reported by maanco549.

8) Banned times are individual on worlds, should be universal in the real life time for a ban. Related topic: http://prod.battlegate.net/forum/viewto ... =49&t=4974 - Reported by empirebattles.com.

9) Bug: When you try to decline an alliance invite within 24hrs of leaving an alliance you get the following system error: ERR_WAS_IN_ALLIANCE_RECENTLY. - Reported by maanco549.

10) Bug: when you click on the forum button in-client it takes you to the portal instead of the forums. - Reported by maanco549.

11) Bug: Supporters unable to send tokens to anyone, inside their alliance or out. - Reported by Zhester.*FIXED*

12) Bug: A military scan will occasionally say -1% for tank/heavy units. - Reported by bork9128.

13) Bug: Statistics page not fully working. - Reported by maanco549.
*The statistics page wasn't fully implemented and was mistakenly brought in, Yaniv is working on finishing the functions for it.*

14) Bug: When refreshing the client it sometimes gets stuck with the loading bar on the screen, all UI elements are unusable until you refresh the browser window. - Reported by bork9128.

15) Bug: Avatar icon on the top left has system tags overtop the picture when you have no avatar created. Screenshot - Reported by simmen.

16) Design Flaw: Front page only shows when you have messages that are marked as new, once you've been notified of them once they will not show up there anymore regardless if they are unread. - Reported by bork9128.

17) Bug: Text description for mouse-over of rebellion button on your colony and the pop-up confirmation both need to be updated to say that you do produce resources while rebelling. - Reported by maanco549.

18) Bug: Voting pictures appear 1 tick before you can actually vote, resulting in a red system error: "ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_TICKS_PASSED". - Reported by maanco549.

19) Bug: When using facebook gifts if you claim the gift and open the world you want the gift in in multiple tabs you can claim the gift in as many tabs as you have open. - Reported by aulpay.

20) Bug: Today my client got stuck with the background picture from the log in page stuck when I actually logged in with the word "loading" in the center. - Reported by aulpay.

21) Bug: When disarming a silo/lair the nuke/dragon does not disappear unless you refresh, needs to refresh and remove it immediately. - Reported by Son.

22) Design Flaw: Black part above/below flags is unsightly, should be removed for aesthetic reasons. - Reported by Dawnstar.

First batch of tokens given out for bugs #1-22, if you have not received tokens please PM me.

Last edited by Andrew on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Added in new bugs

Post subject: Re: Bug Report Centre!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:47 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Display Bug: With units returning from attacks to a moving relic from a moving relic units can align so a returning squad is directly above an attacking squad. This keeps defending alliance from being able to ion the squad. You can see the large V however if you zoom out to ion.

Added.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Missing Feature/Design Flaw: You are not able to directly ion squads from the incoming squads screen within radar menu.

Added.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Global anouncements have locked icon over reply when the topic is not actually locked

Added.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4650

Worlds that are no longer being played can still be seen in the *my worlds* tab of login screen

Added.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 am 
Captain
Captain

I changed this to a regular announcement to make sure everyone can post, please PM me if you still have issues posting in the thread.

-Andrew

Post subject: Small tutorial issues
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 pm 
Private
Private

Text Error: In Mars 4, which is 1hr/tick, the tutorial states 30min/tick. This is probably an issue in other 1hr/tick worlds.

Display Error: Since I'm new, I don't know if the menus used to be arranged differently, but layout shown in the tutorial image often doesn't match the actual layout. For example, the tick, the time-until-next-tick displays, and the find admin button aren't arranged the same as shown in the tutorial image.

Added.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

NO events for losing crystals
thanks maanco

Leader of the #1 alliance TCW

http://prod.battlegate.net/forum/viewto ... 111&t=4690
THANKS MICHEAL (BD creator)

Last edited by maanco549 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

when you manually refresh tick it will sometimes freeze and i have to reload the page

Added.

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 pm 
Private
Private

Display Bug - Lost gate not showing jammed after I lost it. Yesterday a gate taken by an alliance member did show jammed. This is either an inconsistent bug, the code was changed between the two instances or jammed visual is only seen by winning alliance after battle.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next