It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question about building an army?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:04 pm 
Private
Private

So since infantry get a 25% bonus against vehicles, and vehicles get a 25% bonus against tanks is this a good army build
60 ranged beam infantry, 30 ranged explosive vehicles and 20 ranged concussive tanks and also 50 short ranged concussive tanks.
This is just a general build against no particular opponent. Is it a well balanced build? Infantry will destroy vehicles due to bonuses and vehicles will destroy tanks.
Or is this build quite costly in terms of resources?

Post subject: Re: Question about building an army?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:47 pm 
Major
Major

Nooo, only build one chassis type. If you build all 3 you will take 100% damage from the enemy while they only take a fraction of the damage from you. Or if you only use each chassis as its own army then your army will be much smaller than everyone and still you will suffer. Build only one chassis per era.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:29 pm 
Private
Private

Ok I shall stick to tank build ratio 3:7
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I am fairly new at this game but I have heard about this 25% bonus xp for inf against veh, veh against tanks and tanks against inf. I have tried so many times in the battle simulator to see this xp bonus, for instance if I put 1 apc tanks against 3 concussive inf (1 arm, 1 dam, and 1 ran) the tank always gets destroyed, why is this?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm 
Major
Major

The bonus that tanks have on inf is not like the others. It is not a straight 25% "boost" in damage. Also I should point out the "bonus" to damage is actually taking away from the enemies hp not increasing your ap.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Korupt wrote:
The bonus that tanks have on inf is not like the others. It is not a straight 25% "boost" in damage. Also I should point out the "bonus" to damage is actually taking away from the enemies hp not increasing your ap.

But even then shouldnt to 1 concussive apc tank still be able to destroy the 3 concussive inf?

I cant get my head around how the tank always losses in that battle, I use infantry because I think numbers are better and I can build more each tick with the resources I gain, but I am always hesitant about going into a fight even when I know I will win because of the battle simulator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:01 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

scotzman wrote:
Korupt wrote:

But even then shouldnt to 1 concussive apc tank still be able to destroy the 3 concussive inf?

I cant get my head around how the tank always losses in that battle, I use infantry because I think numbers are better and I can build more each tick with the resources I gain, but I am always hesitant about going into a fight even when I know I will win because of the battle simulator.

I think u're mistaken, I just did a battle sim and the concussive apc tank was able to kill all 3 concussive inf, 1 armor, 1 damage, 1 range

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 pm 
Major
Major

scotzman wrote:
Korupt wrote:

First, concussive inf will lose to concussive tanks because the inf will only do 25% damage as opposed to the 100% damage of the tanks. Secondly you are building more number wise but still 1 squad is 30 when 1 squad of tanks is 10. The squads cost the same amount and are equal in power.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:50 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ok I have rechecked it and now it is saying that the tank wins, It honestly said that the tank would loose against 3 concussive inf before. Maybe it was a glitch LOL, sorry to have wasted your time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:21 pm 
Major
Major

scotzman wrote:
Ok I have rechecked it and now it is saying that the tank wins, It honestly said that the tank would loose against 3 concussive inf before. Maybe it was a glitch LOL, sorry to have wasted your time.

Not a waste of time, the more we can teach other players the better the community is. Glad to answer any questions you may have.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]