It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: An Open Letter to Super Mechs Admins
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Open spoiler to view message for players
Spoiler:
Just. Play. The. Game. You can leave if you don't want it. (Seriously though, why would people play a game that's not favorable to them?)

Name In-Game: Attack Here
Alliances: Havoc Mastery (HM).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ilona wrote:
I'll try to explain how the matchmaking could be.

Imagine, you just start to play Supermechs. On level 1, you need to collect 3 stars to level up to 2. You gain a star by winning a match and you lose 1 when you lost a match [...] and you can play only vs your own level.

You won several times and are now on lvl 3. That means you need to win 5 matches in a row to become lvl 4, but when you lose a match you will go back to lvl 2.

That eliminates all multi issues, as multis can't play (often) against each other. One will always level up, while the other always will level down, so they can't play.

The weak players will be on the lower levels, while the good ones will be on higher levels and face other good players.

Its a very simple system.

I really appreciate you taking the time to discuss this and work on it, Ilona. I'm very happy that something is being done!

Just to be clear, will this ranking system run alongside the current weekly ladder or will it replace it? i.e. will it control only matchmaking and there will still be the same weekly competition for ladder points and medals?

Also, are the "levels" that you reference actually "matchmaking levels" and independent of your account's level and your mech's level? What I mean is that I have a level 30 account and often play with a level 15 mech. Would I now have a third "matchmaking level" that is determined by my win/loss success?

Also, does each loss set you back a full match making level? So I win 18 matches in a row and I'm level 5. I then lose 3 matches in a row. Am I all the way back on level 2 now? That sounds like it could really help if so.

You mentioned that would you only be matched with people who have the same matchmaking level. Does this mean that if there is no one else online at your match making level you simply can't play? If so, we are getting closer to preventing point dumping.

I really like the sounds of where this is going though. My only suggestion until I better understand the answers to my questions, is to still code in a hard stop point where two particular accounts get frozen out from facing each other for a period of time if a high frequency of matches occur between them. It may never be triggered under the proposed system but would exist as a fail-safe should someone engineer a way to circumvent the proposed system.

Check me out on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:44 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ogonna J6, J8 and etc. System is ok but you suddenly cant to reach gold medal and you spent a lot of money to the game ( Ogonna no but weird 15 medals) cause another mechs also start to pay for this game. Dont be sad!
Sytem is good! Who play nonstop will get medal! Its game! Its mostly for children! They have more time to play (sad but true)!

DONT CRY JUST PLAY! IT WAS YOUR CHOICE! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:11 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

1. I never spent a dime on this game

2. I actually have 18 medals. 2 gold and 1 bronze are on separate accounts ;)

3. My medals aren't "weird". I can win each and every week if I want to. I've hit 80,000 points - tell me that's not a record. If I'm trying, it's impossible to stop me.

4. I don't play much now because the game is boring. Worse than that, the community has turned ugly. There is no fun left in this game. Your boasting might tempt me to come back 1 week and run away with another gold medal. But why would I? I don't have to prove myself to a bunch of little kids.

5. Why are you trying to salvage your destroyed image? Who are you trying to fool? Everyone knows you, bestplayer and the other spula account share and LP farm like crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Out of curiosity, does this mean I will be forced to create a new mech as my ELO is razed Ilona. Say I start in the level 15 bracket, but I am razed to a level 23 bracket, does that mean I'll be fighting against level 23 mechs all the time?

If that is the case, you'll be forcing all players to fight at level 30 once they reach level 30, whether they like to or not. It's already difficult enough for players to fight at multiple levels once they've hit level 30, so I imagine this could upset quite a few players.

On top of this, players who aren't so strong at level 30 will be dropped levels. Their parts will no longer be able to be used because their level will be too low, which means they will be forced to buy new parts. During this period of time they will have a weak mech, without a fully built mech so will only drop in ranks further untill they hit the lowest level.

So will the ELO level be your fighting level, or something similar to your actual level that doesn't effect the way you choose to build your mech? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:46 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hi everyone!

We are currently working on a new ranking system that will hopefully put an end to cheats of any kind.

The new ranking system will work as follows:
You start at rank 20, and you need to win stars to progress to the next rank (19).
You gain a star by winning and lose a star by losing.
In order to get to rank 19 you need to earn 2 stars, and from 19 to 18 you need another 3. From 18 to 17 another 4... So from 2 to 1 you'll need another 20.
The weekly winners will be the players who won most battles in rank 1 in the current week.
The most important thing in this system is that you can only play against players who have a rank equal to yours +-1. So players will naturally find their proper place in the 20 different ranks.

I really hope that this system will block cheating because multi accounts wont be able to reach rank 1. They will be beaten by themselves and by other players. Also, players who use level 15 mechs to battles faster and earn a high rank will also find themselves below rank 1.

Let me know what you think,
Liran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:10 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Some initial thoughts....

Player A and Player B have won the requisite number of matches and are now rank 1. Couldn't Player A defeat Player B, wait for Player B to win another match to get back to rank 1, time a battle to be likely to face Player B, defeat Player B again, rinse and repeat?

Perhaps this could be overcome by using a fixed number of stars per rank but going back a full rank for each loss. i.e. start at rank 20, win 5 matches, go to rank 19, win 5 more matches, go to rank 18, lose 1 match, go back to rank 19, win 5 matches, go to rank 18...this way it would take a long time for players who want to deliberately lose to get back to a rank where they can face the beneficiary. If they lose two matches in a row they are now out of range and have to win 5 before they can get another 1. Of course, this only works if only matches AGAINST rank 1 opponents count toward the weekly tournament. Otherwise a "donator account" could easily stay at rank 2 and keep losing to a rank 1.

This could probably done with a smaller number of possible ranks than 20...maybe 10 or even fewer.

Another thought...wouldn't this force people to play level 30?

Check me out on YouTube!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

jtothepowerof8 wrote:
Some initial thoughts....

Player A and Player B have won the requisite number of matches and are now rank 1. Couldn't Player A defeat Player B, wait for Player B to win another match to get back to rank 1, time a battle to be likely to face Player B, defeat Player B again, rinse and repeat?

Perhaps this could be overcome by using a fixed number of stars per rank but going back a full rank for each loss. i.e. start at rank 20, win 5 matches, go to rank 19, win 5 more matches, go to rank 18, lose 1 match, go back to rank 19, win 5 matches, go to rank 18...this way it would take a long time for players who want to deliberately lose to get back to a rank where they can face the beneficiary. If they lose two matches in a row they are now out of range and have to win 5 before they can get another 1.

This could probably done with a smaller number of possible ranks than 20...maybe 10 or even fewer.

Another thought...wouldn't this force people to play level 30?

If I understand this system correctly, there will be no points. So even if player B losses a match to player A he will only be giving player A one win, rather than a couple k points like players with a high score are now. The effort for one win involved in this isn't nearly as beneficial as it is right now. If anything it will only slow any cheaters down to the point where they won't be able to contend against the top players.

One loss for a demotion is too much though. Not every game is winnable, even if most people would like a game to be that way. With any game type the mechanics of the game should encourage a player to try counter another player and that is the same in supermechs. To therefore punish a player so severely for losing just one match is unfair.

As for your last question, I'm assuming no, but I would like this one answered myself :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:26 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I see where you are coming from, Andy. But it would be pretty simple for Player B to lose one/win one/lose one/win one.

It does give Player C a greater opportunity to win more matches by not having to wait though.

It sounds like it is likely worth a try. I think modifying the system as presented by liran by making a win worth 1 star and a loss worth 2 is a good idea still. And I really hope that this doesn't force everyone to play level 30...

Check me out on YouTube!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next