It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Thank you Michael
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most of us know that is was Michael who created Tacticsoft who created Battledawn. So I just wanted to dedicate a post to the man who made it all possible for us to play and get addicted to this great game. Battledawn is by far the best game on the web that I’ve played, and as many others I have used uncountable hours watching the squads moving. People have had arguments about the new client, but I think most of us can agree that we still love it and some even more! As others I have been donating helping Battledawn, kept it running, helped paying for updates and so on. I thought everything went great for Battledawn, till I entered the topic “Battle Dawn Selling Out?” and saw this:
Michael wrote:
Well. the other members here replied better than i could.
but let me give my point of view:

1. I'm still the same person who built BD 3 years ago. only now with a team of 8 staff that have to be paid.

2. 2009 was a loss. tens of thousands of dollars from my pocket to keep the battle dawn project still running so people can enjoy it for free.

3. The shift of focus to features that would bring more players and more supporters to BD was made out of a necessity of BD to survive another year.

4. BD is all about change. we keep testing and checking new features/balances/options when we see something that works, we keep it. when we see something that's bad we scrap it. so get used to it that our product changes. even if you come back in one year, you'll see a completely different battle dawn.

so you can stick with us, and hopefully start supporting us as well so we can increase our staff and make more games and more udpates faster.
or you can go play evony.

and if you made that thing up on andrew, as i can't belive he said that, you just put one big hole in your credability

If you like BD so much then support it. (supporters do not see ads)

I hope 2010 will be a better year financially, as i was this close to shutting BD down...

Cheers!
Michael
BD Founder

I feel bad knowing you had losses on our expenses Michael, so I would just like to say thank you, and have this topic so others can say thank you also.

With love Simmen

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Post subject: Re: Thank you Michael
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:11 pm 
Private
Private

thank you simmen for the brief history first off....and now to thank the big man him self MICHEAL. This game is very addicting, like simmen said i would sit here and watch squads flying, waiting for ticks to finish not remembering i had to eat or go somewhere. so addicting that i went to work late and got terminated. :shock: well it was a couple times.... never the less i couldnt stop playing this game and is in shock right now to know you lost alot of money this year and was about to shut down BD. i really wouldnt know what to do with all that free time anymore. Once again MICHEAL keep up the good work and cant wait for the new upgrades.

P.S. i will pass on MICHEALs history as if he was a legend 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:51 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Dang, Thanks Micheal for not shutting down the game and who'mever makes up crap about admins are sad..... well i dont do much in the forums so ''HI SIMMEN'' its me The Unknown of Hidden :D

Last edited by The Assassin on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 pm 
Major
Major

Wow, I had a glum look just reading that.

Thanks Michael. You didn't just bring us a game here. BD is more then just a game. Its frienship, loyalty, war and lots more. Not to mention another way of life.

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:28 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

no more bd?, my heart just burst.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

it hurts me to see such a good game suffer in such a way....if only there were a way to cut costs. We all know how hard it is to get money, and many of us have had to cut back on spending on BD.... some of us, have not :)

if there is anything you need from me, or any of us, just let us know:)

THANK YOU!

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:45 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

some people wont like this but consider cutting down on servers 1 single tick and one dbl tick server for earth Mars and Fantasy should save on the cost and increase competition for everyone... maybe slow down on the updates IDK if that's costing but we got quite a few pointless ones in there pretty much eye candy is all... just thoughts... I don't want to loose this game...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i will work for BD 4 free :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:19 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I appreciate Micheal keeping BD going! We love BD are we would not be addicted to it! I can not imagine not having BD and how I could find something to replace it. I am not sure about server cost or how all that works, but maybe if we cut down to 1 single tick and 1 double tick server per world maybe it would help the cost toMicheal .
I donate because I love this game and I know it takes $ to run this game as well. I hope BD will be around for a long time and everyone supports it as much as they can.
Everyone needs to recruit more players on BD to help generate revenues to keep BD going.
Thank you Micheal!

~Lady Cathryn~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

WOO! GO MICHAEL!

Nice thread Simmen. :) It's a great game, and it's taking up my life but... I don't even care. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next