It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Super Mechs game design is flawed and needs a boost
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:29 am 
Corporal
Corporal

First I'm not complaining, but just observing.

If I play correctly, I beat most average players, but if I can't get same items as top players I can't beat the top players, so I'm stuck somewhere in the middle - obviously it gets kinda boring.

I know who I can beat and I know who I can't beat - and that from one single look at the other player. Smacking down the same poor bastards has become routine lol...

The game lacks something that can give anyone a chance to win, so every fight can have unexpected events. Right now it's is all about the gear, once you got it you will just settle somewhere on the ladder like a submarine at some depth. And that is just boring.

Post subject: Re: Super Mechs game design is flawed and needs a boost
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Who are you? I'm just curious.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I have to agree to this (as a player, not an observer).

I currently dominate level 16 (win the majority of my matches, even against top players unless I make a mistake) and have been doing since the new update came out. Unfortunately I'm stuck at level 16 because I can't get the parts for level 30 and very little will change for the competition at my level because very few people can get the parts I own. I keep getting the same legendary items (3 rail guns, 3 apocalypse mark 3, 7 harpoon mark IV) and nothing else.

Because of this I log on to supermechs once every month or so now. I play for a day and hit 5k points no problem. When I get bored I try whatever I get at level 30 and just get slaughtered by the heat/physical builds up there, which is the majority. I find myself back at 1k points and I really am bored of fighting at level 16.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:31 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Yes something should be done about the level/matching system since currently there are basically 3 different 'farming' levels
(15 18 & 23) where you can become very strong with the epic & legendary items, and almost unbeatable by others on the same level, unless they have those items too.

At level 15 it is very easy to farm all the beginners, (i don't think it's as bad as it used to be in the old version tho) but still all the levels between these 'strong points' should be given a better chance to compete.
I play currently at level 15/16 range with mostly epic gear and there are only a handful of players i cant beat/can only beat with luck.
Level 30 solves this problem with the shotgun weapon that gives anyone using it a chance to beat anyone, when they get lucky with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:41 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

leciufut wrote:
First I'm not complaining, but just observing.

If I play correctly, I beat most average players, but if I can't get same items as top players I can't beat the top players, so I'm stuck somewhere in the middle - obviously it gets kinda boring.

I know who I can beat and I know who I can't beat - and that from one single look at the other player. Smacking down the same poor bastards has become routine lol...

The game lacks something that can give anyone a chance to win, so every fight can have unexpected events. Right now it's is all about the gear, once you got it you will just settle somewhere on the ladder like a submarine at some depth. And that is just boring.

I agree and don't agree.
If someone is willing to pay real money to get legendary items then he should have a slight advantage. Why else would they pay money towards the game? How do the developers create a money flow to help develop the game?

I have well over 100 legendary items. I've also been playing for a long time. Most of my builds only have 2-4 legendary items included. The rest is made up of epic, rare, or normal items. Its more about tactics and finding a build that beats the people you loose to. You cant expect to beat them if you use the exact same build and tactics.

It does get boring fighting the same people over and over and using the exact same moves to win. But that's not supermechs fault. Its the players faults. I have been gone for 3 months and recently started playing again. From what i can tell, everyone just looks at the images from the top players and then tries to copy those builds. No one takes the time or brain power to come up with their own builds. It takes me 5 min to put together a build that beats all the newbs copying successful players. Although sometimes i spend hours or days coming up with new builds and tweaks to help me win. More people need to do this. It's the point of the game in my high opinion. But everyone is so scared to mess up their win/loss ratio so they just copy others.

What can supermechs do to help? I think they should remove the image from the ladders of your mech. What do they show then.. hmm, how about people get to pick from a bunch of icons on what they want others to see. Obviously this isn't a fix all, people can still watch replays and copy. But it would help a little.

The game is flawed. Its in beta. It has been for as long as i can remember. Its helpful to criticize but offer some advice as well. Offer some idea's that could help make the game better.

I plan on playing more again and seeing how some of the changes have effected the game. I normally play at lvl 30. I do have a few random lvl mechs as well but the lower levels are just way to easy, no real fight, and that's why most people play at 16, 18, 23 ... very few great players.

I am happy to help anyone who has questions or elaborate on anything I've said here. If you have a question let me know.
~Lorinser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:10 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

leciufut

if you are level 30. Play level 30. The beauty of the game now is that there is a huge random element to it. here is the important part.... There is not ultimate set up. You need to be prepared to change your set up. I find as the week goes one the players vary from fire bots to physical bots.

I suggest you pick the hardest player that always beats you and build a bot specifically to beat them. It is totally possible and super fun when you whoop that... butt... you will find that with that set up you will lose to others you beat all the time.

In short, there is no prime set up anymore. Anyone can beat anyone. Have fun with that concept.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Fordekash wrote:
leciufut

if you are level 30. Play level 30. The beauty of the game now is that there is a huge random element to it. here is the important part.... There is not ultimate set up. You need to be prepared to change your set up. I find as the week goes one the players vary from fire bots to physical bots.

I suggest you pick the hardest player that always beats you and build a bot specifically to beat them. It is totally possible and super fun when you whoop that... butt... you will find that with that set up you will lose to others you beat all the time.

In short, there is no prime set up anymore. Anyone can beat anyone. Have fun with that concept.

I wish this were true, however getting the parts required to counter one of the stronger players is very difficult. Requires a lot of grinding and luck, which slightly ruins the game.

I've been playing SM for a long time now. There were times I could spend hours a day playing SM and there was always something I could change up and the game would still be interesting. Right now though all I am doing is grinding for item boxes that I'm receiving poor items for. I currently dominate at level 16, so it is very easy for to grind. However when I try change it up and head over to level 30 I find the items I have just can't compete.

The items I have obtained have allowed me to build an energy build mech and a physical build mech. My first problem is I despise the torso I own (Galaxus Model C) as the regen and cooldown is far too low which makes you so vulnerable to energy or heat mechs (even with 5 energy/heat modules). The spider appeals a lot more to me as the stats seem a lot stronger to the way I play, however I can't get it.
Then comes to the weapons. My energy build was fairly strong, not as strong as the best but still I was able to win a few matches with the build. This was only because pretty much all energy items are available in the shop without having to purchase any item boxes, so you have the flexibility to play around with an energy build. Unfortunately at the time though a lot of players were playing energy builds, built a lot better than mine. From experience I knew I struggled to beat physical builds with an energy build so I tried that out. This is where I came across all sorts of problems. The items I had received through item boxes always seemed to have a better version. Having to equip bullets to my build meant I had to throw away energy/heat modules which I really couldn't afford to do. No matter how much I played around with this build, nothing worked because I simply don't have enough strong physical items to make the build work and I kept getting the same items in the item boxes.
As far as heat builds go, I've never received many heat items through item boxes, so I've never had enough parts to play around with this :(

So for me I'm stuck right now as there are builds I would love to try out at level 30 to see if they work but I simply can't get the parts for it. I end up grinding back at level 16 because it's the quickest way for me to make SM, to find the item boxes I'm getting still don't give the items I want to play around with. The game has become too repetitive for me now and as much as I still love the game, once I fight a few mechs I lose the motivation to play as I've been doing the same thing on the game for months now with no change and very little reward.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]