It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Battle dawn app
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:11 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I see some apps for BD on google play store , are they for real. if not then why can't we have app for BD and BG, don't tell me its huge, coz there are like hell lot of game apps out there which use more bigger content then BD and BG, With each passing day we are seeing many big mmo games on apps too, i like this game thats why i stick around, would like to see devs working on these aspect to making this game more easily accessible to larger player base.

JUST A GAMER

Post subject: Re: Battle dawn app
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

yes plz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Wait what is BG? Battle Goal? O.o
Also app is available for ipads and phones that support adobe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 am 
Captain
Captain

BG is BattleGalaxy
raxcave download photon browser from google play store it works absolutely fine
devs tried making an app but at the end finished making WarLingo andriod game
on top of that devs now more concentrate on Supermechs
u can clearly see and analyze that , lowering population on bd worlds bg is almost dead it is counting its last breathe in ICU , no good updates

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i use puffin. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

if ur using a free version of puffin then i think there is a limited time flash i think 9am to 4 pm local time

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:25 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i use full version , you could always go on 4shared and download the full version apk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hitmo wrote:
BG is BattleGalaxy
raxcave download photon browser from google play store it works absolutely fine
devs tried making an app but at the end finished making WarLingo andriod game
on top of that devs now more concentrate on Supermechs
u can clearly see and analyze that , lowering population on bd worlds bg is almost dead it is counting its last breathe in ICU , no good updates

One after the other Hitmo ;)
WarLingo wasn't done to replace our plans of an app. Its a product of one of our devs which he did in his spare time!
Supermechs is now released as iPad version worldwide on iTunes, so another big task is done.
The problem with BD as app is, that its way to complex to bring it as it is to android or iOS. I can't say that we didn't try it. We did... many times. And we came to the conclusion that it will work only when its done from the scratch. New UI, new mechanics, no tick engine, simplified gameplay and so on.

Its NOT from the table at all!

Summertime was always an issue in terms of new players. Who would like to spend hours on a game, learning the game, having frustrating moments like losing your first op, when you can be with friends and just have a good time?
Wait till end of august and you'll see what I am talking about 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:
One after the other Hitmo ;)
WarLingo wasn't done to replace our plans of an app. Its a product of one of our devs which he did in his spare time!
Supermechs is now released as iPad version worldwide on iTunes, so another big task is done.
The problem with BD as app is, that its way to complex to bring it as it is to android or iOS. I can't say that we didn't try it. We did... many times. And we came to the conclusion that it will work only when its done from the scratch. New UI, new mechanics, no tick engine, simplified gameplay and so on.

Its NOT from the table at all!

Summertime was always an issue in terms of new players. Who would like to spend hours on a game, learning the game, having frustrating moments like losing your first op, when you can be with friends and just have a good time?
Wait till end of august and you'll see what I am talking about 8-)

Have you thought about releasing a simplified version to begin with? While the whole gameplay would be great, I think something small would work so people aren't totally stuck when they can't get on.

For example:

The first screen you will see. Obviously here to log on in to your account and select your world.

Main menu:
The menu you will see right after logging on. Here there will be the different options will you will be to control in game.

Options
Resources:
Fairly simple, check your resources.

Buildings:
Check which buildings you have bought and be able to buy a new building given you have the resources.

Recruit:
Have the ability to recruit units in your colony or your TB.

Army:
Manage your army. Move units over in to different squads, create new squads and the ability to rename your squads.

Incoming:
Check your incoming. This one I feel is essential for the recruit, as it is risky to build units while totally in the dark. With this, while you don't get to see any of the map, you have an idea of what's being attacked.
Something with this that I feel maybe be needed is the incoming alliance tag, just so you have a clearer idea of who's attacking.

Check your messages and reply to messages.

Alliance
Opens up another list of options. If you're not in an alliance, this could be marked as red, indicating you can't select it.

Alliance chat:
Just the alliance chat so you can talk to your alliance. Not sure if this would be too tricky though.

Alliance management:
Check player resources and activity.

Share resources:
Send players resources.

Rankings
Player ranking:
What is says

Alliance ranking:
What it says

HoF ranking:
What is says

Having something like this would be very similar to your warlingo game. While it's not the whole of battledawn in an app, it's enough to keep you going when you don't have access to a computer for a while. I still understand the difficulty of doing this, however I feel with this you won't need to start from scratch so it could be a good starting point. Then if you do start working from scratch coding the full game, quite a bit of the work will already be done for you with this app :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Thank you for your thoughts but an app like that wouldn't work well in terms of benefits/costs.

It would most likely attract only players who already play BD and no new ones.
Doing an app nowadays means to spend a crazy amount of money to add good graphics, an entertaining gameplay, an appealing UI, marketing strategies, QA testing, ... oh god, I think I could add 100 more points.

And its only worth the effort when you think big. Reaching out to have 1 million active players daily.
This can honestly not being achieved with BD as it is now.

So investors needs to be found and contracts negotiated and lawyers hired.
Its a BIG task.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next