It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Fort Hood!?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:36 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well guys it was all over our news today down in Texas. Fort Hood shooting 12 dead 31 wounded. Forgive me but before we move on i would like to give some backstory and history. Fort Hood is the US's biggest base and back when i was in JCC (Junior Cadet Corps) our battalion allowed about 30 of over 200 cadets go to Fort Hood for a sort of pseudo boot camp and i was allowed to go so naturally i seized the oppurtunity and packed my bags. That had to be one of the funnest trips i had ever been on i mean who doesn't love getting up at 4:30 sharp in the morning for a 5 mile run then have to wait another hour just to get their freakin breakfast.Any way i had a great time at this huge place and had some good memories. Now back to the topic. This Major who was under investigation already for months finally breaks and starts shooting people. I was instantly mortified to hear that this place where i had a blast was the sight of a massacre, where soldiers who are about to head off to Iraq stay for a while, by a guy armed only with a pistol. Eventually they shot and "Killed" him. Well a couple of hours ago i turn on the news and 'you guessed what' is on. They start repeating things i heard earlier when all of a sudden i hear that this killer is not dead but is alive and in stable condition. All this is udder shock for me and unfortunantly my memories are scarred now but i would like to move on and ask that everyone pray for the families of these soldiers who were killed and wounded today.
Thank you.

Thanks for teh siggy Rotag

Post subject: Re: Fort Hood!?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

My mom's friend's husband was about to be sent there right before this happened. They didnt let him go there after that.

---KoTU---

---BD Mentor---

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:18 pm 
Private
Private

Such a tragedy... I wish all those that died, and their families peace after this dreadful act. The man that did this deserves to be hung by his fingers until they break, then his toes, then his nose, and his male body part, then shoot everyone of his fingers off until he passes out from the pain. When he wakes up, do it again. Scum like that deserves the worst of punishments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:42 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I dont know to much about the story, but its sad. I dont get why someone would do that.

---KoTU---

---BD Mentor---

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:06 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Apollo settle down this guy was mentally unstable... war does things like this too you, it probably wasn't his fault he just snapped.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

Praetor Fenix wrote:
Apollo settle down this guy was mentally unstable... war does things like this too you, it probably wasn't his fault he just snapped.

This guy never went to battle. He was a "psychiatrist" for the army. So he heard all of the stories of war, and pretty much had to envision or see what they saw but never did he actually "see" it.
He was also really scared about being deployed.

Its sickening to think someone could do something like this. I don't see how you wouldn't break down knowing your taking fellow americans not to mention people of this wolds lives. I understand he was upset. He supposedly was picked on by other soldiers for being muslim, and was trying to get out before his contract ended.
(This is all from different sources)
But I still just don't see the need to kill fellow americans... When his one reason for joining the army was that he "wanted to serve his country."

Old Client
ExSo{e7}-#1
OTHG{e6}-#1
TdCt{E4}-#1
New Client
NASA{E3}-#1
KoTu{F1}-#1
CRAP{E1}-#2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm 
Private
Private

I'm a Canadian, down in the states for training for a couple weeks. I watched all of this on the news here in NY, and it just makes me feel ill.

This guy didn't want to go kill muslims but apparently has no trouble killing non-muslims. Just incredible. He's certainly supporting the misconception that muslims consider everyone else infidels and less than human.

Please know that your Canadian friends are thinking of you and supporting you in this difficult time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:03 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I never said he went to war i just said war does things to u. Sure he could have handled it differently but there was just so much against him. Im sorry that it had to come to this but saying that all muslims think we are infidels is a bit racist so please watch what you say and be respectful of others

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The man admitted to being a terrorist extremist. So "war" has nothing to do with it.

"Nukes are like hard liquer-They make people feel tougher than they really are"-CSTORM666

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 pm 
Private
Private

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.. I said he was adding to the misconception that muslims believe that others are infidels. It's certainly a misconception and I didn't intend to suggest otherwise.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next