It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Eddyy11 say Hey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

In terms of military, the most common build is considered the "pro build" and is consistent of 30% armor and 70% ranged units.

Experienced players will stick to 1 chassis type (infantry, vehicle, or tanks). Do not mix and build multiple types to attack together with. The reason for this is that you allow your enemy to maximize their efficiency against you based on their anti chassis weaponry (concussive, beam, explosive).

Concussive kills infantry 1st at full power, then half power against vehicles and halved again against tanks

Beam kills vehicles at full power, then half power against tanks and halved against infantry

Explosive kills tanks at full power, half against inf and halved against vehicles.

So as you can see, it's basically a rock paper scissors scenario. Now the reason you don't mix chassis is because of this fact. If you build both infantry and tanks, but the enemy only builds vehicles, assuming you both use about equally spread out anti chassis weaponry, the enemy will beat you assuming your numbers are similar.

The reason behind this is that ALL of the enemies concussive weaponry AND explosive weaponry are working at full capacity against your units. They are dealing full damage against your units, only their beam units aren't going full (but are still doing half damage against your tanks). Your army of infantry and tanks however, are doing full damage split between your inf and tanks against the vehicle. But they also have their concussive going half and then their explosive doing 1/4. So effectively, they aren't dealing out as much damage while your enemy is maximizing their efficiency. Even if you won, your armor loses would of been much greater than necessary.

This is why you stick to 1 chassis type and just build up your anti chassis type weaponry in all categories.

Damage units are good, but only when fighting on equal terms. However, if you play smart, you always want to avoid having an even battle against your enemy. You need to strategize for the next move and next war. You need to conserve and stay as strong as possible. Because if you end up taking on a big close battle with another alliance, then even if you won, you may find yourself being attacked or even betrayed by another alliance as they now see their opportunity to hit you and take the lead.

The "pro build" is made keeping this in mind. The point of this build is to keep ahead of enemies and looking for advantageous battles that will lead to only armor losses. Using a nuke or simply outnumbering the enemy army by a large amount will work.

Each chassis type has a different ratio due to the # of units allowed in a squad pending the chassis type.

Infantry - 10 armor 20 range
Vehicle - 5 armor 10 range
Tank - 3 armor 7 range

Also, I would suggest not mixing anti chassis weapon types together. What I mean by this is that you make 1 squad 1 anti chassis type. Like this:
3 armor tanks
7 range beam tanks

Do not do:
3 armor tanks
2 range concussive tanks
2 range beam tanks
3 range explosive tanks

This makes your squad not very effective against anything, requiring you to send multiple squads just to take care of smaller attacks.

Another tip when making units is to ONLY build concussive armor units. Armor is not meant to be used for attacking. It's meant to soak up the damage. However, due to the order to operations in the game certain units get hit before others. I'll give you an example. You have 9 armor tanks and 21 range tanks. They are split up in the following:

3 concussive armor tanks
3 beam armor tanks
3 explosive armor tanks
7 concussive range tanks
7 beam range tanks
7 explosive range tanks

The enemy sent 1 squad of vehicles that was the standard build for anti tank (5 armor, 10 range explosive vehicles).

The first losses you take will be to your explosive armor tanks. Explosive is always targeted first, then beam, then concussive. It starts like this in armor, then when all armor is gone, it does the same for damage units, then again for range. The ONLY exception to this is when you have ranked up experience on units. If you have 100 experience on one of your explosive armor tanks but 0 experience on the rest, then the game would kill 2 explosive armor 1st, then move to the beam armor, then concussive armor, then go back to kill the experienced explosive unit.

Now, this may not seem to be a big deal to you right now as your armor losses will remain the same regardless in this scenario (you lose 5 armor tanks). The difference comes in when you have teammates though! If your teammates send only concussive armor, then all of your armor gets hit first, effectively causing you more losses than the rest of your team in a battle. Even if you ALL do armor not based on pure concussive, it's hard to coordinate perfectly to ensure even losses (you could of sent 4 concussive squads and your teammate sent 4 explosive squads. Your teammate would take the brunt of the losses).

Sorry if this confuses you. I tend to get a little over excited in my explanations.... and then this happens. Even more sad, I could keep going...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:55 am 
Captain
Captain

Eddy , since you are getting familiar with forums & other members , i would tell you that malice is known for writing novel length replies , so if u ask him any question be prepared to read a novel as your ans.

Well malice yea , im sure even wont understand half of war u said , it would be very complicated for a new guy , i think talking when on skype when both are online will let him understand better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:32 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Skype works. My crowd has two newbies coming through the ranks quite strongly on M3, even if we were killed, they showed a lot of potential and aren't ready to give up yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:13 pm 
Private
Private

Thats why Im looking for people who are willing to help me on this game. My skype is popkorns10

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3