It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: help
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:47 am 
Private
Private

My friend said he's on, and Ive seen other people I know online aswell but when I come on it pops up with Under Maitencance, but hows its working for others but not me?

Im new to the game btw, I only joined today~

Post subject: Re: help
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:41 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Hello and welcome to the game and the forums. :)

To deal with your issue you should try clearing your cache and cookies and if that doesn't work you should try using a different browser.

Also as you are new to the game I recommend visiting Adopt a newb center (AANC) where you will be assigned to a mentor to fit your needs and they will help you master the game.

The link to AANC can be found here viewtopic.php?f=401&t=1036

Any further questions or problems with this particular issue message back straight away and we will try to deal with it as quickly as possible. ;)

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:52 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

This time I really have interfere:
First of all, I want to get something straight, clearing caches and cookies is just a waste of time because I am a player who always receives the "Server is under maitenance, please try later" message knowing that whatever the server is, it is definitely not under maintenance.
If you wish not having to deal with this problem, all you have to do is turn off your router (unplug your cable if you have it instead of a router), wait patiently for at least 20 minutes and then turn on (plug) everything again.

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:41 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

georgeshelou wrote:
This time I really have interfere:
First of all, I want to get something straight, clearing caches and cookies is just a waste of time because I am a player who always receives the "Server is under maitenance, please try later" message knowing that whatever the server is, it is definitely not under maintenance.
If you wish not having to deal with this problem, all you have to do is turn off your router (unplug your cable if you have it instead of a router), wait patiently for at least 20 minutes and then turn on (plug) everything again.

Well, thats the reason why we have mods :D

ads explained it perfectly. When you got a "server under maintenance" error, its 99% a cache issue. Most likely because your friend played from the same device.

What you do, George, could help on a different way (I won't go into details here) but makes you look very suspicious... Do you play on any of my worlds? 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ChipsFSS wrote:
My friend said he's on, and Ive seen other people I know online aswell but when I come on it pops up with Under Maitencance, but hows its working for others but not me?

Im new to the game btw, I only joined today~

The under mantenance error is just a general error when ur connection to the server is lost, most of the time it's becuz u're logged out, or logged in on another battledawn related site like battlegalaxy.

Most of the time, relogging in will solve the problem for about an hour or two, then the cookis will expire and it will happen again. Though sometime i went for days before i'm logged out though... If the problem happen right after u're logged in, try clearing ur cookies and cache...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:03 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Ilona, it is absolutely not a cache problem in my opinion, I have had to deal with this problem half an hour ago, I tried to clear my caches and cookies and also had to search for macromedia flash player so I can make sure everything is cleared but still the problem is always there.
All I had to do is what I have said in my post above, and after all, perhaps it only works for me, my famous turning off and on the router trick but it might not work with everyone.
However, what is really unbelievable is that the "Server is under maintenance" message appears when whatever the server was is actually not and then you are automatically logged out.
Anyway, my trick should be used once in a while if you stumble upon this problem and if one day it worked then it is good..
And yes, I do play on your servers Ilona but unfortunately they have definitely lost their competition ;) For that is all: sorry for going off topic, you should try something else like what Admin Seth has done on this new era on Earth 4 <3 Implementing crystals on mines, wells and adding a lot of early garrisons.. Earth 3 has been dominated by RoFL and PPC, TLA has conquered Fanatsy 1 ... etcetera ....

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]