It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Help us please! Balance of items
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hi Pilots!

We noticed that some of the items are not that good balanced at this moment.
And who could do it better than you, the players!
So this thread is ONLY for your suggestions: Please don't spam it, please stay reasonable and add only the stats here.

Example:

Liranium level 30 currently 40-56 damage should have 45 - 61

(I know, its tempting to make your own favorite weapons OP..... just don't do it 8-))

Post subject: Re: Help us please! Balance of items
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:35 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I noticed there is no electrical top weapon on the market for level 30. Maybe it could help ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Ilona wrote:
Hi Pilots!

We noticed that some of the items are not that good balanced at this moment.
And who could do it better than you, the players!
So this thread is ONLY for your suggestions: Please don't spam it, please stay reasonable and add only the stats here.

Example:

Liranium level 30 currently 40-56 damage should have 45 - 61

(I know, its tempting to make your own favorite weapons OP..... just don't do it 8-))

I would like to see some 2-4 range w/knockback energy weapons in the upper level ranges. Also maybe a weapon or two that deal 50-65 energy loss... Heat has theirs with the new Infernos dealing 65 heat... wheres the love for the Blues?

U.S.Omni-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Dear Ilona, I don't think this will work... My suggestion is to simply make a set of items for each level and increase their power according with a formula. Right now items are way too messed up for players to give correct modding.

For example there are many items that have same damage but they are different levels, obviously I would choose the least expensive one and use the higher level ones to give more power to the fusion.

And some items simply spike from a level to the next, usually levels that give new cockpits are game changers, e.g lvl 17 can hardly beat lvl 18, cuz lvl 18 gets new set of cockpits (excluding noobs ofc)

Suggestion/Example: using math formula, you set attack range of physical weapons for a level. Then set attack range of heat weapons to 60% of physical weapons + the heat. Then set attack range of energy weapons to 80% of physical weapons + energy damage. At the end, you start tweaking items a bit so they don't all look the same. Only then you can start asking players for balancing, right now there's not much to balance, cuz balancing one item will unbalance another one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:17 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

More level 30 torsos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Change the mechanics for shotgun X. The difference from low to high damage it can deal is too great. Just causes games to be won by luck if a user has them

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:00 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Andy wrote:
Change the mechanics for shotgun X. The difference from low to high damage it can deal is too great. Just causes games to be won by luck if a user has them

I actually disagree. I like the Shotgun X and i have learned not to rely on it to win a match. True that you can win with luck, but in the reverse you can also lose a battle because of it if it hits critically low when you need it. I think more skill is required by a player because of weapons like this as they actually make you consider multiple options in battle.

example: You have one more turn to finish your opponent or you will surly be dead their next round and they have 75ish HP. You are at range 1 and sword has been used, do you use shotgun? No, you stomp and let the drone finish them. [this example comes up with me quite often is why i chose it]

I would actually like to see more weapons similar to this at different ranges. The concept actually gives a sense of "evasion maneuvers" to the Mechs rather then them just standing there and "taking the hits" so to speak.

And speaking of evasion maneuvers, what about adding some sort of evasion or defensive mechanic to the game to balance offence and defense... rather then balancing the weapons so much. This game is much more offensive then defensive and that could be a place to work on the balance of the game as well. I understand that we have defense in terms of kits and resistances as well is shields and energy draining, but i was thinking something along the lines as a defense option to cut damage by a percentage on the next turn at the cost of one off your turns. This game could possibly be considered a Role Playing PvP Genre game, and most Role Playing Games have an option to actually defend for a character on the next turn.

Also, maybe more weapons geared towards defense rather then offense.

Just My Two Cents As Usual... [You Guys Will Be Rich Of My Two Cents If I Keep This Up... lol]

Thank You

U.S.Omni-1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I do see a need of some OP weapons and some weapons with a lower damage even when they are higher (lvl)
My point is that we have some weapons which are really a lot overpowered. And this needs to be fixed.

Also every suggestion is really helpfully for us.
So keep it coming :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:32 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

Ilona wrote:
I do see a need of some OP weapons and some weapons with a lower damage even when they are higher (lvl)
My point is that we have some weapons which are really a lot overpowered. And this needs to be fixed.

Also every suggestion is really helpfully for us.
So keep it coming :)

How about making the max BASE damage limit 100 hp for weapons that currently exceed that number.
[not counting negative resistance and fusion bonus... these may still allow it to go over 100.]

Do this for level 30 weapons, and adjust the weapons according to the same ratio as there levels get lower.

ex. level 30 - max 100, level 20 - max 70, level 10 - max 40, level 1 - max 10.
After that adjust all the in-between levels to the same ratio. And then at any time the level cap may get increased, level 40 can be 130, level 50 @ 160, etc...

basically its +30 max base damage for every 10 levels.

U.S.Omni-1

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next