It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie Plan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Sylis wrote:
In the link number three, the number 11 guy explains why melee weapons are *CENSORED*. Your swinging and slashing with blood spurting everywhere, your bound to have cuts on you, and in typical zombie fashion blood and spit are infectious.

1: platemail
2: read my plan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:55 am 
Captain
Captain

Plan A : Get to my grandparents place , where there are no civilization and i can grow my own food!
Plan B : Cant go there , go to Camp Davis.
Plan C : Cant go there , go the Moscow and just kill zombies
Plan D : Cant go there , go to outer-space and colonize Mars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:57 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bravo Kevin very nice

Thanks for teh siggy Rotag

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 am 
Captain
Captain

sylis, although the virus may manipulate more neurons, the ability for said virus to actually control the neurons is extremely limited as viruses have simple genetic coding which is part of why they are so awesome.

vrisues arent considered life as they require a host cell. i highly doubt a hive mind can occur with a mind like homo sapiens. and the ability for the virus to actually "control" intellect makes no sense what so ever since the virus itself is "dumb"

far more likely version of the zombie would be a virus that taps into the spinal chord that simply releases messages to feed which are so overpoweringly strong, they over ride other bodily thought. while one can resist for a while, said messages would become too irresistible, the body feels too hungry and the human would then bite another human (think rabies). this raises the question of zombies gradually ripping each other apart. maybe a marker like smell given off by zombies or a low frequency sound given off in the vocal chords can be what the zombies use to distinguish where the virus may now propagate and with the world in flames, perhaps no one will find that a simple stereo with a disk on loop emitting a buzz can mean zombies leave you alone or a perfume allows you to walk freely between them.

if a virus is the cause for alarm, it would be similiar to rabies and the mind is too clouded by the sensation to attack another human, perhaps motor body functions are impaired resulting in a gait or limp but if the prey is close in sight, maybe the zombie can show some intellect by overcoming obstacles in order to reach the prize perhaps even putting more effort in and running a short distance.

the human body would begin to turn to mush without the vital thingys but i think you are taking the zombie thing a tad too seriously.
if resident evil thing happens, well we are all screwed now arent we :D

i would say that the rabies means the human has a need to survive and a need to bite, this means they would drink but at the same time they will hunt. and i dont know about you, but an intellectually and slightly physically handicapped human cant hunt well... they can mob though. and mob like zombies they do hunting easy targets like... OTHER HUMANS. (or domesticated animals like pets)

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:00 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

If you ready the first link you'd understand. I really dont understand all of your hesitance to read it. It's actually hilarious. Cracked is a comedy site.

Excerpt:

Toxoplasmosa Gondii

This bug infects rats, but can only breed inside the intestines of a cat. The parasite knows it needs to get the rat inside the cat so the parasite takes over the rat's freaking brain, and intentionally makes it scurry toward where the cats hang out. The rat is being programmed to get itself eaten, and it doesn't even know.

Of course, those are just rats, right?

How it can result in zombies:
Hey, did we mention that half the human population on Earth is infected with toxoplasmosa, and don't know it? Hey, maybe you're one of them. Flip a coin.

Oh, also, they've done studies and shown that the infected see a change in their personality and have a higher chance of going (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) insane.

Chances this could cause a zombie apocalypse:
Humans and rats aren't all that different; thats why they use them to test our drugs. All it takes is a more evolved version of toxoplasmosa, one that could to do us what it does to the rats. So, imagine if half the world suddenly had no instinct for self-preservation or rational thought. Even less than they do now, we mean.

If you're comforting yourself with the thought that it may take forever for such a parasite to evolve, you're forgetting about all the biological weapons programs around the world, intentionally weaponizing such bugs. You've got to wonder if the lab workers don't carry out their work under the unwitting command of the toxoplasmosa gondii already in their brains. If you don't want to sleep at night, that is.

You may be protesting that technically these people have never been dead and thus don't fit the dictionary definition of "zombies," but we can assure you that the distinction won't matter a whole lot once these groaning hordes are clawing their way through your windows.

Nanobots

What are they?
Nanobots are a technology that science apparently engineered to make you terrified of the future. We're talking about microscopic, self-replicating robots that can invisbily build--or destroy--anything. Vast sums of money are being poured into nanotechnology. Sure, at some level scientists know nanobots will destroy mankind. They just can't resist seeing how it happens.

How it can result in zombies:
Scientists have already created a nano-cyborg, by fusing a tiny silicone chip to a virus. The first thing they found out is these cyborgs can still operate for up to a month after the death of the host. Notice how nano scientists went right for zombification, even at this early stage. They know where the horror is.

According to studies, within a decade they'll have nanobots that can crawl inside your brain and set up neural connections to replace damaged ones. That's right; the nanobots will be able to rewire your thoughts. What could possibly go wrong?

Chances this could cause a zombie apocalypse:
Do the math, people.

Some day there will be nanobots in your brain. Those nanobots will be programmed to keep functioning after you die. They can form their own neural pathways, meaning they can use your brain to keep operating your limbs after you've deceased and, presumably, right up until you rot to pieces in mid-stride.

The nanobots will be programmed to self-replicate, and the death of the host will mean the end of the nanobots. To preserve themselves, they'd need to transfer to a new host. Therefore, the last act of the nanobot zombie would be to bite a hole in a healthy victim, letting the nanobots steam in and set up camp in the new host. Once in, they can shut down the part of the brain that resists (the cortex) and leave the brain stem intact. They will have added a new member to the unholy army of the undead.

Now, it should be more than clear by this point that our goal is to be responsible researchers. We don't want to create a panic here. All we're saying is that on an actual day on the actual calendar in the future, runaway microscopic nanobots will end civilization by flooding the planet with the cannabalistic undead.

Science has proven it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:56 am 
Captain
Captain

Sylis you fool, of course i wont read it, i will outwit you, not the link!

Quote:
Humans and rats aren't all that different; thats why they use them to test our drugs.

thats because we have similar immune systems. they can test whether or not there would be a violent reaction to drugs.
besides toxoplasmosa gondii is basic, the rat is merely attracted to the scent rather then run away, hardly the "LETS BE SMARTER AND SHIFTY AND ACT NORMAL" kind of zombies you proposed before.

nanobots is interesting, perhaps sentience gives them a will to "live" but at the same time, if they can perform all those functions, im sure the better option would be for them to change the protein blocks in their RNA coding to allow them to use other things which arent human and dont fight back.

in short. you are silly, think for yourself. :D

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:40 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sarcasm & Condescendence. My god ducky do you have ANY other ideas in your repertoire. The point of me posting the links was so everyone would understand the context of the conversation. You just wanna stick fingers in your ears and hope for cheap laughs apparently. I should have suspected as much.

Quote:
thats because we have similar immune systems. they can test whether or not there would be a violent reaction to drugs.
besides toxoplasmosa gondii is basic, the rat is merely attracted to the scent rather then run away, hardly the "LETS BE SMARTER AND SHIFTY AND ACT NORMAL" kind of zombies you proposed before.

Had you read the article you'd know they were citing an example that already exists, a mutation could occur giving it a new set of programming.

Quote:
nanobots is interesting, perhaps sentience gives them a will to "live" but at the same time, if they can perform all those functions, im sure the better option would be for them to change the protein blocks in their RNA coding to allow them to use other things which arent human and dont fight back.

Of course, the logical choice would obviously be for them to alter protein blocks a few million times smaller than they are. Less star trek faux science ducky?

Quote:

What? Seriously? Exactly how many times have you linked off site material, and based entire discussions off of it? This is becoming a flame war. Please try to refrain from posting in this thread again unless you have something to contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 am 
Captain
Captain

Sylis wrote:
Sarcasm & Condescendence. My god ducky do you have ANY other ideas in your repertoire. The point of me posting the links was so everyone would understand the context of the conversation. You just wanna stick fingers in your ears and hope for cheap laughs apparently. I should have suspected as much.

what else would you expect from ducky? intelligent breakthroughs in discussion? who are you kidding :3 ?

Quote:

Had you read the article you'd know they were citing an example that already exists, a mutation could occur giving it a new set of programming.

but their logic behind it is borderline stupid.
such a mutation means the common cold has roughly an equal chance of starting worldwide zombification. im still going for advanced form of rabies.
they cite evidence, they note how ATP release from mitochondria breaking down chemicals for energy is necessary, they put up a pretense of intellect then put some "assumptions" forth hoping the gullible would eat it up :3 nom nom nom.

how about rabies? its effects are best seen in dogs, such effects can occur in humans given the right circumstances resulting in a blood hungry pack of humans frothing at the mouth wanting to bite other humans.

Quote:

Of course, the logical choice would obviously be for them to alter protein blocks a few million times smaller than they are. Less star trek faux science ducky?

wait what? they can self replicate? they can haz hive mind? they can manipulate and change neuron cells in a manner beyond human capabilities (otherwise we augment ourselves and outsmart the buggers with innovation) but they cant build a new race of themselves from the ground up to ensure "life" after humans have been exhausted... nice... really.

Quote:

What? Seriously? Exactly how many times have you linked off site material, and based entire discussions off of it? This is becoming a flame war. Please try to refrain from posting in this thread again unless you have something to contribute.

you lack points (IMO), i have rebuted. contribution yet to be made.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Quote:
such a mutation means the common cold has roughly an equal chance of starting worldwide zombification.

Making up statistics again ducky? I really doubt you've done the research to prove your hypothesis.

Quote:
im still going for advanced form of rabies.
they cite evidence, they note how ATP release from mitochondria breaking down chemicals for energy is necessary, they put up a pretense of intellect then put some "assumptions" forth hoping the gullible would eat it up :3 nom nom nom.

Ugh, Pseudo insults. Beyond that I don't see the point you were trying to make in this paragraph.

Quote:
how about rabies? its effects are best seen in dogs, such effects can occur in humans given the right circumstances resulting in a blood hungry pack of humans frothing at the mouth wanting to bite other humans.

Rabies is fatal to humans, after symptoms. The only thing I think would result in biting, is delirium. Or are you saying its a mutated for that doesn't kill humans?

Quote:
wait what? they can self replicate? they can haz hive mind? they can manipulate and change neuron cells in a manner beyond human capabilities (otherwise we augment ourselves and outsmart the buggers with innovation) but they cant build a new race of themselves from the ground up to ensure "life" after humans have been exhausted... nice... really.

Yes, nanobots replicate themselves as programmed, alter neuron as programmed, building a new race of nanobots from the ground up....not so much. That seems like pretty obvious one ducky.

It's like saying,"We can fly into space, we can get a man on the moon, but we still can't blow up the sun? That's just stupid."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:05 am 
Captain
Captain

Sylis wrote:
Quote:
such a mutation means the common cold has roughly an equal chance of starting worldwide zombification.

Making up statistics again ducky? I really doubt you've done the research to prove your hypothesis.

lets compare.
both are viruses. both seem to be well tuned to humans.
the common cold mutates extremely fast due to its abundance. no point vaccinating as it will be immune by the time you release the vaccination.
lets see your lame little virus. it makes rats run towards the smell of cats.

do i see zombification? do i see anything that resembles zombification. no, i see a bunch of rats being stupid and simply following an impulse to follow a smell, much like they would follow the smell of cheese.

the mutations you are calling for seem over the top, so over the top, i would put money on the cold virus with its sheer numbers and thus, increased rates of random mutation to pull it off.

Quote:
im still going for advanced form of rabies.

Ugh, Pseudo insults. Beyond that I don't see the point you were trying to make in this paragraph.

that what you cited is thinly veiled BS.

Quote:

Rabies is fatal to humans, after symptoms. The only thing I think would result in biting, is delirium. Or are you saying its a mutated for that doesn't kill humans?

of course thats what im saying, its more likely too as rabies can then pass on and manifest and reproduce in another organism (human). makes somewhat natural selection sense.

Quote:

Yes, nanobots replicate themselves as programmed, alter neuron as programmed, building a new race of nanobots from the ground up....not so much. That seems like pretty obvious one ducky.

wtf? you said, they had access to human info and could control humans. if nanobots could perform such complex tasks surely they have the same amount of expertise as humans (if not more) to build a new legion of nanobots?
to accurately control and alter neurons requires a fair amount of know how. know-how on a molecular scale. and you say they can do that but not form basic proteins by stringing amino acids together... wow...

It's like saying,"We can fly into space, we can get a man on the moon, but we still can't blow up the sun? That's just stupid."
lame analogy. its more of a "We can fly into space, we can get man on the moon, but we still can't build a rocketship? wait wtf? i smell bad logic... it smells funny :3

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next