It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rank
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:32 pm 
Private
Private

How do I rank up quickly, are there ways in which I'll rank up without losing much? If so, how?

:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Rank
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:38 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

You rank up in a few ways.

1) Getting workers - Every 25 workers = 1 Power = 10 Score
2) Getting a conquer - 1 Conquer = 1 Power = 10 Score
3) Getting a crystal - 1 Crystal = 0 Power = 20 Score
4) Getting a relic - 1 Relic = 0 Power = 1000 Score
5) Making troops - 10 soldiers* = 1 Power = 10 Score

*10 soldiers is equal to 10 infantry, 5 vehicles, or ~3 tanks. It is based off how many workers are used to make troops.

Obviously some things are easier than others and over time you will learn ways to get the quicker/more efficiently.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:35 pm 
Captain
Captain

The best way is to start by finding team mates to enjoy the game with, everything else comes later. :D If you need help finding friends, I'll help you and introduce you to some people.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ranking up for a newbie (which has minimal risk) is building units at a reasonable pace when you're conquered and/ or when you have your crystal taken from you. Don't rush them, and build around population growth cycles; (build at a pace that doesn't deplete your score from population loss so much as increase it from both army and worker growth) should give you leaps and bounds in score if you're doing it right.

>The upside to this is that you have a lot of troops to throw around, and if you get a decently-sized and decently-built army, people tend to leave you alone.

>The downside is the overhead (producing a unit becomes more expensive per 100 soldiers), and having a large army tends to kill your growth rate. The counter to this is having crystals, and/or spreading out and conquering. They'll get you more resources to fund your army's growth.

Slinkybd wrote:
The best way is to start by finding team mates to enjoy the game with, everything else comes later. :D If you need help finding friends, I'll help you and introduce you to some people.

I heard there's some very good people at Adopt-A-Newb for that, but other than them, BD is usually a helpful community, so ask any decently ranked player in your world for advice and you may get it. Alternatively, keep asking here in the forums, where the older members tend to hang out.

Hope this helps :)

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 am 
Major
Major

Best way to "rank up" in my opinion would be to slowly expand your territory and make sure that whatever you do take you do not lose. Also as mentioned above applying for a mentor in the adopt a newb center would be one of the best routes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]