It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Choose
Team Battles 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Clan Battles 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
Arena Mode 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Arena Mode w/ Dropboxes 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Clan Trading System 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Pink Slip Matches 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Lower Kit prices 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Stretched out Ranking System 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
No! 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Change (How? Which Ones?) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Upgrades for Supermechs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:21 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

So I've actually just gotten into Supermechs, and its really good, but it could use some, upgrades.
I've got a few suggestions, and Im new to this forum so don't kill me!

Ok, for starters, Clans are stupid, because they, as of right now, have almost no use. There should be at least 1 of the following in Supermechs.
A) Team Battles, Clan Battles and an Arena Mode. Team battles could be friends, who are in a clan together, or not, joining with eachother for a battle against 2 other mechs. Would be awesome to see an energy drainer and heat damager vs 2 Damage Kings, just saying. Clan Battles should be whole clans fighting eachother for supremacy, and the winning clan should get special rewards or something. Arena Mode would be a huge 10 Man battle arena map where 10 mechs fight in a free for all for dominance.

B)Clan Trading Systems. Players in a clan together should be able to trade to make eachother as good as possible, it would promote cooperation, and make the game more challenging for everyone, as clans would get significantly stronger, quicker.

C) Pink Slip matches. We should have a mode where players can challenge eachother for mechs, parts and even upgrades. Would make winning a MUST, and it'd be awesome to jack someones ride.

D) A more stretched out Ranking System, so more than 1 Player or clan can get to the top for multiple things. Obviously this would come with the above mentioned upgrades, such as Best Clan Teamwork, Best Pinkslip Player, etc.

Just some suggestions I, and alot of my friends, would really love to see implemented to make Supermechs the best Mech game around.

Cheers, and don't forget to vote!

EDIT: I remember on Battlemechs they had dropboxes that had health, energy, cooldowns etc. These would also be an awesome edition to the Arena Mode, or Clan Battles.
ALSO, Kits are extremely OVERPRICED.

UNIT: 1st
LotD: 14th, 4th and everything inbetween.
AOD: 4th
KoR/PoK: Top 10
The Legion of the Dead will forever endure.

Last edited by HutchyDog413 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Upgrades for Supermechs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Okay. I like your ideas. But like none of them will work..

Team Battles - How are you going to fit four mechs into a small space? It'd make long range obselete, and short range OP. Everyone would be boasting flamethrowers swords and the like. The coding that'd have to go into this would also be quite high I'd imagine..

Clan Battles - How would you even do that? :| Like person with best Rank in a clan vs the other person with best rank in the other clan?

Arena Mode - How would you code this..

Clan Trading Systems/Pink Slips - The only reason this would be a no is because people would create many accounts and just focus all the equipment they get into one main account. Well for Pink Slips it may be hard unless you have two computers.. If admins/mods can track down User IP like in Battle Dawn and ban people just the same then this would be great!

The Ranking System idea seems good too. Don't know how it would be executed though..

You're a very ambitious person Hutch :p But good luck getting these into the game haha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I realize it would take some serious recoding. To be honest, I don't know how it would be done, but it would mean serious changes to the way battles play out.
They could make maps multi-level, with obstacles and stuff? Idk.

Also, Clan Battles could be the 2 best vs. eachother, or a 6 vs 6 match.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:37 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

It is a growing game imo though. They could eventually implement something like this you never know lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Agreed. But I would like to see it sooner rather than later, I don't want to see it go down the same path as BD did. Slowly dying and only implementing upgrades to save itself :/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

HutchyDog413 wrote:
Clan Battles should be whole clans fighting each other for supremacy, and the winning clan should get special rewards or something.

I already made a post about this: http://www.supermechs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=409&t=31336

HutchyDog413 wrote:
ALSO, Kits are extremely OVERPRICED.

Agreed.

-SpikeyMech

I occasionally come back to see what's been going on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:42 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ah right no problem, as I said I was new to this forum aha.
Ill vote there, too :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:45 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm not currently in the dev chat, so in a way I know as little as you, but at the same time, I get info from time to time. Just don't take what I say as certainty.

A) Matches involving more than 1 mech is something we have been talking about since the early BETA, but it haven't really been the main focus. But I think we are moving towards it with more than 1 mech being added.

This would open for matches with player vs player, both using more than 1 mech, and team matches. But it will take quite a bit of coding, it is therefore not exactly on the top of the list while we have other things that needs to be added/fixed as well. But unless the goals have changed, it is something we're working towards.

But can you explain a bit how exactly the arena mode would work? Would that also be on a 2d platform, or would it require more? If it's only on a 2d platform, won't simply the ones in the middle get slaughtered?

B and C)
I'll bring the two of these up together as I have the same problem with them. And that is exchanging parts. Why would that be a problem? Well, simply because it encourages multiple accounts in a big way, then trade things over to the main account. The battle credits in a way limits how much one can grind in a day, while wit this, you could have up to 5 accounts to grind with (if alliance trade, or more if pink slip), then transfer it to the main account, either by losing in a pink slip match, or trading it with alliance members.

I do like the ideas as they really foster more teamplay in the alliances, I'm just not sure if it outweighs my concerns.

D)
If we add more gamemodes, I'm guessing this will be added as well. So we'll just have to wait and see I guess!

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I have some solutions for Arena Mode:

The battlefield would be wider based on the number of players (e.g 9 spaces for 1 player, 14 for 2, 19 for 3 etc.) or an extra 5 spaces per player.

-SpikeyMech

I occasionally come back to see what's been going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

KingSpikey, that would just make the game very long nd boring, as what if the two opposite ends managed to be the only 2 left?

Simmen, thanks heaps for commenting aha.

Arena Mode I believe could work with a few patches to the game.
As multiple mechs will be on the Battlefield you'd have to be able to choose your target, or even fire at 2 seperate mechs at once. I imagine area effect might be a good idea for these, too?
For the battlefield itself, I was thinking it could still be 2D of course, but have multiple levels, much like other 2D Battle games? Include elevators, and have 2 mechs spawn on each level, or even random spawn to make it that much harder? My Dropboxes like in Battlemechs also fits in with the Arena Mode idea, but i don't know if it could work truly. Just a suggestion, after all.

Also, I don't know if you can track IP's like in BD for multis, but if you could that would solve that problem. Also, maybe involve restrictions on Trade? As in, you have to trade with a different player for something of equal value as to what you want to trade. That way new mechs can't become Overpowered with Clan Trade, and upper level mechs can trade off equipment that is useless to them, to another clan member for something that may not be as useless to them.

EDIT: Come on people, vote!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next