It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: RoFL- The Cheaters.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Well, first of all, if you'd have paid attention to my mass on e3, you would have seen that I wasn't even around. So your "other admin" is a failure.

Secondly, I support Simen or whoever banned those Spammer to 100%. There was no connection to anyone else on the server and therefore there is no reason to demand a "sorry" or any kind of compensation. Actually, I am not even sure if I would have banned them

When you built anywhere in the world ops without having any chance to defend those OPs, it doesn't have to be a RoFL alliance to take them ... just a little common sense

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:47 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ilona it obviously doesn't have to be any certain alliance taking the ops but players are not ignorant. It is quite obvious to see when a colony is planted just to take relocation ops specially when its a brand new colony placed in just the right place to attack just the right ops lol..

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

before tick 150 on a 3 tick world??

Serious, around 200-300 people joined at that day and believe it or not, some would even attack in a wargame!

Sorry for my sarcasm, but the world is less than 5 days old and here is drama like I would have missed WW3

EDIT: Oh it was tick 193! My bad! Already 2.5 days. Really odd that someone attacks free ops...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Due to the fact that I was bored and happened across this topic because I saw the big red Ilona letters, I ended up reading this. And I have to say, I do understand where the admins come from in this perspective. We would simply not have ANY players left on BD if we had the admins ban entire alliances for asking friends to build a colony and help. It happens every era, by nearly every player at some point.

Now I will say, usually I get lucky enough that the admin comes in and saves the day for me before I lose anything. Perhaps I've just been lucky in this regard, but I do agree with the statement that the alliance whom the spammer spammed should get compensation for this incident. They lost precious time because of a player deemed cheating, yet they are still suffering because of the cheater. If the cheater was caught before landing, they'd be fine (maybe). The cheaters here were looking hoping that the admin would be offline long enough to get their attacks through and that is exactly what happened. So I will say, I believe it fair to compensate in that regards by giving OPs with CT matching what the OPs should have been.

Whether or not an admin can actually do that (make an OP with a certain CT) I'm not so sure. But with this being the case, I would say, it shouldn't be out of the question for the admin to provide fully controlled OPs back to them when the time would have been. I know that could have been done.

And since the OPs were not made yet, it prevents a 2nd incident of the exact same scenario from occurring, which I think is decent enough compensation for the inconvenience suffered by the players who lost out due to cheating.

While it may seem fairly obvious that someone set something up, you also have to know, players are extremely smart and many have no moral ethics online. I know of players who have set up scenarios against their own alliances with their own friends and cried "wolf" to try getting their enemies banned and blamed for "cheating" for a scenario that looked like something obviously done by an enemy. If you aren't following me, then here's the scenario for you.

Alliance A was warring Alliance B. The war took place between the two alliance and both had their armies occupied away from their hives. Alliance A asked a friend to build a new colony with a new account near their own colonies and spam their network. Alliance A then cried to the admin that Alliance B is cheating and it's obvious that random colony is working for Alliance B and that Alliance B should be banned as well.

The above scenario is a very real situation. If I have learned anything from being on BD over the last 7 years, it's that those who are willing to cheat will go to ANY lengths to do so and they are VERY smart about it.
Cheaters will hide their tracks very well to ensure they aren't caught or even noticed. Or they will make it obvious they were the mastermind, but ensure there is no hard evidence to allow them to be banned and of course, deny everything they are accused of. And as the scenario above shows, if they can't find a way to avoid being noticed, they'll make it look the opposite of what it really is.

The worst cheaters are the ones who are never caught because they are that good. I'm sure BD has quite a few of them and we are none the wiser to it.

Now this isn't to say that something shouldn't be done to try to avert these situations. But banning people for being the supposed mastermind behind a cheap shot isn't how we should go about it. The admins have their hands tied in many of these cases as I have said a million and a half times before.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I agree to all you've said, and yes, I would have taken some action if we would write tick 1500 and the spammer was clearly placed.

But in this case, and I was really carefully with my words till a certain point, its really nonesense!

You can't place ops anywhere in the world and scream : CHEATER! if they get taken at tick 193 on the other side of the world. You can't demand a whole alliance getting banned for a guy who just thought: Hey, free OPs ...gonna try my luck and attack!
And for this reason, as I am really getting tired to try to explain and teach, I'll lock this topic now.

As advise for the future: If you hate an alliance - go, get a team and beat them.
The admin, in this case me, will for sure try the best to make it fair and have a close look of whats going on. You can literally poke me anytime and if I am not sleeping or can't reply as I haven't seen all facts to answer straight, you can be sure that I'll come back to you and your concern and do what has to be done.

We admins love competition on our servers! Whoever thinks that we want to have a single alliance win all eras, should really overthink their point of view. How would that benefit us admins, the company and the players???

That being said... Topic locked ... nothing to see here .... back to the battlefield with you guys!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3