It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Maces; Yes or no?
Yes 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't care 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Got Swords; More Maces?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:25 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'm incredibly happy that the SM developers put in swords (I suggested this a year ago in the forums, and I'm not sure if they did so because of my suggestion or because they wanted to do it, but it's great either way!); this is just an open suggestion. Add maces/hammers? I'm a fan of medieval weaponry and having stylistically medieval mech is appealing. Now the obvious question is, what would the difference be between swords and maces? Well some ideas are:

1) Maces have less damage and higher knockback

2) Maces inflict blunt/traumatic damage and theoretically would cause fissures in plated armour, so, maces could reduce elemental resistance by a small amount.

This would break the usual sword-sword high-damage obliteration combination by making melee combat a little more needlessly complex and interesting, or even tactical.

Just my two cents :D

Post subject: Re: Got Swords; More Maces?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:22 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Hexide wrote:
I'm incredibly happy that the SM developers put in swords (I suggested this a year ago in the forums, and I'm not sure if they did so because of my suggestion or because they wanted to do it, but it's great either way!); this is just an open suggestion. Add maces/hammers? I'm a fan of medieval weaponry and having stylistically medieval mech is appealing. Now the obvious question is, what would the difference be between swords and maces? Well some ideas are:

1) Maces have less damage and higher knockback

2) Maces inflict blunt/traumatic damage and theoretically would cause fissures in plated armour, so, maces could reduce elemental resistance by a small amount.

This would break the usual sword-sword high-damage obliteration combination by making melee combat a little more needlessly complex and interesting, or even tactical.

Just my two cents :D

Another thought would be a weapon of power that would take up two slots as its draw back but also be able to hit in the 2-range, something maybe like a great-sword [2-handed use]

One more idea is a Shield-type item that would require both of your turns to use, yet only allow half damage the next hit against you.

And with my two cents added, we now have a thread worth four cents... any more donations?

also owner of M-1 Zeus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ELE7VEN wrote:
And with my two cents added, we now have a thread worth four cents... any more donations?

:lol:

add some more cents... Ideas are always welcome!

Hexide wrote:
I'm incredibly happy that the SM developers put in swords (I suggested this a year ago in the forums, and I'm not sure if they did so because of my suggestion or because they wanted to do it, but it's great either way!)

We look always at the threads. I can't say, if it was your suggestion though. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I have complete faith in you, Ilona :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:53 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Great ideas, I have started to play SuperMechs, so cute :)

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]