It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Option 2 Free Blueys has a virus problem.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:37 am 
Private
Private

A lot of the Option 2 free token thingymabobber-whatnots (really dont know the word...Advertisements maybe?...) are making my anti virus go nuts trying to block harmful and malicious programming from entering my computer. Not only do i not get token from those sites, (because if i tried id get a virus or something) but the simple act of clicking and hearing my anti virus tell me it blocked something makes me paranoid about the possibility of something that my anti-virus did not catch.

Being a player who does not have a lot of money to spare, i am always excited when i find a site that i am interested in that has the option for earning free "credits" to help out us less fortunate players.

That being said, if every other time someone attempts to gain those free tokens, their computer get crashed or someone steals their identity, it is unlikely that the player will want to continue trying, and in some cases, it can be taken as a sign that while the admins are trying to be fair and balanced, they simply do not care enough about the player to be diligent as to the legitimacy of both their advertisements and or the security of their site.

Fortunately, I do understand the hassles of running a donation based server. And I in no means find this inconvienience to be the admins fault, especially since the token earning sites are provided by whatever company you use to advertise and help make ends meet on the servers.

I just figured i would bring it your attention as Credibility and Security are often almost as imortant as the game play on MMO sites, and the more secure the site is and the less viruses and adware players get by visiting any part of this site or sites that, by nature of being accessible through your pages, you are affiliated with, the more likely new players will be willing to stay as many people are paranoid about ID theft and viruses to the point of discontinuing contact with anything remotely connected to a site that causes their anti-virus/anti-spyware programs to constantly pop warning about afore-mentioned problems.

Or to put it all short and sweet......

Hackers are using your generosity to your players as an avenue to infect people. People might be scared off if everytime they try to get some blueys to boost a little, their compy has to go to the hospital. :P

didnt know if there was even anything that can be done, so i am not complaining. :) just figured as the site evolves and other options to earn free blueys become available you might wanna know of potential threats to the safety and scurity of the Battle Dawn Collective........

Post subject: Re: Option 2 Free Blueys has a virus problem.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:52 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

All of these free token options are handled independently by our survey partners such as tokenads, matomy and peanutlabs.

Surveys create usually a win/win situation for all involved parties. The player get tokens, the provider gets the info they want, we (bd) get money.

If there is an issue with a survey, please contact the survey provider directly. In this case Matomy. They will surely check on it.
Sometimes, and especially with google chrome, the security settings are simply to high and even harmless sites get blocked.

As for example BD get blocked 1-2 times a month by google chrome because 1 player has an avatar hosted on a site which is "suspicious" for chrome. Thats what I call overacting :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 am 
Private
Private

Thanks. I will contact matomy next time i have a problem with that option. though it wasn't chrome that said it was malicious. it was my anti virus. :) but in any case i do undersand that they are hosted independently. Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Reviews and my siteadvisor says its suspicious :P

I dont know to trust matomy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]