It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are reporting or validating a bug or glitch in Supermechs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: It just happen that some high ranked are stuck at lvl 18
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:55 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Your matchmaking level isn't the same as your actual level. Once you hit level 15 you are forced to fight at any level past that level. However, as long as the parts to your mech aren't high level, you can choose to carry on fighting at low levels.

For example I fight at level 16. I have a legendary drone and a level 16 top blaster and they are my highest level weapons. I'm level 30, but because my weapons only reach level 16 my mech is only level 16.

Any mech I can make at level 16, can be made by anyone else at level 16 (if they can find the weapons). Same goes with the mechs for all the players you have previously stated.

Some people like to fight at lower level matches. I know MrOneTwo has said on another topic he prefers the playing style and strategy involved in the fights at lower levels, so that is one reason to keep fighting there.

Another case, to be exact my case, is because I simply can't get the parts to compete at level 30, like I can compete at level 16. Back when the game allowed you to buy legendary weapons, I was able to create a strong mech at level 16, because I knew what would make a strong mech and I could build it. My problem is now, I know what could possibly make me a strong mech at level 30 but I just can't get the parts required to build the mech. My level 16 mech competes a lot better than my level 30, so I enjoy playing it more.

There will be other reasons. Just know, any mech you see level 30's build at your level, you can build yourself if you can find the parts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:37 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

For the modules:

This is due to the rareness of the item. Legendary torso are great, if you manage to get a legendary torso at any level, I would advise you to build your mech around that level. They have great base stats and they still get as many (in cases more) module slots than other torsos. Even then, there are some epic and rare item torsos that can still compete well. For these you just have to push everything to edge as much as possible (EG, If you find yourself not needing to cooldown at all in a match, then you have too much heat on your mech and you could switch it out for a armour plating module.)

For the resistance, the most common is to use the multi-resistance kit as it only takes up one module slot. However in MrOneTwos case, as he's had lots of experience with the game, he's found a battle style where he can afford to use 3 separate resistance modules and still manage his heat and energy. It all comes down to experience with your mech really and pushing it to the edge.

As for bullets and rockets, if you look at two of the builds you have shown they don't use them. This is a smart move, as weapons that don't use rockets or bullets are just as strong as ones that require them (most the time). So why bother docking one of your module slots for bullets and rockets, when instead you can use a weapon just as strong that doesn't require a module slot to be taken up.

For damage:

Physical weapons do A LOT of damage, even at lower levels. If you want a strong low level mech, you should definantly have a few strong physical weapons on your mech. Again it helps if you have legendary weapons, however this isn't as much of a problem as not having a legendary torso (in my personal opinion).

If you look at MrOneTwo, he has all physical damage weapons. 3 of his side weapons are epic and they do between 45-55 damage without fusion. With fusion he's able to do a lot more (and with those dark reds ones adding, I think, +9 damage he's able to achieve 65 damage).
His top weapons are the most advisable tops weapons for low level mechs. They do 40-50 damage and best of all, they don't require tokens to buy them, so you're able to purchase them in the shop.
MrOneTwo's build is all about doing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible.

Brasil is the same. Again he has all the high damage weapons that MrOneTwo has (excluding the sword) so he can get a lot of damage done quickly. Only difference is he has a big energy draining weapon. If he depletes your energy, you're unable to use any swords or energy weapons yourself that turn. Most importantly though is you miss out a turn on your drone (possibly more as there aren't many energy builds at lower levels, so most people neglect energy modules).
In all he does high damage, on top of reducing the damage received to him.

Pylindafa99's build, I wouldn't recommend. If it works for him great, but to me it doesn't look like a strong build. RPG's are fairly useless, they take a lot of rockets to use and they aren't amazingly strong I don't think. The only plus about using an RPG is you're able to deploy your done and push the enemy out of range in one turn, which isn't really worth having the weapon.
This mech however does have a lot of heat weapons. So I imagine this guy overheats most of his enemies and uses his bullet weapon to get in some stronger damage. Best thing to do when facing a heat mech is remember, heat weapons are not strong. Don't be scared to cooldown against them because the damage they do won't be very much compared to a damage build. Cooldown, hit him with a weapon and let your drone hit him. If you need to double cooldown then fine, at least your drone still hits him. Just never let someone like this force you in to a double cooldown, because then you'll start having problems.

It's a long essay I know :) I hope it helps though

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

100003029400551 wrote:
It enlightens me, thank you so much for explaining the wonders of this game! I'm addicted onto it that somehow making me hating it, seeing this players do battle gave me doubt and thought that somehow it might be a hacked/cheat. So without having enough knowledge about it, I used to think that way so again thank you. please don't remove this post for a while and I'll show it to my friends and we will do some experiments about it :D

No problem :) And good luck!!! ;D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]