It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Boosting on sm concern
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I seriously think you should make it aware how much the game is actually changing (I know beta means changes will happen, but sm likes to change its whole game mechanics without warning).

Too have a boosting feature is fairly stupid in my eyes. While I understand sm needs to make money, it shouldn't be robbing its users. On the older update, players will have used reds to level up quicker and for creds to buy weapons. The new update then lowered levels making xp boosts bought a waste of money. Along with that, the weapons mechanics all changed, meaning weapons once bought with reds were now useless.

Then to the part where I thought this is now plain and simply wrong. With the newer system you could only get strong weapons through item boxes. With higher percentages of getting legendary items when you use reds you tempted a lot of people in to using reds. You even had no problem admitting boosting had increased. With all the weapons that didn't fit your build you could simply fuse to make weapons stronger... great ^_^

oh but sm then wasn't happy with the weapon mechanics and changed them all... the build people had spent reds on to build a competitive mech, now worthless again. To make matters worse you let us destroy the weapons that now might be useful with no way of getting them back.

The first change i understood. You said there was going to be a change. The second time though is plain theft. So soon after the last update, while players were still trying to build a competitive mech and you change the game mechanics without warning?!

Like I said, I understand SM needs income. I just think you should make it clear how much change is going to happen, so people are aware their reds could be going to waste. Be honest with your players if you're going to mess them around so much.

Post subject: Re: Boosting on sm concern
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:16 am 
Major
Major

"How much change that is going to occur" Is practically impossible to estimate, when you change one thing it will completely throw something else out of balance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:06 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i think, starwa, like you said this is beta and it's hasn't gone to people's heads that beta means change. And i think it's more of the players that need to understand that these changes will sometimes be DRASTIC to the point where the game might look different. and so taking that into account you guys have to spend money wisely. This is not to say tactisoft shouldn't be more informative...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Korupt wrote:
"How much change that is going to occur" Is practically impossible to estimate, when you change one thing it will completely throw something else out of balance.

Right now the changes are changing the whole game though. The last update encouraged you to destroy weapons that weren't necessary for your build and then changed the game to where you could possibly need some of the weapons you've destroyed. It's encouraged us to use the new feature and now punished us for doing so.

I expect SM to change, it is in BETA. It would be nice if there was some for-warning before a change so we can prepare for it, rather than throw players in to the deep end.

lifenstuff wrote:
i think, starwa, like you said this is beta and it's hasn't gone to people's heads that beta means change. And i think it's more of the players that need to understand that these changes will sometimes be DRASTIC to the point where the game might look different. and so taking that into account you guys have to spend money wisely. This is not to say tactisoft shouldn't be more informative...

I understand it's in BETA.

Beta

A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software is between 60% and 70% complete, generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

This is one definition found on BETA testing. It states that the game is around 60% complete. Since SM came out on BETA everything but the images used have changed. The game looks the same (even then there have been visual changes), but with the last 2 updates SM has become a completely new game.

One common thing that comes up when searching for the meaning of BETA stages in games, it is used to find bugs and glitches before they release the final product. There are very few sources that mention the whole game play will change, as the BETA stage should be very close to the final product. SM really isn't near the final product if they feel the need to change so much and so frequently.

Lastly, and linking this in to the whole boosting thing, lots of sources say BETA testing comes with discount or is free since it is still liable to change. SM gives no bonus to BETA testers yet has extreme changes. A little unfair for the players willing to boost to the game.

Now I've played the BETA a while, I know it's liable to change so know to be careful on how much I spend, if any, on reds. New players coming to the game will have no idea of how big the changes are going to be. We're getting little/no information of changes that are going to happen until they've already happened. This is unfair. If a change is going to happen I wouldn't mind knowing in advance, even if it's only a week before.

I've said I don't expect SM to completely get rid of the boosting feature. I know I've brought up discount for BETA testers, but I don't expect that either. I just think SM needs to be A LOT more informative when it comes to how big and how frequent the changes are and stop throwing us in to the deep end. Especially for the newer players joining SM, since these players are the ones most vulnerable to purchasing reds without understanding how much change is still happening to the game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

heck, sometimes even I wish we would be more informative :lol:
Changes on SM happens often very quickly, and sometimes our creative guys forget to tell me that they changed it. So I come online and ...surprise ...surprise... there was an update! Its not even their intention, they are just in the flow.

The goal for supermechs is pretty easy:

Creating such a good and fun game, that the players want to spend money.

The way to achieve that is sometimes even more hard. Its a lot analytics and discovering metrics as well as looking deep into every complaint and listening to feedback. And sometimes....really sometimes, its also a "WTF, that wasn't good"

We all have been through that and I guess this will continue some more weeks.
We won't launch a game that is only halfway completed and polished. Only when all parties are satisfied, we will launch it officially including (as in every game) marketing campaigns and so on.

I already said, that I'd like to apologize whenever you suffer from the changes we did, but also, you are part, no, taking part in something bigger and every feedback of you helps us a lot!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]