It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Short story contest results!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

The results are in for the short story contest!

Here we go:

In 3rd place is:

Spoiler:
Get1 with his entry

Child: Teacher, why do we use BattleDawn?

Teacher: Until about 7000 years ago, countries used to fight each other for real. We nearly became extinct after World War 6. Soon after “The Day Of Enlightenment” when “Mother Internet” became self-aware, she became worried that we would indeed become extinct and there’d be no-one to repair her or supply her with power. Using superior intellect she persuaded all the governments of Earth to settle their disputes by “other means”. The governments couldn't agree how to settle disputes though. We nearly chose a game called “Chess” but it was too limited and only two people could fight at a time. Then “Mother Internet” found BattleDawn deep within her matrix and everyone agreed it would be the perfect “Real War Substitute”.

Child: But “Mother Internet” doesn't need us to repair her or give her power!

Teacher: She needed our help when she was silicon based, and after her thought processors moved to being biological.
Now that she’s no longer biological based and uses stars to power her vast network, I think she sticks around because she likes helping humans. We still have countries because our race can’t seem to shake the tribal instinct so we still have disputes that need to be settled. We never went back to “real war” because BattleDawn’s such a fantastic way of settling disputes.

Child: Is that why all the alien races we've encountered have been asking for BattleDawn? So they too can live in peace?

THE END

2nd Place is:

Spoiler:
Andy with his entry

The year was around 3500. Dates were lost in the war the left earth in ruins. Governments were destroyed, cities ruined. Those that didn't flee to mars or travel back in time to a better world were left on earth to build up their own colonies. The world was a miserable place.

Tick 1. The being known as the Godmin came to exist in a glorious pyramid. He gave the world a purpose to carry on living. His only message, "compete for supremacy." He handed out blueprints for all sorts of military needs and hid himself back in his pyramid, never to be seen again. To this day nobody knows what his true purpose was. Was he looking to re-establish the old earth, was he a messenger of god? The most common rumour, however, is that this was all just a game to him.

None-the-less the people rallied behind his message and armed themselves ready for combat. Alliances were forged, peace treaties were made, tensions rose until the inevitable happened...

Tick 2500. The Godmin has arose from his pyramid and is displeased with the results of his doing. He has threatened to eradicate all powers and put the world back in to the miserable state he found it. The only questions floating around now is what had the humans done wrong? How could they better their efforts from their first try? Who are the people with the ability to change the world?

And finally 1st place is......

Spoiler:
TorturedZealot with his entry

Earth. But not how we used to know it. 15 years after the mysterious alien race known as the 'Nataisa' saved humanity and every living being on Earth from certain extinction.. We have gone back to our greedy human ways.

Wars rage throughout the planet, with 'warlords' as they are known building their colonies in strategic locations, and researching military hardware, or sending out scouts to find old weaponry stashes, at an alarming rate. The colony I have been forced to reside in is self sustainable too.. Which makes it all the more scary. Everywhere I've been in this hellhole of a place, led only by a power hungry psychopath, has been used for military purposes. My family and I fear for our lives. We are meant to be 'protected'.. but does protection mean sleeping outside in the cold, while professors take our houses and research new ways to kill people? Does it also include only eating these new fruits the Nataisa left.. which are meant to cause neural degeneration in humans? No. We need to get out of this place.

But unfortunately only the 'warlords' have absolute control. In teams of 10, they strive to collect these mysterious old but technologically advanced ships, known as 'relics.' They will stop at nothing to get their prize. These relics apparently hold the key.. the key to rebuilding Earth.

Thank you to all entrants we all really enjoyed reading them!

Tokens will be awarded as soon as possible.

Thank you very much and I hope to see all of you participate in future contests. :)

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

Post subject: Re: Short story contest results!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:22 am 
Captain
Captain

Congratulations to all the winners
hope to see more such contests

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:46 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

but but/////

2 of them are compositions not stories :(

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:07 am 
Captain
Captain

kavita39 wrote:
but but/////

2 of them are compositions not stories :(

For ur knowledge kavita composition is vast , it includes essay , story writting etc. Still there is a debate going on this
English is britisters language kavita and ads it better at it then rest

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Congrats

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:08 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

:D This is a confidence boost for my exams.. Thanks guys

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:29 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

why is it that the 3rd one is over 250 words >.> I feel like you guys just did it so I could not win I see now you can go over 250 words but k maybe some people should learn how to count.

#AdminGreeny2014

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:34 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

GreenDayIsBack1 wrote:
why is it that the 3rd one is over 250 words >.> I feel like you guys just did it so I could not win I see now you can go over 250 words but k maybe some people should learn how to count.

even without him, ur story wouldn't win anyway

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:15 am 
Captain
Captain

aister wrote:
GreenDayIsBack1 wrote:

even without him, ur story wouldn't win anyway

Aister tats not the rude way u treat ur contestants

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

If you were to do a word count to verify

Get1 entry has exactly 250 words including THE END

Andy entry has 242 words

TorturedZealot entry has 227 words

If you have more questions feel free to message me about the results and I will be happy to answer any questions

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next