It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie Plan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:31 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well ... since I live out of the city then it would be bit easier for me ... still need to get food and guns ... platemail would be good too ... anyways . i could fortificate my home. I hope they are stupid zombies that are slow :D like shaun of the dead... then they wont ever get in :) Wouldnt even have to fortificate. But now , if there would be a zombie apocalypse with the zombies of Left 4 dead .... then humankind would be doomed :)
Oh yeah, another thing. Since my dad knows how to sail then we could get on a boat/yacht ( dont know if i write it right).

Quote:
Don't degrade Jossu from Utter Awesomeness to "It" >.>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 pm 
Captain
Captain

josssuxd wrote:
Well ... since I live out of the city then it would be bit easier for me ... still need to get food and guns ... platemail would be good too ... anyways . i could fortificate my home. I hope they are stupid zombies that are slow :D like shaun of the dead... then they wont ever get in :) Wouldnt even have to fortificate. But now , if there would be a zombie apocalypse with the zombies of Left 4 dead .... then humankind would be doomed :)
Oh yeah, another thing. Since my dad knows how to sail then we could get on a boat/yacht ( dont know if i write it right).

how much ammo do you have? can you effectively take out/hold off 100 zombies?

remember only way to properly end them is with a headshot or sufficient damage to their spinal chord/body to leave them nothing more then a mess on the ground.

i like my plan as it doesnt actually involve fighting... it just involves leaving an obstacle that no standard zombie can get through...

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:58 am 
Private
Private

This all may work but one thing seeing your family frenids getting killed infront of you will drive you insane plus then you may have to kill them

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Like i said, my family is with me :)

and to ducky ....

Hmm well, my dad has been to the military, me and my bro are pretty accurate... we could raid the knife shop and throw zombies with knives too ... and since i live on the 3rd floor... which is the highest too then yea we could block the lower floors too + we can always throw stuff at zombies from balconies too :) to crush their brain we can even use rocks :D

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:14 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Quote:
lets compare.
both are viruses. both seem to be well tuned to humans.
the common cold mutates extremely fast due to its abundance. no point vaccinating as it will be immune by the time you release the vaccination.
lets see your lame little virus. it makes rats run towards the smell of cats.

I agree it is far fetched. However isn't ALL of evolution far fetched. However the idea that a virus who's incubation area on the body is the nose, would travel to the brain, and start taking over to absolutely no avail is ludicrous. The rhino virus already has an extremely effective delivery method, turning them into zombie's would be detrimental.

Quote:
do i see zombification? do i see anything that resembles zombification. no, i see a bunch of rats being stupid and simply following an impulse to follow a smell, much like they would follow the smell of cheese.

Merriam Webster specifies that a zombie is: a : the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body; b : a will-less and speechless human in the West Indies capable only of automatic movement.

Quote:
the mutations you are calling for seem over the top, so over the top, i would put money on the cold virus with its sheer numbers and thus, increased rates of random mutation to pull it off.

Orly? The Toxoplasmosa Gondii has 50% of human infected, and its already programmed to do something along the lines of infect, manipulate, transmit.

Quote:
of course thats what im saying, its more likely too as rabies can then pass on and manifest and reproduce in another organism (human). makes somewhat natural selection sense.

The only thing rabies causes that could even come close to what you suggest is delirium. With that they're as likely to jump off a cliff or just put a bullet in their head.

Quote:
[Got censored, tsk tsk tsk] you said, they had access to human info and could control humans. if nanobots could perform such complex tasks surely they have the same amount of expertise as humans (if not more) to build a new legion of nanobots?

to accurately control and alter neurons requires a fair amount of know how. know-how on a molecular scale. and you say they can do that but not form basic proteins by stringing amino acids together... wow..

All of this is come from the belief that the nano bots are following they're program and have suffered from what we would recognize as an error in logic. Replacing and Reproducing. They're nano bots, made to fix brains. Not replicators from Stargate.

Quote:
lame analogy. its more of a "We can fly into space, we can get man on the moon, but we still can't build a rocketship? wait *CENSORED*? i smell bad logic... it smells funny :3

No your analogy made no sense. Achievement>Slightly Greater Achievement>Astronomically Far Ahead Achievement.

The analogy you used is Achievement> Slightly Greater Achievement>3 steps behind?

Must you always include the Quasi-Condescending :3? I know I'm insane for asking but could you please not act like a 15 year old on 4chan?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:24 am 
Captain
Captain

josssuxd wrote:
Like i said, my family is with me :)

and to ducky ....

Hmm well, my dad has been to the military, me and my bro are pretty accurate... we could raid the knife shop and throw zombies with knives too ... and since i live on the 3rd floor... which is the highest too then yea we could block the lower floors too + we can always throw stuff at zombies from balconies too :) to crush their brain we can even use rocks :D

alright... with the limited amount of (sizeable) rocks and (sizeable) knives in your place... i would say you can kill around 10... 15 tops.

raid a knife shop, how many knives can you carry... lets say 100... how many zombies taken out with perfect headshots from the balcony, 2 storeys away.... 40. 30 with a knife lodged in, the rest your pro family probably dont have the weighting correct so the knife spins wrong and handle hits or something.

then there are zombies trying pathetically to get through the stairs, they are safe from harm. maximum length of obstacles between zombies and you lot sleeping - 20 meters.

in short. have a propane tank on hand for an epic kamikaze cause you dont want to join the horde now do you?

all zombie plans are flawed. most zombie plans have trouble dealing with 100 zombies. which is pretty standard for an urban sprawl neighbourhood setting.

im confident 5000 zombies cant get to me... unless they climb on top of each other... or set of a fire :D

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:05 am 
Private
Private

Unlike my post i live in America. We have atleast 220 million firearms and i happen to own 2 pistols 2 shotguns and 2 assult rifles. i alos have many army-issued knives. Before ducky says it i could hold off 100 zombies because my plan isn't to kill them its ot make it so thye can't get to me anymore. so killing wouldn't be th eonly option. unlike most movies peopel would fight back and infection rates would not be very high so un-likley 100 zombies will come and kill you :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:53 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well , it all actually depens of the zombies ... Shaun of the dead zombies , i will survive what ever will happen... but 28 days later/28 weeks later zombies . they are hard to deal , drust me ducky even you couldnt handle them... they are fast, strong and very deadly...
Basically it would be good to go on the sea with a yacht , with like least 20 metres deep and far from the shore ... with alot of food and drinking water.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:18 am 
Captain
Captain

josssuxd wrote:
Well , it all actually depens of the zombies ... Shaun of the dead zombies , i will survive what ever will happen... but 28 days later/28 weeks later zombies . they are hard to deal , drust me ducky even you couldnt handle them... they are fast, strong and very deadly...
Basically it would be good to go on the sea with a yacht , with like least 20 metres deep and far from the shore ... with alot of food and drinking water.

you wont last a week until water stores run out. max.

unless you can find a place with good rain that is...

and no, not even the rage virus zombies can cut through 6-8 storeys of mattresses, cement mix, glue, metal frames from furniture, glass, anything i can find compacted into the firestairs..

if they can climb a building well... meh, wont even bother blockading.. just go to the top floor of the building and jump :D

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
if they can climb a building well... meh, wont even bother blockading.. just go to the top floor of the building and jump

Thats the spirit :D

Quote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next