It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

stop vacation abuse
yes 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
no 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: petiition against vacation abuse
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It is pretty obvious when people run/abuse the system.

M2 for example, Tootje leaves his alliance, conquers his members, makes a broadcast saying he would rather delete himself than let us get the crystals, talks on MSN about how he is going to go into vacation, and then ingame he goes into vacation.

Hm, did he have a sudden "funeral", or was he just running?

These players should be banned. We did not get the reward we deserved for defeating them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:46 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

last thing i heard were him going on a ski vacation fomr some days

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yes, that was 2 days later that he said he is going to go on a ski vacation... and he still hasn't gone yet.

If he had hit vacation mode, say yesterday, we would have conquered him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:26 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

I want to stay there is another suggestion or at least another thread about vacation mode being used to hide/run.

I agree that it is more likely that someone is hiding if they go into vacation mode while being at war. But again you can't really tell. However, unless they change this, you should be able to continue the attack if the player goes into vacation while in mid flight.

I also agree that you can become stronger while the player is in vacation mode, but who wants to wait around for when they come out of it.

The solution would be to place the whole account under vacation mode and not the individual servers. Problem with this is if someone creates an account for each server.

So as you see there is always a way to abuse something. Would we like the abuse to stop, and not just vacation mode, any abuse... sure we all would like it to stop. Thing is.. it can't be. It can only be deterred.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

hmm... yeah... global account vacation should definitely be a preset.
i thought that all incoming attacks continued if a colony enters vacation mode?
one other idea was the more crystals/relics a player has, the less income they will receive during vacation (if any at all). Also, the players score should be removed from the boards, including alliance rankings, so that if the round ends as they are playing, they cant be counted in the score (or for the alliance resource bonuses from their crystals).

i tried to think of other deterrents that would be fair...but none were fair.
one was that if a 'war mode' was initiated (so many attacks on your alliance/player in a certain ammt of time), that vacation mode would take slightly longer to initiate. But that wouldn't be fair to those who are constantly under attack, and a player needs to go into vacation for legitimate reasons (of course... the alliance could defend them, since they aren't going to be all goin into vacation)

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

As someone who occasionally needs to go out of town for various reasons I know first hand the need we have for some form of vacation protection and I know that this has got to have saved me when I have been away. Now although it can be abused and is terribly anoying I know that first hand as well, I say the anoyence of abusers is outweighted by the need for this by anyone who genuenly is away.

I think the rank removal is a good coarse of action why? Because if someone comes back pwn them then if they dont they still loose rank. Now you would be at a loss aswell with the exception of the assuarance that you can be safe when otu fo town

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:39 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Zudamar wrote:
As someone who occasionally needs to go out of town for various reasons I know first hand the need we have for some form of vacation protection and I know that this has got to have saved me when I have been away. Now although it can be abused and is terribly anoying I know that first hand as well, I say the anoyence of abusers is outweighted by the need for this by anyone who genuenly is away.

I think the rank removal is a good coarse of action why? Because if someone comes back pwn them then if they dont they still loose rank. Now you would be at a loss aswell with the exception of the assuarance that you can be safe when otu fo town

The thing that may complete this idea is a waiting time to recover the rank. Maybe a 48 ticks waiting time is set to recover it. Why? simple, if there doesn't exist something like this it'll be as easy as always for vacation abusers to come back and recover their rank a few, lets say less than 5, ticks before the end of the round and end up in the same position they had with no real problem. Eventually with the waiting time still there will be little problem but maybe more than usual due to the fact shields last 12 ticks max and attacks may come faster than expected.

-Shion

E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:01 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Actually there is no way in which u can tell why someone needs the vacation option unless u take in proper forms that u send to the admins and then they decide if to give u the vacation or not.But I doubt that a young battledawn player say 7 to 8 years old or something like that will be able to go through all the proper channels just to get 8 days of vacation.So there will always be abusers of this option and there is nothing u can do about it.Topic closed.Answer NO.Result no change and sore fingers of debaters.This topic actually should have been in the debate and discussions forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

YES!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

muhammadbehroz wrote:
This topic actually should have been in the debate and discussions forum.

if the one who made the topic ask for it, it can be done, but need he's premission ;)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next