It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! December 14th!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

UndeadAngel wrote:
Thanks for addressing my querry /sarcasm.

What is this slaughter rule I've heard about? This is a terrible feature and should be removed immediatelly.

A:It is a strategic way to show what an enemy army contains. That's what BattleDawn is, Strategy.

B: It isn't always one inf spam units to show an army, but if I attack a colony, and he only has 4 inf on him, and I "slaughter" him, why doesn't he retain the right to see what army his attacker has?

The ability to attack a target with 1 unit costing a few hundred metal(If in really high overhead for example) and being able to get a 100% accurate battle report listing ALL the weaponry, upgrades, chassis, etc. for the army there. It's a very unfair way to get a 100% accurate scan, this is why slaughters were brought in. Also the slaughters should only happen if you lose when attacking and are insanely outnumbered, when defending you should get a full battle report.

Redwurm wrote:
Hmm...I like the little facebook Icon next to my colony. But it only shows up on 1 of the servers I'm playing...and its the one that I'm playing incognito. :)

We're still working out some kinks with the facebook app stuff.

chad_j93 wrote:
id like to ask a few things

big storage ive payed for the full round one on a couple worlds ... now u lower its ability and price whats going to happy to mine ? i pay extra and get less ?

also what was the need in the increased upkeep it has completly killed my m2 round

also vacations no longer giving power is kinda crappy please explain why and why it was not in the update list

To be honest I'm not sure on the big storage chad, I believe it starts at 720 ticks when the update went live, in your boosts menu does it show active and give a time remaining?

We're looking at the upkeep balance still and possibly putting a cap on it and tweaking the way it applies to the different upgrades on units. We may put a cap in next update but it's still being discussed.

Vacationed colonies were removed from the scoring system completely which means they do not show up on the scoreboard, have no rank and provide no power for those that have them conquered. The loss of power for those that have them conquered was a side effect of them being removed off the scoreboard. We're looking at removing the auto-vacation part of the inactivity function and just going back to having them delete.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:01 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Got a little question here, why was the resources form canceling protection turned of into a 200 tick bonus in production?

I really don't see any good point in doing that, you are still giving more resources for canceling protection so in theory it would be the same but all it really does is making you wait more to actually get started in the round -.-
Besides it kind of give an advantage to supporters as they can get instant resources to conquer the ones who just got out of protection to get their production bonus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

its is too stop spammers from getting a lump of resources first tick to spam

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 pm 
Captain
Captain

@ andrew , so far my big boost has sat on DURATION : 720 ticks and has n ot moved down ... which i consider only fair :P seeing how i payed for the full round one :D

a cap on over head would be the best thing right now ... it shouldnt wait it should be done in an emergency patch :P think about it .... im sitting on over 1500 metal for 1 range mech now in m2 ... with server population teetering 1000 its kinda hard to have enough conquers to continue feeding my unit production

bd was suppose to work to help newbs this is killing em faster ... less resource means more pressure on conquering which leave noobs out in the rain again

a cap would be appreciated :D

also yeah stop auto vacation it sucks ! ( also put in emergency patch :P )

ALSO i cant believe u guys went ahead with no br's .... spaminf for info's has been apart of bd for ever and to remove it takes out a important strategy ... ACTIVITY ! when i war everyone needs to be extra active ... dodging info spammers requires you to be as active as you can ... your basicly putting alliance leaders in a crappy spot coz member may not be as motivated now since theyre enemies can no longer know what they fight

sorry for epic lon g post but yeah i had something else to say but i forgot with all the above in my head >.>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:11 pm 
Captain
Captain

Slaughters were in the game long before the new client came out. They were added well over a year ago, possibly 2 years ago. We've just had some bugs with them in the new client we're still working on.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:05 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

javierbs wrote:
Got a little question here, why was the resources form canceling protection turned of into a 200 tick bonus in production?

I really don't see any good point in doing that, you are still giving more resources for canceling protection so in theory it would be the same but all it really does is making you wait more to actually get started in the round -.-
Besides it kind of give an advantage to supporters as they can get instant resources to conquer the ones who just got out of protection to get their production bonus.

I agree with javierbs... the new client is turning into a support thing now i guess? now everyone who wants to start out good have to donate now..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:50 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

this thing finaly let me reply, so just gone say is check out http://battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 19&start=0
good idea, lowering the building cost of buildings is the only thing making sense when wanting to give less units from start, but still be able to make a reasonable amount.
thinkg about it atleast ^,^

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:02 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

And id like to add this complaint.... MY BLOODY GOLD MINE WENT DOWN A LEVEL!! AND I STILL HAVENT BEEN COMPENSATED!! this is on the new fantasy 4.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Another question @ Andrew about the metal things:

Sure, you've kept the amount of metal you spend on the metal structures the same, but you don't have as much metal in the beggining as in the end. Level 3 metal at tick, lets say... 2, costs alot for the time. Unless your a supporter and it's no problem. Which is another way this game is leading away from the non-supporter. Don't get me wrong: I know BD needs money, but this is not the way to go about getting it. Why punish those who don't donate for not donating? That is essentially what this is. I understand how it prevents spamming, but it also prevents getting a good start.

"Nukes are like hard liquer-They make people feel tougher than they really are"-CSTORM666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:35 pm 
Captain
Captain

UndeadAngel wrote:
Another question @ Andrew about the metal things:

Sure, you've kept the amount of metal you spend on the metal structures the same, but you don't have as much metal in the beggining as in the end. Level 3 metal at tick, lets say... 2, costs alot for the time. Unless your a supporter and it's no problem. Which is another way this game is leading away from the non-supporter. Don't get me wrong: I know BD needs money, but this is not the way to go about getting it. Why punish those who don't donate for not donating? That is essentially what this is. I understand how it prevents spamming, but it also prevents getting a good start.

This update had nothing to do with supporters vs non-supporters or pushing people to support in any way. The soul purpose was to stop the massive amounts of players making spam colonies to spam others. Getting metal 2-3 is a standard start for most colonies which is why we linked it to that structure instead of an obscure one. I'll be keeping an eye on this over the next weeks and we may tweak it further as necessary.

-Andrew

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next