It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

trading items
Poll ended at Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 pm
yes 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
no 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
why not 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
please 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Re: trading items ?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:21 pm 
Major
Major

We have seen this suggestion many times, I've always voted no given I've seen things like this ruin games.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Tyson111 wrote:
iLona i know u can see this so please allow it, for the sake of mankind and do whats good for buisness :D :D :D

every body please vote , YES WE CAN ;)

LOL ?

Hi Tyson,

you know as much as I know that we still face a lot issues. I really don't want to add another feature that we have to 'fix' sooner or later.
I'll give you an example:
Player xy has 3 accounts (you know thats not allowed but many are still doing it), and somehow he got lucky and got with 2 of that some nice legendary items...
Ofc, he would transfer it to another and with that - > he beats you

Correct me, if I am not right... but I think you would send me a complain if you would know that we allow such a thing.

So, no no no
Reasons are:

- increase farming accounts A LOT
- hurt our business (oh yeah we need some money to keep this game alive)
- not good at all for player experience (would you really like to see that a friend is giving legendary items to others but not to you?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:44 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:
Tyson111 wrote:
iLona i know u can see this so please allow it, for the sake of mankind and do whats good for buisness :D :D :D

every body please vote , YES WE CAN ;)

LOL ?

Hi Tyson,

you know as much as I know that we still face a lot issues. I really don't want to add another feature that we have to 'fix' sooner or later.
I'll give you an example:
Player xy has 3 accounts (you know thats not allowed but many are still doing it), and somehow he got lucky and got with 2 of that some nice legendary items...
Ofc, he would transfer it to another and with that - > he beats you

Correct me, if I am not right... but I think you would send me a complain if you would know that we allow such a thing.

So, no no no
Reasons are:

- increase farming accounts A LOT
- hurt our business (oh yeah we need some money to keep this game alive)
- not good at all for player experience (would you really like to see that a friend is giving legendary items to others but not to you?)

There's counters for everything mentioned above though. Firstly I don't believe it will increase farming. Everyone starts off with nothing. Why bother starting a new account for new weapons when you're able to get just as much (if not more because of the money you're making) when you carry on to play at a level 30 account.

One problem with farming I guess would be, players would make new accounts to get those low level items. Best thing to do, I personally think, is an auction house. This means you can't just trade any items you get with your own accounts. You'd have to compete with others.

Also with the auction house, you could solve your problem about making money. You could put restrictions as to how many bids a none-booster can make in a week. If a player boosts, he can make as many bids as he wants.

Of course an auction house would take a lot of time to create and careful planning so players can't abuse it to make money without battling. But I believe this would be very possible ^_^ One possibility could be auction tokens. After every game you get a number of auction tokens depending on whether you win or lose. There would be no difference in the amount you would get between different levels, so that new players to the game stand a chance of getting items in the auction house, just as much as the level 30's do, so long as they play the game actively :)

For the seller, set prices can be set on items. If they put it in the auction house, they will receive a set amount of money for that item, if (and only if) someone decides to buy the item. This stops players transferring money across accounts too, as there is no transfer of SM between the two players. Again this stops multiple accounts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Major
Major

That doesn't really counter it though, people will create new accounts just to get a better record and after getting all the gear they want on another they will crush new players. Again it will make it pay to win as well, ability to buy all the best gear while not working for it is not a good thing in my opinion. This would still hurt the player experience (frustration from losing to people that have bought better gear). Lastly as I've stated on every thread about on AH, I've seen too many games ruined by this seemingly harmless thing and most of those are triple 1 titles with huge teams working on just the AH.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]