It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are reporting or validating a bug or glitch in Supermechs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Loosing ladder points while searching for an opponent
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Hi

I found a bug that results in a loss of ladder points.

I was seraching for an opponent in Multiplayer area (clicked that battle button so that game would give me random opponent). While waiting, game displayed me the exact animation which happens after you win/loose a PvP battle. (E.g. screen went black and came back, while i was still in "searching for opponent" mode.)

Since i keep track on my ladder points, i discovered that i had lost 452 ladder points due to that.

Here's a screenshot made briefly before i started searching:

And here's a screenshot that shows my current ladder points:

So, i went on investigating what has happened during that screen fadeout. What i found was troubling. I had a battle with "oliwier666" where i quit the battle.
The reality is, i never saw that battle.

I also have a recording of replay that shows that match:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=t02fyx&s=8#.UvQXSvuNbMo

Even though the match is short, many things can be seen from that video.
1. oliwier666 level icon shows that he is lvl13 player.
2. as far as i know, nobody can't have any lvl30 items when player level isn't lvl30. Even though, somehow he has lvl30 legs.
3. one of the latest game updates made the game so that whoever goes 1st, he only has 1 Action Point. In my replay, it's seen he has 2 Action Points from start.
4. from my replay pool, it's seen that match had 4 turns but the actual replay shows only 2 turns. 4 turns is only possible when he went 1st, skipped his turn, i got timeout, then he attacked and i quit. But why the replay doesn't show those first turns? Replay only shows when he attacks.

What i've concluded from this is that i think "oliwier666" is a cheater. And a quite good one, masking his cheating pretty well.

A while back, one time, i also had this screen blackout and fade in during the search but then i didn't make much of it. But this time i did noticed it and went on looking what happened to my ladder points.

Just for refrence, if you look my 1st screenshot then from there you can see that i defeated EagleStrike and gained 45 points. From my video, replay with EagleStrike is the last one before that replay with this cheater.

Oh, if anyone is interested, you can search me up in the game to see that replay for yourself. I'm in a weekly top10 (currently 7th).

I hope i provided enough proof for devs to investigate it further and fix this bug that enables him to exploit the game in a such manner.

--
Aeacus

Post subject: Re: Loosing ladder points while searching for an opponent
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

MrOneTwoo wrote:
You are not the only one, thats an old bug, luckily it didn't happenned with me for a month.
Here some forums you can see:

viewtopic.php?f=405&t=27774

viewtopic.php?f=405&t=28117

And an advice: when this black screen apear, you should refresh the page because when you refresh the page the game automatically quit from the battle. But if you don't refresh the page but the game find an other battle to you, you will lose two battles, because when the game quit from the first battle because you did not move for two rounds, the game will be automatically quit from the second battle too, so you lost two battles.

Even though you made few topics about it, i think my topic won't hurt either.
1. It shows to SM community that this bug is still active. (Though, i don't think it's a bug.)
2. Your topics contain only written text. I, in the other hand, collect every piece of information that i can (screenshots, video), so, that for the devs, it's easier to see what went on.
3. Bug report topic's subject should say briefly what kind of bug was found. (If i'd be a dev, i wouldn't bother to look into topics who's subject is like "found bug", "major bug" etc.)

Not saying your topics are bad but i prefer to give as much info as possible. The more info i give - the easier it is for the devs to identify the bug and the faster bugs get fixed.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:39 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Aeacus wrote:
Hi

I found a bug that results in a loss of ladder points.

I was seraching for an opponent in Multiplayer area (clicked that battle button so that game would give me random opponent). While waiting, game displayed me the exact animation which happens after you win/loose a PvP battle. (E.g. screen went black and came back, while i was still in "searching for opponent" mode.)

Since i keep track on my ladder points, i discovered that i had lost 452 ladder points due to that.

Here's a screenshot made briefly before i started searching:

And here's a screenshot that shows my current ladder points:

So, i went on investigating what has happened during that screen fadeout. What i found was troubling. I had a battle with "oliwier666" where i quit the battle.
The reality is, i never saw that battle.

I also have a recording of replay that shows that match:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=t02fyx&s=8#.UvQXSvuNbMo

Even though the match is short, many things can be seen from that video.
1. oliwier666 level icon shows that he is lvl13 player.
2. as far as i know, nobody can't have any lvl30 items when player level isn't lvl30. Even though, somehow he has lvl30 legs.
3. one of the latest game updates made the game so that whoever goes 1st, he only has 1 Action Point. In my replay, it's seen he has 2 Action Points from start.
4. from my replay pool, it's seen that match had 4 turns but the actual replay shows only 2 turns. 4 turns is only possible when he went 1st, skipped his turn, i got timeout, then he attacked and i quit. But why the replay doesn't show those first turns? Replay only shows when he attacks.

What i've concluded from this is that i think "oliwier666" is a cheater. And a quite good one, masking his cheating pretty well.

A while back, one time, i also had this screen blackout and fade in during the search but then i didn't make much of it. But this time i did noticed it and went on looking what happened to my ladder points.

Just for refrence, if you look my 1st screenshot then from there you can see that i defeated EagleStrike and gained 45 points. From my video, replay with EagleStrike is the last one before that replay with this cheater.

Oh, if anyone is interested, you can search me up in the game to see that replay for yourself. I'm in a weekly top10 (currently 7th).

I hope i provided enough proof for devs to investigate it further and fix this bug that enables him to exploit the game in a such manner.

--
Aeacus

2-> Low lv playerss having lv 30 legs is a common problem since a patch that have changed the items.(the big one)
the leg item called "Paws" has become lv 30 thanks to that. And every player having that legs were at matchmaking lv 30 until they have unequipped the legs.
4-> Yeah, skipped turns don't show in replay, but they count as turns.

And one more thing: When I logged in for the first time after that big patch, I played a few matches, and everyone that came against me were afk.(probably that bug)
That lasted until I refreshed the page(one gets bored if the opponent doesn't fight back :P )
I thought I hit an afk streak or sth... lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:50 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Than that's where I go in for testing. I think he won't tell me either. :P
Edit: I may have found a lead, need more testing.
Was able to trigger once again, but now I can't trigger it again since then.
May need a heavy net:Started torrent download to use the bandwidth constantly, tying again...
Update: No clue yet.
I triggered it once but even if I've tried triggering it again using the same way I did, it didn't trigger ever again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]