It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update 4th of November 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:00 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Lolowut wrote:
Sunit wrote:
Great, another huge advantage for mega-boosters.

(facepalm).

Exactly how is this advantageous to boosters?

Its still quite the advantage. Imagine grabbing 50 conquers. That's a boost of 100ish metal per tick. Plus worker growth going up (you can catch up to the population of a booster). Imagine waiting untill tick 600 for that on a 6 ticker. Or a less extreme one, tick 400 on a 4 ticker. by the time most conquers are out of protection, relics wil already be around most likely lol. Not to mention the huge armies boosters will have

Families:
CME

Former Families
UI, FPM, BoS, SAIL,

Wins:

FPM 3x
CME 2x
Milk 1x
BoS 1x
SAIL 1x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:46 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

plot twist: this update was just a scheme to boost the population of 1 tickers dramatically.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:27 pm 
Private
Private

Don't like not getting conquers at tick 101? Play a 1 ticker. /done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Apollo wrote:

However hard I try, I can't play 1 tick. I struggle to keep the attention needed to play a full era, so it's unfair that I'm punished for this ^_^

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=27507

I've expressed my feeling in here on this topic. If you're serious about voting for or against the new update, read the whole thing and try get an understanding from it. If you don't understand something I'll be happy to try spend some more time explaining it more. If you're able to build a constructive argument from what I've given there, I will be happy to read it, but don't expect me to agree with it straight away if I think it's wrong.

Also if you're going to give me a couple words for a reply to what I've given I will totally disregard your comment as it will be clear you don't care about the changes effected by this update (unless it's a can you explain this part to me?).

If I can't be convinced that this update is a productive update, then I'll be quiting the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Apollo wrote:

I hope you are joking. If not, that's really sad.
A lot of the nonboosters will most likely quit playing the faster worlds because of this update. Some don't like 1 tickers and just might quit the game altogether. A nice little side-effect of the update.
Basically,
Spoiler:
Apollo wrote:
Don't like not getting conquers at tick 101? Play a 1 ticker. Don't like 1 tickers? Play a different game /done.

Families:
CME

Former Families
UI, FPM, BoS, SAIL,

Wins:

FPM 3x
CME 2x
Milk 1x
BoS 1x
SAIL 1x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Most of a boosters advantage is the ability to build quickly and conquer many players early on. I think this is actually going to favor non boosters far moreso than boosters.

Additional protection ticks allow for Boosters to build large armies, yes... But they also allow for every non booster to build up a sizable army of their own before being slaughtered by Boosters. I think this creates a slower start to rounds(which may be good) by increasing the competition that each individual conquer can provide against its aggressor.

Good on ya Simmen and the rest of the BD crew. Challenge accepted.

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 am 
Private
Private

Bad . It Will benefit Boosters :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

firemanpete wrote:
Additional protection ticks allow for Boosters to build large armies, yes... But they also allow for every non booster to build up a sizable army of their own before being slaughtered by Boosters. I think this creates a slower start to rounds(which may be good) by increasing the competition that each individual conquer can provide against its aggressor.
-Pete

How does this allow non boosters to build up a sizable army of their own before being slaughtered? If I were to boost, knowing it would take 300-400 ticks for most conquers to open up, I would kill my enemy since my army will be much larger than his. If anything, I expect more early era wars, with the boosters having much more power. If you meant the new players in protection for all those ticks, the amount of income you can get would still not give you a "sizeable" army

Families:
CME

Former Families
UI, FPM, BoS, SAIL,

Wins:

FPM 3x
CME 2x
Milk 1x
BoS 1x
SAIL 1x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:30 pm 
Major
Major

Okay I'll say this as an actual non booster, the greatest resource to non boosters is still here and guess what it is not conquers. I never really go for conquers in the beginning, that comes much later in the round and therefore the argument that we will be unable to fight boosters is just wrong because I have been doing it since I started playing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
Okay I'll say this as an actual non booster, the greatest resource to non boosters is still here and guess what it is not conquers. I never really go for conquers in the beginning, that comes much later in the round and therefore the argument that we will be unable to fight boosters is just wrong because I have been doing it since I started playing.

you keep saying that, but you won't just say what it is :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next