It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Before E3 era starts I have a few questions please
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:51 am 
Private
Private

So I have been playing battle dawn for over 2 years but I had to leave it for about a year or so due to me being involved in an accident but now that I am back, I would like to know if there are really important changes in the game mechanics...
I have grasped whatever I can, everything seems pretty much the same but I am too lazy to read everything.
Are conquers still important at the beginning of an era? They don't seem to add much resources but I suspect they increase population growth though I am not sure?
I usually start of with fighting for mines so usually by the start of an era I have lots of mines instead of conquers. I start conquering once weak colonies start getting crystals or have just finished their protection period.

While I am at it, I am looking for a really decent top 3 alliance or possible top 3 alliance contenders to join so please let me know if you know anything, my colony is "Kish" in E3
See you around
Good Luck

Post subject: Re: Before E3 era starts I have a few questions please
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Location: You see that white van? Yeah come inside... I should be around there somewhere
Mines are great for the early rounds but as for conquers they are like the real deal, you need conquers to improve your growth for example i had some conquers but then they were deleted so then the moment i hit 825 population i couldnt grow even i dropped down to a population of 600 i still wouldnt be able to grow so you should get mines and conquers and keep track of them when they get xtals and stuff.

Mash
TBA/VK
RA
LO
ScO
M3
WHO
AOD
PAIN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:13 am 
Private
Private

Alright thanks for the heads up mate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:33 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

In my opinion....One should always go like this Mines>Crystals>Conquer...Mines should be taken first(which u do) to Add to the production of entire team Plus 0.2 power plus 0.5 worker...Then Crysatls..since they also increase production 0.25 metal/oil per tick nd 0.04 workers per tick for everyone in your alliance...Never more than a Handful of units should be spent in getting a conquer.......I suggest go to Damage units...to take a conquer..i usually use Damage Tanks to get a conquer..since many conquers build one or two units...i easily level up my Dmg Tank....

Hope u like it

I WANT TO PERFORM BETTER THAN THIS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:04 pm 
Major
Major

Personally I would go for mines, conquers, and lastly crystals (if I go for them at all). The workers, res, and power makes conquers much more valuable to me than crystals.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:46 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Yes, so at the beginning of an era don't be too selfish with yourself, believe your own eyes and build a lot of outposts all over your hive (don't let them be close to each other, just a 5 -> 6 ticks space) without waiting for the others to tell you. Expansion is a very good element of an excellent start and every player has his own style of expanding.

I agree with Korupt, I would go for mines first because all the players have a low income the first 100 ticks except the boosters, I also recommend boosting workers and not metal: don't you worry the game is long and all about logic and the workers in a way if we want to speak logically.

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:18 pm 
Major
Major

georgeshelou wrote:
Yes, so at the beginning of an era don't be too selfish with yourself, believe your own eyes and build a lot of outposts all over your hive (don't let them be close to each other, just a 5 -> 6 ticks space) without waiting for the others to tell you. Expansion is a very good element of an excellent start and every player has his own style of expanding.

I agree with Korupt, I would go for mines first because all the players have a low income the first 100 ticks except the boosters, I also recommend boosting workers and not metal: don't you worry the game is long and all about logic and the workers in a way if we want to speak logically.

Well I wouldn't do this, I hate spending resources and killing workers for ops. I very much prefer taking my ops from other players. Also boosting metal will probably be more beneficial since you will want to have certain structures. Workers are good but the metal will benefit you more in the beginning in that you can get further in structures, or more units to expand with (damage units, armor inf will only be a waste of resources).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:00 pm 
Private
Private

Thank you all for replying...
The era has started off pretty well and I have started off by taking mines and conquering the very weak colonies. I am expanding fast and yes I have chosen to take enemy outposts instead of building my own as it is a waste of resourses
I mostly boost metal and oil for now as that will help me get damage and range units quicker and once that is sorted I will boost workers but for now I will keep workers within the 300-500 mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:35 pm 
Major
Major

Good man

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]