It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: BattleDawn has been updated!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:05 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

does it seem a little uncharactoristic for the staff to implement an update durring current erra's ?
this decision seems to have come from maybe michael or something , and wether or not it is the case , why the sudden back peddle and making it for excisting erra's ?

normally it only applys after an erra has restarted .. kinda strange ?!?!?! , and also after the adm's and staff spent so much time and effort defending the orignal change to just give a flimsy explanation and switch it back with little to (NO) say about it .. it dosnt make sence .

I for one am not happy with this .. unfortunetly this decision has burst my bubble and crushed my new found interest in playing again .

Thanks for the big tease , nice hat trick , i fell for it . :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:20 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I told you the previous update would fail. And look here I was right again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:25 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

RunnerChase wrote:
does it seem a little uncharactoristic for the staff to implement an update durring current erra's ?
this decision seems to have come from maybe michael or something , and wether or not it is the case , why the sudden back peddle and making it for excisting erra's ?

normally it only applys after an erra has restarted .. kinda strange ?!?!?! , and also after the adm's and staff spent so much time and effort defending the orignal change to just give a flimsy explanation and switch it back with little to (NO) say about it .. it dosnt make sence .

I for one am not happy with this .. unfortunetly this decision has burst my bubble and crushed my new found interest in playing again .

Thanks for the big tease , nice hat trick , i fell for it . :lol:

As a mentor and a player I have to agree with this. Its shady, and I lost all interest in playing again. A tease infact, a short tease. I wasted my time defending the removal. Now I'm done. I tip my hat BD.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:51 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

come on this rule IS rubbish

if u want blues.... learn to win them not relax and get them

come on people

remove

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

:( If they insist on bringing back prizes for 2nd and 3rd they should have done it only for new eras. They should have let the current eras play out with 1st prize only. Then they could have at least compared the two. :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:56 pm 
News Team
News Team

Sunit wrote:

How did it fail when a majority of servers saw an increase of competition?

The point wasn't to kill friend dawn, it was to increase the amount of competition.. which is what happened.

How do the rank 2/3 prizes help Battle Dawn? You're sitting here saying you looked at data Ilona, but what kind of data could you have on an update you never even let last for a continuous era?

I guess I won't be playing this game anymore. This was a total let down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Lolowut wrote:
Sunit wrote:

How did it fail when a majority of servers saw an increase of competition?

The point wasn't to kill friend dawn, it was to increase the amount of competition.. which is what happened.

How do the rank 2/3 prizes help Battle Dawn? You're sitting here saying you looked at data Ilona, but what kind of data could you have on an update you never even let last for a continuous era?

I guess I won't be playing this game anymore. This was a total let down.

Well Kenny, it obviously failed if they are reverting to the previous update.
But I disagree, I think for majority of players its better to have 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

Big boosters would monopolize bd unless you have a nice stack of blues. And im not saying you cant win a world without tokens, but they are a huge advantage if they match or exceed a non booster alliance's activity.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Boosting creates an illusion of invincibility to a majority of the world, this makes teams scared. Combining this with giving teams that aren't winning something to lose, creates the perfect storm for a booster monopoly. The whole argument that the removal of blues for #2 and #3 harms non-boosters is complete and utter nonsense, as proven before in BD OC which had plenty of boosting and no rewards whatsoever and still had plenty of non boosters winning.

What the #2 and #3 rewards directly cause, are alliances that are afraid of losing their blue token farm thus comply with the #1. I find it saddening that opposed to seeing what happens once this is out of their system, it is reintroduced the moment people cry bit.

You think you're helping yourself by farming blue tokens? Go picture this. There's teams every time you try to play doing this. And they'l pick the biggest guns - and those are red boosters, not blue ones. You want a win? Go for #1. Give this game some action. Make it INTERESTING and earn your victory. Even if you don't win 9/10 times, you'll have better and more fun eras and create a better game for everyone. People who play eras to get blues, opposed to win, are precisely the cancer that ruins this game.

No vision, no direction. Seriously disappointed guys, this isn't just poor decision making - this is a Tacticsoft showing no backbone whatsoever. One day you implement something, the other day you remove it. Nothing good ever came easy, yet the moment something doesn't, you reverse it.

As such, opposed to taking risks and finding solutions, you settle for a slow but steady decline.

You can not see the long term effects of any strategical decision before a community gets the chance to adapt to it. I'll draw a comparison, considering it seems you're feeling quite daft.

-> Losing a battle
-> Decide to try and break out
-> 3 soldiers die as you break out
-> Retreat and continue losing the battle.

No matter what one might think of the strategy, not giving the strategy you choose the time to at least see the full extent of effects is just utterly daft and frankly, it's really, really dumb. You just lost a lot of credibility, respect and face.

Battle Dawn gained nothing from this obsession with tokens, I've never heard of an alliance making this game more interesting by going for #2, nor have I ever heard of an alliance going for #1 that finishes #2 except for the odd, extremely exceptional occasion. If you want to reward the second best teams, perhaps be a bit more original and find a way to reward battles. But hey - we all know that will never happen.

./Going to log off before I find myself swearing and telling staff to stick it up there. Whomever made this decision: Go F*** yourself.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 am 
Private
Private

When?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3