It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Rule #1 - Be respectful at all times.

Rule #2 - Obey rule #1

Rule #3 - No nudity, excessive foul language or lewd sexual discussions. Common sense rules apply.

Rule #4 - Obey any reasonable request of an administrator or moderator.

Rule #5 - Have fun! =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Next WKRH - Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:03 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

As u can already see from last game, the activity is pretty much hitting the bottom with most of the good guys inactive. So yeah I would want to have it discussed, problems identified and any possible solutions suggested...

One thing that I guess was part of the problem was that being civilian means u're absolutely "useless" and are an unimportant person. The same to the tax collector in the bad side, whose power is pretty much underpowered and often went unused throughout the game.

I'm thinking of having several more roles, to replace the tax collector, and add in the game to limit the number of civilians. Two of the roles that I can think of are:

Curious Civilian (good) - able to see who were the target of all the night actions, the ability can be used once a game, or a limited or unlimited time, open for discussion.

Necromancer (bad) - able to use the ability of a role who is already dead only once per game. So if the witch is dead, the necromancer can use the witch's power once, when he is going to use it is up to him though.

just a suggestion though, it might be that I'm not going to use these roles at all...

Post subject: Re: Next WKRH - Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

curious civilian: has the potential to be extremely op. depending on the other role's luck, they could figure out the murderer and mess up everything.

necromancer: i'd like it better if he was a third party and had a power something like this: ability to revive dead civilians, but they now work for him. unfortunately something like this would be pretty much impossible since everyone would know that you're with the necromancer.

as for activity, i think you should have mandatory checks for activity during the game. anybody inactive after a certain point is automatically cut from the game.

also tax collector is just a glorified civilian, i'd prefer it cut out too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Tenkai wrote:
curious civilian: has the potential to be extremely op. depending on the other role's luck, they could figure out the murderer and mess up everything.

necromancer: i'd like it better if he was a third party and had a power something like this: ability to revive dead civilians, but they now work for him. unfortunately something like this would be pretty much impossible since everyone would know that you're with the necromancer.

as for activity, i think you should have mandatory checks for activity during the game. anybody inactive after a certain point is automatically cut from the game.

also tax collector is just a glorified civilian, i'd prefer it cut out too.

wat if he has an important role though? I was one of those who strongly disagree with lynching inactive, I can't go against my way to actually remove inactive from the games :lol:

i'd prefer to go through the game, then put him in a list, those in the list will be reconsidered and might be rejected on next games

and that's wat I'm doing, rejecting Omega since he has been dropping in for a post or two then disappear, after I gave him a "test" for activity.

tax collector will be removed, though I would want some roles to be filled in there... how about someone to counter with the curious civ? Someone like the guard, preventing the civ to wander around at night to peek at everyone?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:37 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i reeeeally don't like the curious civ...even with a counter role, it's too good.

i'd like to see the vigilante role return, like the murderer he kills during the night. he only wins when everyone else is dead.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

How about ending a thread early once everyone or more than half voted?
(Just like it's been adviced for a while...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

How about you use a vigilante for good who has to decide who they are going to kill in the night round and if they are lynched during the day round then the person they targeted during the night also dies.

Maybe we could have a double voter civillian.

A silencer for good or bad where their target can't post during the day round. Punished by Godkill if rule is broken :twisted:

Question answerer: One civillian can ask the moderator of the game one question per night round which can be answered yes or no only.

Just a few suggestions for different roles.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:32 pm 
Private
Private

I think it should stay the way it is, but people who are inactive get punished (e.g. if someone is inactive for 3 rounds, they lose all their reds and blues, are banned from future WKRH games, and Aister will track them down, and shave all their hair off in their sleep).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:06 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

fake wrote:
I think it should stay the way it is, but people who are inactive get punished (e.g. if someone is inactive for 3 rounds, they lose all their reds and blues, are banned from future WKRH games, and Aister will track them down, and shave all their hair off in their sleep).

joking aside, it's wat I'm doing already

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:41 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

All the misgivings happening aside, I personally think that the Civilian needs to have a "Good Role" power. The "Curious" thingy is rather good, but it's too OP. How about this: a new rehash of the Civilian role.

Meat Shield
[Choose 1 target; can include BttB]
If the said target were to die the night round, that civilian dies instead. If the target was Murderer, that role will be revealed to the Preacher and Maid Marian. If 2 Civilians targeted the same person, 1 random Civilian of the 2 will be selected to die.

And since I made a rehash of the Civilian, I figure I do it for the Tax Collector as well...

Greedy Death
[Choose 1 target; excludes BttB]
If the said target dies during the next day round (after this skill was used), choose 2 persons currently alive; their roles will be revealed to you. Also, if it was a Bad Guy, your role will be revealed to them. If a Civilian died in the day round before, you may do this ability twice this night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i like both of those, except i think alot of people wouldn't use the civilian power because "waaah i dun wanna die".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next