It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should lengendary items appear in the shop?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Maybe 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Re: Lengendary items
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:15 pm 
Major
Major

If you could freely buy legendary items in the shop the game would become pay to win and that's not what anyone wants.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

The whole idea of legendary items is that it's 'legendary', which means mythic. In other words, it should be extremely difficult to obtain, and putting it in the shop doesn't quite agree with this. As Korupt basically summarised, it'd be pay-to-win.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Rather a pay-to-win game than a luck-to-win tbh....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:44 pm 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:

Not true because that ensures that those with money to burn will always win leaving the large portion of the community (free players) left in the cold and eventually leave the game. With a system such as this everyone has the same chance to build a strong mech without a guaranteed win for those that pay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
starwa7s wrote:

Not true because that ensures that those with money to burn will always win leaving the large portion of the community (free players) left in the cold and eventually leave the game. With a system such as this everyone has the same chance to build a strong mech without a guaranteed win for those that pay.

But it's not like that. New players come in to the game and get instantly bashed by the players who have been playing longer, because they haven't had the time to buy enough item boxes to get a legendary item. I've made it clear in the past how hard it is to get a legendary item at level 30. I did a challenge a couple weeks back when I hit level 30, where I bought 100 item boxes to see how many legendary items I would get and I got none. Since then I've been buying item boxes to fuse up my level 17 mech and still haven't received a legendary item.

A large portion of the community are already left in the cold as it is. You can't build a mech to counter another mech because you can't choose the weapons you think would be suitable. Instead you just have to keep running your luck in hope that you will eventually get enough legendary equipment to compete with the top players. Takes the strategy out of a strategy game if you ask me...

So I'll stick to what I originally said Pay-To-Win > Luck-To-Win (even if both these things aren't that ideal).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:14 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

starwa7s wrote:
But it's not like that. New players come in to the game and get instantly bashed by the players who have been playing longer, because they haven't had the time to buy enough item boxes to get a legendary item. I've made it clear in the past how hard it is to get a legendary item at level 30. I did a challenge a couple weeks back when I hit level 30, where I bought 100 item boxes to see how many legendary items I would get and I got none. Since then I've been buying item boxes to fuse up my level 17 mech and still haven't received a legendary item.

A large portion of the community are already left in the cold as it is. You can't build a mech to counter another mech because you can't choose the weapons you think would be suitable. Instead you just have to keep running your luck in hope that you will eventually get enough legendary equipment to compete with the top players. Takes the strategy out of a strategy game if you ask me...

So I'll stick to what I originally said Pay-To-Win > Luck-To-Win (even if both these things aren't that ideal).

That's a valid point there and I know completely what you mean about luck; perhaps a countermeasure to this would be limiting the number of legendary items you can stick on a mech at one time, to perhaps one or two. However this kind of bugs me personally because a lot of my legendary gear is back from when I bought it in beta a year ago... :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hexide wrote:
That's a valid point there and I know completely what you mean about luck; perhaps a countermeasure to this would be limiting the number of legendary items you can stick on a mech at one time, to perhaps one or two. However this kind of bugs me personally because a lot of my legendary gear is back from when I bought it in beta a year ago... :D

This is another thing that makes the game pretty unfair right now :P I had a mech on my old account at level 22. I would win pretty much every game because I had all the legendary items available.

I'd say I play Supermechs quite frequently. I do take breaks every now and then, but when I do play I'll play for hours a day for a couple weeks or so. Since the update where the highest level achievable was changed to 30, I have yet to receive a level 30 legendary item. I really, really, REALLY want to fight at level 30. I've been grinding and playing so much to be able to compete at level 30 and I still haven't received one legendary item. I just can't build a mech that can compete at that level (which is the main reason now for the breaks a take from the game).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:30 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The chances to get legendaries in the item boxes have been increased a lot with the last update. Also, we'll add a new kind of shop where you'll be able to look up all items.
Stay tuned! I guess you'll will like it 8-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next