It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! December 14th!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 am 
Captain
Captain

Arteza wrote:
Seriously? Can't gate into conqueredcolonies? Thats **** stupid, thats gonna kill overly achieved players with a run of bad luck, they can't protect each others crystals if they have em if they can't gate to each other in time, the defender is supposed to have that advantage of being able to gate support if the attacker is stupid enough not to jam their colony. I believe that makes it a bit unfair for the common player.

Then a time limit on storage? Ridiculous, they paid for it, let em have it.

And 100 for a gold colony? It doesn't give you anything worth a damn, so starting now on it'll be a very rare occurrence to see those, who wants to spend that much on something so trivial and pointless..

Other than that, I like most of what you did with the updates.

In the old client we had it that you couldn't gate to conquered colonies and moved to them at a regular attacking speed, not the fast speed of moving to a target from your alliance. This was in place to prevent the kind of exploitation of using conquered colonies to gate in units to attack colonies from. This is a very unfair scenario to the defenders as they cannot capture and control the colony like an outpost and the attackers can easily move off and back when the colony is attacked. We left it out in the new client originally by mistake thinking that we'll see how it plays out but we had the same scenario we feared happening again in a few cases which prompted us to once again implement this game mechanic.

We lowered the cost of the storage package to 50 tokens to compensate for the time limit on it. The big storage was too cheap and lasted too long so we feel this is more balanced and in most cases you won't need the big storage until the last 1-2 months so you can save tokens to buy other boosts in the start to mid time of a world.

The golden colony is simply a way to support BD and get a flashy colony without gaining an advantage. For those that wish to make a pure donation and have a golden colony as a "Badge" this is the boost for them. You don't have to purchase any of these boosts, they are optional and in the future we plan to add in more customizable looks, profile features and conveniences that don't give a direct in-game advantage.

I'm thinking of possibly removing the auto-vacation feature, I don't think it's working the way we had hoped and is causing more frustration than the benefit it should be giving. Instead we'll keep in that you get a notification when you normally would be put on auto-vacation that your account will delete soon and that's it, the colony will stay active until it hits the inactive time to delete of 8 days(16 if a supporter).

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Andrew, and about the vacationed colonies no longer providing power?!?

Cmon please address the situation and tell us why it is the way it is.

Many people have complained about it so it is about time you explained!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm 
Private
Private

This is only my first time playing and I'm not that into knowing a lot like the guys on page 1 but I quite happy I'm in the top 150 and its only my 1 time like a said :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:43 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I like the update Andrew, but I now have trouble logging in :/

it now often takes me 5 minutes to log in to each world, and i have to log in multiple times to do so...

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸¸¸,¤ºBD TESTERº¤,¸¸¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Dawnstar wrote:
I like the update Andrew, but I now have trouble logging in :/

it now often takes me 5 minutes to log in to each world, and i have to log in multiple times to do so...

clear ur cache and cookies and try it again

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Thanks for addressing my querry /sarcasm.

What is this slaughter rule I've heard about? This is a terrible feature and should be removed immediatelly.

A:It is a strategic way to show what an enemy army contains. That's what BattleDawn is, Strategy.

B: It isn't always one inf spam units to show an army, but if I attack a colony, and he only has 4 inf on him, and I "slaughter" him, why doesn't he retain the right to see what army his attacker has?

"Nukes are like hard liquer-They make people feel tougher than they really are"-CSTORM666

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

Hmm...I like the little facebook Icon next to my colony. But it only shows up on 1 of the servers I'm playing...and its the one that I'm playing incognito. :)

bfan8475 wrote:
If i cant put up better comebacks to your insults then its called bullying since i cant put up a fight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:01 am 
Captain
Captain

id like to ask a few things

big storage ive payed for the full round one on a couple worlds ... now u lower its ability and price whats going to happy to mine ? i pay extra and get less ?

also what was the need in the increased upkeep it has completly killed my m2 round

also vacations no longer giving power is kinda crappy please explain why and why it was not in the update list

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:01 am 
Private
Private

I reckon we do a bring back the old login system!

The new system is bad, takes to long for those who play on multiple worlds (I play on 8) and to have to login like twice on each world is just plain annoying and takes so long, and uses up precious data!

My Appeal is to the Admins to bring back the old login, or allow the two different ones to co-exist! I am going on strike until either the new system is updated, or the old one is brought back!

Please don't take this as a threat I love the game, and want the best for it, as I know you guys do!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 pm 
Private
Private

This is the 2nd day in a row I am getting 5 less workers than indicated on the management screen :|

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next