It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Boosting
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:14 am 
Private
Private

I have 3 questions with boosting.
1) How do you know its a good time to boost?
2) what should you boost during the era?
3) how much is the ideal boosting if want to go for the win in an era

Post subject: Re: Boosting
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 am 
Major
Major

1) People will generally only boost in the beginning of an era for a strong start. The only time after that really is out of necessity ie someone messed up and they need to boost to save them.

2) That is really dependant on the situation or what you are needing. Generally people will boost workers, metal, and oil.

3) This will be based purely on your activity and skill. If you are active and know what you are doing you can boost nothing when going for the win. If you are skilled but not as active as you should boost you can use boosting to fill those gaps. By no means can you make up for a lack of skill and activity though. (Not saying that you are lacking in either but just a general statement for anyone that may read the thread.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 pm 
News Team
News Team

Is there anyway to get extra workers without boosting :?:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RCIsBOMB wrote:

Raze outposts, get more conquers. :)

This is a strange category for this thread.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:22 pm 
Major
Major

Alexanderkitty wrote:
RCIsBOMB wrote:

Raze outposts, get more conquers. :)

This is a strange category for this thread.

You forgot the almighty wrecks. A large portion of my workers come from wrecks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

most of the time people boost for production boosts, second priority is workers, if u have the luxury to spend more, then go for the resources boost.

however if u don't, focus on production boosts, it will give you more resources compare to the others.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:35 pm 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
most of the time people boost for production boosts, second priority is workers, if u have the luxury to spend more, then go for the resources boost.

however if u don't, focus on production boosts, it will give you more resources compare to the others.

I'd actually disagree since most people want the instant satisfaction rather than waiting for 300 ticks to recoup what they paid for. Also it would be dependent on the number of workers you have, if your worker production is very low it won't have much effect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

theprophet123 wrote:
I have 3 questions with boosting.
1) How do you know its a good time to boost?
2) what should you boost during the era?
3) how much is the ideal boosting if want to go for the win in an era

1) Don't boost till you are comfortable with the game. The best way to find out if you know enough is either talk to top players or join the AANC to see if you have missed anything. Once you know enough about the game, have an active group of players and can be active yourself you should be ready to boost (if you choose to). Just remember, losing isn't a bad thing. As long as you can learn and improve with every loss, you will start winning and in KD's example (where he didn't even have to boost), you'll find you can win eras without boosting.

2) It depends on your skill in the game. Most players boost early, expand quickly and pick everything up. A lot of boosters are lazy though and think if they boost, they don't have to actively conquer and capture ops. This is a poor way of playing the game. If you boost early and conquer/capture ops quickly you will find you won't need to boost all game. Once you've perfected the game, you'll find ways to win eras without boosting at all.

3) I've won a couple eras with 0 tokens. I can't say they were very competitive, but I had to work for the win nonetheless. Most I have ever boosted is 2k tokens. I wouldn't say I'm the most experienced player and occasionally I can be lazy. It all depends on the competition in the era and how dedicated to winning you are for an era. Also it depends on good leadership skills, knowing when to attack how to shut alliances down so they don't regrow. This, I would say is the trickiest part to BD (and any strategy game). A good leader should able to know how to do this, however is very tricky to pick up if you don't already know how to do this (in my experience as a player and a leader).

Korupt wrote:
aister wrote:

I'd actually disagree since most people want the instant satisfaction rather than waiting for 300 ticks to recoup what they paid for. Also it would be dependent on the number of workers you have, if your worker production is very low it won't have much effect.

I agree. If you get the instant boosts and expand quickly, you'll find you only have to boost till tick 24, maybe tick 48, before your income sets you up for a competitive game. Production boosts require you to survive till tick 500 and competing with an equally skilled player, doing instant boosts right next to you, you will lose if an early war is initiated.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]