It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to: Make a bad free to play game!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I just started playing SM today, and i can already tell that something is bad wrong with this game. I'm not upset about the fact that gear bought with reds is obviously superior (just kidding, it's annoying but whatever), but making some gear impossible to get without reds and then have to hope the RNG gods let you get said item? What the flying flip guys, if I'm going to put money down I shouldn't have to hope and pray that I get the gear that I want.

Now, I'm also upset about just how much of an advantage reds give in this game compared to BD (I've been grinding my ass off and people at my level (11) still have vastly superior gear than me through coin purchases (50k coins for only 190 reds?....)) but not my problem if tactisoft doesn't know cosmetics are the way to go in mech games.

TL;DR upset about RNG and the advantage reds give here when compared to BD

EDIT:Holy crap even the various free items and damage types are ridiculously unbalanced, I was running a nice electric weapon mech and now I'm pretty much having to go to physical and explosive damage if i want to compete.

Post subject: Re: How to: Make a bad free to play game!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:12 am 
Major
Major

*waits for the sm players to rage*

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Now at level 14 I'm still stuck using a lot of lower grade equipment because I was playing with an apparently unviable build (heat weapons just have too huge of an advantage over energy) and all my grinding was for naught, also wtf? Past a certain level almost all the pysical side weapons have to be bought with tokens, all the other side weapons still have a fairly ok free weapon selection throughout their levels. I don't see where anyone could've thought that was a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:42 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Physical side weapons from Levels 24-30 can only be obtained with item boxes, Get item boxes for free and grind for months to get the ideal build, Or purchase tokens and get what you need and more from gold or silver boxes

DISCLAIMER#1: Energy is way more stronger than heat at level 30 (With the right build)

DICLAIMER#2: Some of the best pilots and mechs on this game have gotten to where they are for free

-Soulja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

If you ca get the lowest tier item box for free then my bad, I didn't notice. However that doesn't make the RNG part any better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:51 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Well, I guess the game isn't completely terrible since you're still posting about it a half year later (unless you're a BD player who just came back to post on this of course). And I do see what you're saying, but I'll try talk a little about the balance we're trying to achieve.

As pointed out, the physical weapons aren't all restricted to tokens, they can be gotten in item boxes that cost 5000 credits. Which I admit is some money to MAYBE get what you want. But if you have an ok mech, it's not that hard to get 20k+ in a day. And if you're really interested, do some campaigning and missions/achievements.

Also, I can't remember if this was the case when you played, but you can get tokens from achievements from the start, which opens up silver and golden item boxes if you save a little, which increases the chance of good items.

We also we've just done with the last update was give players a chance to get up to 3 golden boxes by refering players. Which does increase your chances of getting those high up items by a fair bit by instead of spending money, you help the game grow. (refered player needs to reach level 20 for the gold box, you do gain other smaller prizes along the way).

As for meeting much stronger mechs, that might as well be people playing the campaign to grind their mech to a higher level. I tried to fast-rank yesterday to see how fast a player could reach the level for the gold item box, and figured that if I played a fair bit of campaign every time I lost a match in ladder, I could get mechs that were much larger and more powerful than most mechs I met (it also helped that I almost knew what I were doing when making the mech). I will say that this was with the advantage of the 2x scrdit and experience you get when you join the game. But this is another part of balancing, and most likely not related to buying credits, as you can't buy items for higher levels than yourself anyway, and with grinding in campaign you can get most stuff you want early on anyway (from my personal experience at least).

I'll bring up what you say to the dev though, if you have anything else to add, please tell me.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:36 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I have been playing this game for 2 years now and there is still gear that i don't have that i want. that is lower level legendary. I have spent lots of money and SM trying to get this gear. Instead I have pages and pages of other legendary gear and many many copies.

I would like to see a trade in feature in the game. Like i can trade in 1-2 legendary and request another legendary item of less than or equal value to what i traded in. Also would be nice to trade in 3-5 legendary and get a mythic item.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:39 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

in short

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:47 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Lorinser021 wrote:
I have been playing this game for 2 years now and there is still gear that i don't have that i want. that is lower level legendary. I have spent lots of money and SM trying to get this gear. Instead I have pages and pages of other legendary gear and many many copies.

I would like to see a trade in feature in the game. Like i can trade in 1-2 legendary and request another legendary item of less than or equal value to what i traded in. Also would be nice to trade in 3-5 legendary and get a mythic item.

Bump

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]