It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:48 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 2
I'm glad I saw this topic because I quit and stopped playing (had the intention to quit forever) but returned. Im different from a lot of the people posting in this forum so I think my perspective my add some insight. I play high school sports, go to school, work and sleep. When you compare my availability to the top players you'll understand why I never really won an era. I don't buy red tokens because there are better things to spend your money on in my opinion. The only real way I was somewhat competitive was the blue tokens. When we could vote for blue tokens, I would get a good amount of tokens every week. The voting is what kept me somewhat competitive, although it wasn't enough to make me a top player with my activity, I was still able to be in top 3 alliances and have a decent sized army. When voting was taken away I lost my ability to even be slightly competitive. I couldn't boost reds, I couldn't boost blues, and I could be nearly as active as the top alliances needed you to be. I know I was never going to win or get in a pro team with my activity, but at least the teams I was in I thought we had a small chance. As someone who just couldn't put 12-18 hours a day into this game, playing now was pointless. So I stopped playing. I believe the reason I quit was similar to the many who quit, they cant boost and they cant spend all their time on this game so there's no point in playing where you can never be even slightly competitive.

Right now we have the problem of an extremely low population and therefore the competition is extremely low. Do I think BD can become the game it once used to be? Of course, its a great game. But do I think it will happen? No. It seems to me that the devs just don't care anymore because BD now generates so little that its pointless (even though their attempt to get more money by removing voting backfired in their face imo). What needs to happen to get BD more competitive? Well there are a number of things:

1. Get rid of third place. F2 right now is the perfect example of this. An alliance is literally named "FREE THIRD MWAHAHAHA". Like is this fxcking really happening? I had an alliance on that world that seemed like it might have more score than them by the end, guess what? The top alliance comes and kills us. Now Im not complaining about the tokens or even that they killed us, but why should a team that did not work except sit there and build receive tokens at the end? Hopefully eliminating the third place tokens will encourage more people to fight.

2. Delete some worlds. Right now there is enough worlds where every top player can be in a winning alliance. There are so many worlds that many top players can be in multiple top alliances? Should this really be possible? Why go into a competitive world when you can go to a non competitive world and win 2500 free tokens? The reality is by decreasing the number of worlds will force top players to compete against each other if they want to continue winning. In combination with only first and second getting tokens and less worlds, there are bound to be more competitive worlds.

3. Bring back voting. This will help the less active and less experienced players feel like they have a chance. It will help them become more competitive. And its not like the blues will cause people to become so much stronger because everyone will be able to vote so it will even out the playing field.

4. Decrease the amount of blue tokens earned to 1st- 1250 blues (500 with relics) 2nd- 500 blues. This isn't a problem now, but if the other three solutions are implemented then it will be. I recently came back, so I don't know how long this game has been dead. But I'd imagine that some of these players have over 20k blues. They've been able to win in multiple worlds without using barely any blues that they have so many blues at the moment. I don't think any top player really needs 2,500 blue tokens an era and if this game becomes more competitive with the 3 previous solutions, then mass boosting with blues may become a problem. Plus the idea of removing voting was to get people to buy more reds. The people who are extremely involved with this game and are top players are more likely to buy reds than those who just think of this game as a minor hobby. But the people who are likely to buy reds don't need to because they get so many blues from wins already.

5. If all else fails re-implement battle score, but slightly tweaked. Battle score encouraged wars and fighting, which is what BD is lacking right now. Obviously it was removed for the purpose of people abusing it. So change it so killing a range, damage, and armor unit are all worth different amount, this is to avoid people just building armor for their friends. Second the battle score is added to the alliance, not the player. So in the leader boards for each world, player ranks will stay the same, with crystals, power and relics. But alliances will also get bonuses from battle score. This is also to prevent abuse. But again, implementing battle score is a last resort after the previous four solutions.

That's just my two cents. Im not sure why I typed this thing up, considering it going to get buried down and not that anything I said will have any impact on the game. I hope this game changes, I hope to one day be able to be extremely active and be in a competitive alliance that has to fight there way to the top. I hope for change. But I just don't see it in the foreseeable future


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:03 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:04 pm
Posts: 295
eibbor345 wrote:
I'm glad I saw this topic because I quit and stopped playing (had the intention to quit forever) but returned. Im different from a lot of the people posting in this forum so I think my perspective my add some insight. I play high school sports, go to school, work and sleep. When you compare my availability to the top players you'll understand why I never really won an era. I don't buy red tokens because there are better things to spend your money on in my opinion. The only real way I was somewhat competitive was the blue tokens. When we could vote for blue tokens, I would get a good amount of tokens every week. The voting is what kept me somewhat competitive, although it wasn't enough to make me a top player with my activity, I was still able to be in top 3 alliances and have a decent sized army. When voting was taken away I lost my ability to even be slightly competitive. I couldn't boost reds, I couldn't boost blues, and I could be nearly as active as the top alliances needed you to be. I know I was never going to win or get in a pro team with my activity, but at least the teams I was in I thought we had a small chance. As someone who just couldn't put 12-18 hours a day into this game, playing now was pointless. So I stopped playing. I believe the reason I quit was similar to the many who quit, they cant boost and they cant spend all their time on this game so there's no point in playing where you can never be even slightly competitive.

Right now we have the problem of an extremely low population and therefore the competition is extremely low. Do I think BD can become the game it once used to be? Of course, its a great game. But do I think it will happen? No. It seems to me that the devs just don't care anymore because BD now generates so little that its pointless (even though their attempt to get more money by removing voting backfired in their face imo). What needs to happen to get BD more competitive? Well there are a number of things:

1. Get rid of third place. F2 right now is the perfect example of this. An alliance is literally named "FREE THIRD MWAHAHAHA". Like is this fxcking really happening? I had an alliance on that world that seemed like it might have more score than them by the end, guess what? The top alliance comes and kills us. Now Im not complaining about the tokens or even that they killed us, but why should a team that did not work except sit there and build receive tokens at the end? Hopefully eliminating the third place tokens will encourage more people to fight.

2. Delete some worlds. Right now there is enough worlds where every top player can be in a winning alliance. There are so many worlds that many top players can be in multiple top alliances? Should this really be possible? Why go into a competitive world when you can go to a non competitive world and win 2500 free tokens? The reality is by decreasing the number of worlds will force top players to compete against each other if they want to continue winning. In combination with only first and second getting tokens and less worlds, there are bound to be more competitive worlds.

3. Bring back voting. This will help the less active and less experienced players feel like they have a chance. It will help them become more competitive. And its not like the blues will cause people to become so much stronger because everyone will be able to vote so it will even out the playing field.

4. Decrease the amount of blue tokens earned to 1st- 1250 blues (500 with relics) 2nd- 500 blues. This isn't a problem now, but if the other three solutions are implemented then it will be. I recently came back, so I don't know how long this game has been dead. But I'd imagine that some of these players have over 20k blues. They've been able to win in multiple worlds without using barely any blues that they have so many blues at the moment. I don't think any top player really needs 2,500 blue tokens an era and if this game becomes more competitive with the 3 previous solutions, then mass boosting with blues may become a problem. Plus the idea of removing voting was to get people to buy more reds. The people who are extremely involved with this game and are top players are more likely to buy reds than those who just think of this game as a minor hobby. But the people who are likely to buy reds don't need to because they get so many blues from wins already.

5. If all else fails re-implement battle score, but slightly tweaked. Battle score encouraged wars and fighting, which is what BD is lacking right now. Obviously it was removed for the purpose of people abusing it. So change it so killing a range, damage, and armor unit are all worth different amount, this is to avoid people just building armor for their friends. Second the battle score is added to the alliance, not the player. So in the leader boards for each world, player ranks will stay the same, with crystals, power and relics. But alliances will also get bonuses from battle score. This is also to prevent abuse. But again, implementing battle score is a last resort after the previous four solutions.

That's just my two cents. Im not sure why I typed this thing up, considering it going to get buried down and not that anything I said will have any impact on the game. I hope this game changes, I hope to one day be able to be extremely active and be in a competitive alliance that has to fight there way to the top. I hope for change. But I just don't see it in the foreseeable future


After reading this, I came into my own Opinion lol

-BD should only distribute Blue to the winning team(like the #1 alliance only) I used to be a leader of top alliances and I promise rank 2-3 spots to my subs as compensation for helping me win the era. That way no one will settle for rank 2 or 3, they'll aim higher.
-I agree about deleting some world, like there are 2 mars server that runs in 2t/hr.
-I didn't know that they removed voting since I have loads of blues and having trouble on how and when to use em since no top alliances wants me now lol (No one recognizes me :oops: )
-Only few newbies will play here cause since it's difficult to play(I don't even know how nukes works now! And I took some time researching about the unit ratio lol)
-newbies gets less chance to win, as stated by other players, no one would even talk to them since they achieved nothing yet. (so if you're a newbie, you need to drag 9 more people with you to build new team)
-I quit BD cause BD staffs didn't even count every win I get, WWs won like 3-4 eras and you can't find it anywhere, DETH won lots of era too, so is SoTF, you can see none of them, yet BD staffs promised to post it before (It's like playing seriously, at the end, you're not a real winner at all)


*Pro question, you don't need subs to win now lol but why are there many subs?*

_________________
ARM-DETH-AL-WWs-SoTF-LIS
IGN:Chloie, Bonus, McDobol, Sonic, BumbleV, Ino of Inquisition
Highest power: 314
Highest Crystals: 93
Highest Rank: 1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 am 
Specialist
Specialist
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 31
gino948 wrote:
eibbor345 wrote:
I'm glad I saw this topic because I quit and stopped playing (had the intention to quit forever) but returned. Im different from a lot of the people posting in this forum so I think my perspective my add some insight. I play high school sports, go to school, work and sleep. When you compare my availability to the top players you'll understand why I never really won an era. I don't buy red tokens because there are better things to spend your money on in my opinion. The only real way I was somewhat competitive was the blue tokens. When we could vote for blue tokens, I would get a good amount of tokens every week. The voting is what kept me somewhat competitive, although it wasn't enough to make me a top player with my activity, I was still able to be in top 3 alliances and have a decent sized army. When voting was taken away I lost my ability to even be slightly competitive. I couldn't boost reds, I couldn't boost blues, and I could be nearly as active as the top alliances needed you to be. I know I was never going to win or get in a pro team with my activity, but at least the teams I was in I thought we had a small chance. As someone who just couldn't put 12-18 hours a day into this game, playing now was pointless. So I stopped playing. I believe the reason I quit was similar to the many who quit, they cant boost and they cant spend all their time on this game so there's no point in playing where you can never be even slightly competitive.

Right now we have the problem of an extremely low population and therefore the competition is extremely low. Do I think BD can become the game it once used to be? Of course, its a great game. But do I think it will happen? No. It seems to me that the devs just don't care anymore because BD now generates so little that its pointless (even though their attempt to get more money by removing voting backfired in their face imo). What needs to happen to get BD more competitive? Well there are a number of things:

1. Get rid of third place. F2 right now is the perfect example of this. An alliance is literally named "FREE THIRD MWAHAHAHA". Like is this fxcking really happening? I had an alliance on that world that seemed like it might have more score than them by the end, guess what? The top alliance comes and kills us. Now Im not complaining about the tokens or even that they killed us, but why should a team that did not work except sit there and build receive tokens at the end? Hopefully eliminating the third place tokens will encourage more people to fight.

2. Delete some worlds. Right now there is enough worlds where every top player can be in a winning alliance. There are so many worlds that many top players can be in multiple top alliances? Should this really be possible? Why go into a competitive world when you can go to a non competitive world and win 2500 free tokens? The reality is by decreasing the number of worlds will force top players to compete against each other if they want to continue winning. In combination with only first and second getting tokens and less worlds, there are bound to be more competitive worlds.

3. Bring back voting. This will help the less active and less experienced players feel like they have a chance. It will help them become more competitive. And its not like the blues will cause people to become so much stronger because everyone will be able to vote so it will even out the playing field.

4. Decrease the amount of blue tokens earned to 1st- 1250 blues (500 with relics) 2nd- 500 blues. This isn't a problem now, but if the other three solutions are implemented then it will be. I recently came back, so I don't know how long this game has been dead. But I'd imagine that some of these players have over 20k blues. They've been able to win in multiple worlds without using barely any blues that they have so many blues at the moment. I don't think any top player really needs 2,500 blue tokens an era and if this game becomes more competitive with the 3 previous solutions, then mass boosting with blues may become a problem. Plus the idea of removing voting was to get people to buy more reds. The people who are extremely involved with this game and are top players are more likely to buy reds than those who just think of this game as a minor hobby. But the people who are likely to buy reds don't need to because they get so many blues from wins already.

5. If all else fails re-implement battle score, but slightly tweaked. Battle score encouraged wars and fighting, which is what BD is lacking right now. Obviously it was removed for the purpose of people abusing it. So change it so killing a range, damage, and armor unit are all worth different amount, this is to avoid people just building armor for their friends. Second the battle score is added to the alliance, not the player. So in the leader boards for each world, player ranks will stay the same, with crystals, power and relics. But alliances will also get bonuses from battle score. This is also to prevent abuse. But again, implementing battle score is a last resort after the previous four solutions.

That's just my two cents. Im not sure why I typed this thing up, considering it going to get buried down and not that anything I said will have any impact on the game. I hope this game changes, I hope to one day be able to be extremely active and be in a competitive alliance that has to fight there way to the top. I hope for change. But I just don't see it in the foreseeable future


After reading this, I came into my own Opinion lol

-BD should only distribute Blue to the winning team(like the #1 alliance only) I used to be a leader of top alliances and I promise rank 2-3 spots to my subs as compensation for helping me win the era. That way no one will settle for rank 2 or 3, they'll aim higher.
-I agree about deleting some world, like there are 2 mars server that runs in 2t/hr.
-I didn't know that they removed voting since I have loads of blues and having trouble on how and when to use em since no top alliances wants me now lol (No one recognizes me :oops: )
-Only few newbies will play here cause since it's difficult to play(I don't even know how nukes works now! And I took some time researching about the unit ratio lol)
-newbies gets less chance to win, as stated by other players, no one would even talk to them since they achieved nothing yet. (so if you're a newbie, you need to drag 9 more people with you to build new team)
-I quit BD cause BD staffs didn't even count every win I get, WWs won like 3-4 eras and you can't find it anywhere, DETH won lots of era too, so is SoTF, you can see none of them, yet BD staffs promised to post it before (It's like playing seriously, at the end, you're not a real winner at all)


*Pro question, you don't need subs to win now lol but why are there many subs?*


SORRY CAPS LOCK STUCK.

GIVING ONLY TOP 1 ALLIANCE ILL MAKE BD A SEA OF EMPTINESS. #1 ALLIANCE WINS. GETS MORE BOOST. BOOSTS MORE. WINS MORE. BOOSTS MORE. BUYS RED WINS SPENDS BUY WINS SPENDS. BAD IDEA. SUBS ARE A PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO BE FAVORITE AND FINALLY JOIN THE MAIN. PATHETIC.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:02 am 
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 pm
Posts: 1622
I'm quite happy to see this thread =) It's been a while since I've seen an active BD topic :D

As for the argument about subs. As Milan put it. It's a valid strategy and no doubt one of the most appealing. The reason is because, the only way to play at a competitive level without subs is to be extremely active (18+ hours MINIMUM). On top of this, you need to find multiple like minded players to join you in order for this to work (and there's not many left, hence why most end up together... no one likes carrying others).

So, how do you win without being a super human who can stay awake 24/7 at their computer? You get subs. You create a barrier of colonies and allies that will help keep an eye on things. Most people now have a mini computer in their pockets 24/7 (aka your phone). All you really need to keep your social life up is notification. Everyone can go on their merry way, so long as 1 person is on to keep a watchful eye for something and get ahold of everyone. Hard to do with a limited number of people, so why not have 3 alliances worth of people? You'll almost guaranteed to have at least 1 person online at all times 24/7.

So, why so many people choose to use subs? Because, it's a lot more appealing than playing 24/7 yourself. Many say its a cowardly tactic. Sometimes. If a main alliance chooses to have their sub alliance suicide into an enemy to weaken them, then yes, it can be seen as weak, but it doesn't change the victor at the end. You can try to fight and win with "honor" all you want. But the truth is, if you want to win that way, you have to work harder. Most people don't like that...

As for the diminishing population on BD. This game is old people. It's using old programming as well. BD has been getting plenty of attention though, however just not in the manner most here would like to see. BD:AE is where the focus is, and unfortunately, it's simply not the same game. But those things you are asking for to improve BD; they're being done in BD:AE. You want new units? Done. You want new programming? Done. You anted better graphics? Done. You wanted different ways to play the game? Done.

When you make so many changes to something though, it's hard to see what it used to be anymore. I could go on and on about every point made in this topic (many of you know I can :P) but I'll stop now while this is still... somewhat of a readable and manageable post

_________________
Image
Gettin' real tired of your shi...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:04 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 119
Gender: male
malicewolf wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen an active BD topic :D



We didnt miss u at all , we have a lot new players who can "Briefly explain" stuff just like u did ;) ;) ;)

_________________
Image
Thanks for the Signature to Matmanmax!

Current Status : Playing Clash of Clans with BD friends

:D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:07 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 31
skynet1 wrote:
malicewolf wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen an active BD topic :D



We didnt miss u at all , we have a lot new players who can "Briefly explain" stuff just like u did ;) ;) ;)


lolz


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:12 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 31
malicewolf wrote:
I'm quite happy to see this thread =) It's been a while since I've seen an active BD topic :D

As for the argument about subs. As Milan put it. It's a valid strategy and no doubt one of the most appealing. The reason is because, the only way to play at a competitive level without subs is to be extremely active (18+ hours MINIMUM). On top of this, you need to find multiple like minded players to join you in order for this to work (and there's not many left, hence why most end up together... no one likes carrying others).

So, how do you win without being a super human who can stay awake 24/7 at their computer? You get subs. You create a barrier of colonies and allies that will help keep an eye on things. Most people now have a mini computer in their pockets 24/7 (aka your phone). All you really need to keep your social life up is notification. Everyone can go on their merry way, so long as 1 person is on to keep a watchful eye for something and get ahold of everyone. Hard to do with a limited number of people, so why not have 3 alliances worth of people? You'll almost guaranteed to have at least 1 person online at all times 24/7.

So, why so many people choose to use subs? Because, it's a lot more appealing than playing 24/7 yourself. Many say its a cowardly tactic. Sometimes. If a main alliance chooses to have their sub alliance suicide into an enemy to weaken them, then yes, it can be seen as weak, but it doesn't change the victor at the end. You can try to fight and win with "honor" all you want. But the truth is, if you want to win that way, you have to work harder. Most people don't like that...

As for the diminishing population on BD. This game is old people. It's using old programming as well. BD has been getting plenty of attention though, however just not in the manner most here would like to see. BD:AE is where the focus is, and unfortunately, it's simply not the same game. But those things you are asking for to improve BD; they're being done in BD:AE. You want new units? Done. You want new programming? Done. You anted better graphics? Done. You wanted different ways to play the game? Done.

When you make so many changes to something though, it's hard to see what it used to be anymore. I could go on and on about every point made in this topic (many of you know I can :P) but I'll stop now while this is still... somewhat of a readable and manageable post


Always happy to try bringing activeness to BD for a fair competition :) players that read this please consider answering my new topic about how to prevent ruling alliances for ages. :) :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:31 am 
Specialist
Specialist
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 31
Is this topic dying out too like battledawn? why? suggest new replies xD


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:54 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:20 am
Posts: 22
Maybe people's lives got busier, more fast paced, there's less time to play BD. So people quit, and the worlds get depopulated.

Solution: Remove any worlds where there isn't much competition. Remove one of two worlds that got the same speed and same settings (M1 and M2, F3 and F5). Try to condense the same number on to fewer worlds. Maybe make slower worlds for people who are busier, that don't have time to log in. (Hoping that the 1 ticker Mars world comes back)

Something else deteriorating populations in worlds is that newbies have no fun or no say in the game. They're vulnerable, when they get attacked by the big guys they view it as "game over" for them.

Solution: Probably increase basic protection when colonies start up. Bigger alliances with the more experienced guys should encourage the newbies to play, let em expand freely. (trying to emphasise diplomacy here) Let em feel a part of the game. It's better to have new contacts for future purposes than get that extra crystal or colony or XP from the newbie and contribute to the depopulation. Spread the love.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace out!

_________________
Image

Image


~ The Guardian ~

CK (Celestial Kingdom)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Dying out. Why? Suggest New rules
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:36 am 
Specialist
Specialist
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:59 am
Posts: 31
AdrianWest wrote:
Maybe people's lives got busier, more fast paced, there's less time to play BD. So people quit, and the worlds get depopulated.

Solution: Remove any worlds where there isn't much competition. Remove one of two worlds that got the same speed and same settings (M1 and M2, F3 and F5). Try to condense the same number on to fewer worlds. Maybe make slower worlds for people who are busier, that don't have time to log in. (Hoping that the 1 ticker Mars world comes back)

Something else deteriorating populations in worlds is that newbies have no fun or no say in the game. They're vulnerable, when they get attacked by the big guys they view it as "game over" for them.

Solution: Probably increase basic protection when colonies start up. Bigger alliances with the more experienced guys should encourage the newbies to play, let em expand freely. (trying to emphasise diplomacy here) Let em feel a part of the game. It's better to have new contacts for future purposes than get that extra crystal or colony or XP from the newbie and contribute to the depopulation. Spread the love.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace out!


if they got busier new people would have came, the reason its depopulating is era domination and lack of advertisements.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl