It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alt accounts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:55 am 
Private
Private

I just started. First thing I did was read the rules, right on top it says no alts and alt accounts. Then I start on a solo world, as soon as it starts I get conquered by a player with alts everywhere, same name but first name last, last name first, alts everywhere, now he's ranked top in our server so far.

So we are allowed alts then? I pmm'ed the admin for clarification, no answer after a day or so.

So I assume now, either you re allowed alt accounts, or if your a vet, long time player, or top ranked, the rules do not apply?

Be nice to actually know what the deal is, so far this is not a friendly game to new players.

Post subject: Re: Alt accounts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:08 am 
Private
Private

Only took 3 days and one question. No answer, no help. As a new player, being ganged up on by a vet and his alts, just to be griefed, well, I'll be moving on...great way to get new players to play, thanks for not answering my forum questions, questions in-game chat, or admin pm's..3 days for no answer, just a royal waste of time reading about this game, learning how to play, just to be conquered in the first tick by a player and his alts, wow, fun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:26 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

It is possible that these are not alt accounts but just his allies sometimes allies use similar names as a confusing tactic as it makes it harder to track where particular armies are due to their names are all similar.

Also if you are need help with the game feel free to apply at our AANC Center which can be found here viewtopic.php?f=416&t=1036

Any further questions feel free to ask :)

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 am 
Private
Private

It's a solo world...the guy has several colonies around me, all with similar names, first and last transposed, etc...hits my op's with one, my main with another. I pm the admin, he's basically short and says the guy has no alts. I'm looking around me, and I see all these colonies with his name on them, but changed slightly...I may be new, but I know what an alt is...the admin blows me off without even taking 10 seconds, literally, 10 seconds to check it out...basically screws my round right off the bat, a new player needs to be taken out by a vet player with alts on a solo server...thats lame, just like pvp with a high level spawn camping a nub, same principle...owell, time to move on to another game, this suffers from that same disease other games suffers from fatigue, when vets and admins grief new players off the game....got me!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:05 am 
Captain
Captain

can u plz who is the admin and also how much time he took to reply u? beyond 24hrs?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

What I am suggesting is that a group of players have come to the solo world as friendlies and they have used similar names to help each other. They are most likely not alts but what is called a "family" which is where multiple players even though they are not in the same alliance fight for a similar cause.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:29 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

For example, me and ads came to the server, and we decided on a theme before we drop our colony and name it. That means our colonies' name will have something in common. The similarity depends on the theme itself.

Some people have picked "multi" theme, as in, ads might name himself "Aister 2" and I am "Aister". So from others who look at us, we are multi. But in fact we are 2 different people controlling 2 different accounts and are totally legal.

HOWEVER, shall u have any doubt whereas those guys are multi or not, please contact ur in-game admins, and he'll be able to give u a better answer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

1007378085 wrote:
Only took 3 days and one question. No answer, no help. As a new player, being ganged up on by a vet and his alts, just to be griefed, well, I'll be moving on...great way to get new players to play, thanks for not answering my forum questions, questions in-game chat, or admin pm's..3 days for no answer, just a royal waste of time reading about this game, learning how to play, just to be conquered in the first tick by a player and his alts, wow, fun

if you messaged the admin, He/She would have certainly looked into it. Admins have the power to track IP Addresses so they know if someone is an alt.

Let me know if you need help,

Spoiler:
Retired BattleDawn Tribune Reporter
Retired Maintenance Team Member
RC Game Tester
Active Forum User

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]