It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: To those complaining about cheating (SM)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I've had a chat with Ilona (with her busy schedule!)

She has said the latest updates should be released in a matter of weeks. Don't hold me (or her) to this as everyone knows hickups can always occur. However with the release of these new updates, those accusing players of multi-cheating will no longer be able to do this as it won't benefit them at all.

So hand tight and be patient. You aren't being ignored, they are simply finding the best way to go about solving this issue fairly.

Below are a few extras that are quite long winded. You don't have to read them, however they may answer some questions that players may be curious about.

For those who want to understand why bans aren't being issued
Spoiler:
It is very difficult to ban a player for cheating on supermechs, as it can sometimes be difficult to tell who is cheating and who isn't. While there has been some very hard evidence against certain players, there is always the chance (however small it may be) that these print-screens are faked. If that is the case, banning a player would the unfair thing to do.

Heck, I've caused problems during eras on battledawn with fake print screens. Writing fake messages sent between players and print screens of fake attacks can work a charm when two alliances (groups of players) are on edge with each other and you want them to go to war! I know it's not supermechs nor is it a ban-able offense, but the similarity is the same.

The devs understand the problem is with the system, which is why in the past Ilona has said they're working on this new rewards system to fix this problem :)

For those that don't understand the new system
Spoiler:
The new reward system will reward you one star for each win. Each stage will require you to collect a certain amount of stars before you are able to move up to the next stage. Eventually you will find yourself positioned in a certain stage suited for your level. At this point you will only fight mechs at the same stage as you or the stage above or below your level. Once you reach the highest stage and have collected all stars, the game will begin to count your wins at the top ranks. The player with the most wins will be ranked 1 for that week. This is what I have understood so far from testing and word of mouth, so some things may be a little wrong although I'm sure they're not.

The way this eliminates the current cheating method is it doesn't allow players to pass on a stacked amount of points for winning. Each win will only give 1 star or 1 win after achieving all stars. That way a multi can grind all they want to reach top level, as well as getting the main account to the top level and will only be able to reward each other one win. On top of that you lose half your stars gained in the stage you're in after losing . This means players at the top stages will only be able to fight each other 4 times before they lose too many stars and are forced to collect enough stars to move up to the top 2nd top/top group. The effort involved in doing this isn't worth it as the time taken to get those wins will take far too long (you also have to take in to account that both the multi and the main account have to win almost all their games to get to the top groups). By the time cheaters have managed to attempt to abuse this system, top players should already have quite a few wins at the top ranks already! :)

Post subject: Re: To those complaining about cheating (SM)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Thank you Andy for taking the time to write this message, it was thorough and answered some of the questions i had in my mind.
There is still one thing i dont quite understand, and i promise after i get it off my chest i will not bother you again with this subject, so please hear me out.
The infamous player known as KING, what happened with him ? I thought he got a ban, it was less than six months ago, so did he just leave himself or did something about your policy change ? (by you i mean tacticsoft, not you personally)
answer me if you are allowed to talk about it, thanks for listening.
I hope the new version of the game is going to be good and we get to enjoy it cheater-free.

I have to add to the end, with all these unpleasant topics that have been going on lately, it's easy to get a very negative impression of people. I still love your game
Cheers :-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:38 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Souldescent wrote:
The infamous player known as KING, what happened with him ? I thought he got a ban, it was less than six months ago, so did he just leave himself or did something about your policy change ?

I feel like publicly revealing a reasoning for a ban might be overstepping it. I don't know why he was banned, but I know bans are kept private for a reason, so I'll probably never know xD sorry about that one :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:40 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
While there has been some very hard evidence against certain players, there is always the chance (however small it may be) that these print-screens are faked.

So nobody can be banned because screenshots can be faked? There is no way to provide evidence then. It's literally impossible - anything can be dismissed as "could be fake".

But wait....how can 100+ screenshots from a dozen different people be fake? Oh yeah, they can't.

If there is "hard evidence" according to Ilona, does that not at least merit a visit to the game to check out the suspicious players?

Quote:
the game will begin to count your wins at the top ranks.

So it won't count your win ratio, it will just count wins?! So whoever plays the most, will win. It can be anyone - you just have to no-life it 24/7 and even if you lose a ton, you'll win a ton more than players who don't play often.

Am I reading that correctly?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

So ...

Ogonna as B I G G E S T cheater AND LIER (!!!) here you should be very quiet !

Ogonna = Tobi = Tritium
(that Tritium = Tobi ... he self wrote)

BOTH Ogonna and Tobi changed AGAIN their flag from Norway to Spain
(both had Norway flag).

So maybe you have a twin and you dont know it ?
Ohhh and this twin travel always at the same times from Norway to Spain.

Can happen - just an accident !

:-)

THAT is also the REASON you EDIT your flight-papers !!!
And NEVER in the hole world would 2 different people SCAN their flight-papers at the same time !

YOUR "proof" (= biggest LIE ever) goes totally in the wrong direction, because your mind is limited, you didnt thought about, that you have to travel a lot too AFTER !

;-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

But possible too MrOneTwo.

Lets talk about the EDIT fllight-papers from Ogonna=Tritium !

And ABOUT that LIE !

Last edited by bestplayerintheworld on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

lol

Alliance ... 1962 ... I bet its Ogonna's birth-year !

;-)

All clear !?

lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:26 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ogonna wrote:
So nobody can be banned because screenshots can be faked? There is no way to provide evidence then. It's literally impossible - anything can be dismissed as "could be fake".

But wait....how can 100+ screenshots from a dozen different people be fake? Oh yeah, they can't.

If there is "hard evidence" according to Ilona, does that not at least merit a visit to the game to check out the suspicious players?

Yes anything CAN be faked. The chances of it happening are very small, however there isn't anything in game set up to catch a cheater. The game itself doesn't have any counter-measures against these sorts of players, so the only evidence that can be given isn't strong enough evidence. The problem is with the way the devs have built the game, which is why they're bringing out this new update so that cheating will no longer be possible.

As for the hard evidence, I'm talking personally here as I feel the thread created a few days back that was kept alive had some hard evidence. Evidence sent through to Ilona through PM is confidential. What we as players may think is hard evidence clearly isn't enough for the admins/devs because of how easily they can be faked. Like I've said though, the admins/devs know this which is why they're bringing out this update! :)

Ogonna wrote:
So it won't count your win ratio, it will just count wins?! So whoever plays the most, will win. It can be anyone - you just have to no-life it 24/7 and even if you lose a ton, you'll win a ton more than players who don't play often.

Am I reading that correctly?

TL;DR in green

Only your wins. But in a way it WILL count your win/loss ratio. To get to the top level you need 100+ stars to get there. The quickest way to do that is 100 wins in a row! However as you move up in stages, you will no longer be placed against weaker players. Winning will become increasingly difficult. Upon one loss you will lose quite a few stars (can't be exact as I can't remember), which means you will have to win all those matches again to gain those stars back before you're able to carry on achieving stars you haven't already reached.
I'll try use 2 examples to make it easier, as it is hard to explain:

A player is in a group that needs 8 stars to advance to the next stage. He currently has one star in the stage, but losses a battle. He therefore losses half of the stars for that stage, which is 4 stars and is demoted to the stage below. On top of the demotion he is 3 stars off being back in to that 8 star stage. It means he needs 4 more wins to get back to where he was before, as a result of losing one battle.
If this player has an average KDA of 4 in the 8 star group stage, he will never advance. He will win 4 matches, and then lose those stars in his fifth match and have to repeat the process. This will mean the mech he has built is best suited for the level of player he is currently fighting at.

Now if we take a look at the very top, where there are something like 18 stars (again I can't be exact, as I haven't been able to test recently), each loss will take 9 stars away from you. So you can win 9 matches in a row, but on your 10th if you loss those 9 stars you achieved will all be lost. A KDA of 10 or more must be required in this stage to reach the very top. It may sound easy enough, however you've got to remember you'll ONLY be playing against players that have managed to climb to the top ranks along with you, so the competition will be tough! If you manage to get all stars, it will count your wins untill you lose. After losing, you will have to win 9 more matches before your wins start counting again as you will have lost 9 stars. 10 wins in a row against the top players will be very difficult!!

In a way, for the top players there will be some kind of who plays more at the top rank will win, however that is the same right now somewhat. The more you play now the more points you are rewarded. Just like the current system too you lose points for losses, so even if you play 24/7 but have a mech that doesn't have a good KDA you will never win the weekly tournament. Same goes for this, if your KDA isn't good enough enough you won't reach the top. What makes it harder with this is players will no longer be able to grind points from noobs, their mechs will always be put up against the stronger mechs of the game at higher stages making a high KDA harder.

TL;RD
You shouldn't worry too much Oganna. You've showm you can beat top players frequently, so your KDA against these players should easily excel others. If you manage to get a KDA of 20 at the top stage, then you will achieve 11 wins at the top before you lose 9 stars again. A player who only has a KDA of 10, will achieve 1 win at the top rank before losing 9 stars again. To get 11 wins at the top that player would need to play 120 matches in total. For you that would only take 20 matches.

In cases where the KDA of a player is similar to yours at the top level, the one that plays more will come out on top. However that is the only case.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next