It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE??
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

another thing i would like to add on the noob bashing, and im sure andy can say he experiences the same. at lvl 22 (him) and 24 (me) if we get matched up with someone that isnt using a legendary torso then they are pretty much childs play for both of us then when me and andy face each other he has an edge on me because he has a legendary top weapon that is very powerful that i do not have nor can i get and a droid that causes heat damage that i dont have or can get. really now the battles are just set in stone. if you can't beat somebody with the build you have at your lvl then chances are that you never will be able to because new weapons/droids/torsos/whatever else is like impossible to get now, especially if you are fighting at a lower lvl than you really are.

noob bashing has increased a lot and korupt you have not stated 1 way it hasn't

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:05 am 
Captain
Captain

Actually noob bashing has gone down a lot. Mainly b/c there are more battles, players, builds ect.
All the weapons are still possible to get but if all the legendary weapons were available to everyone again it would be the same as before update which is bad and won't happen. As long as you have a good torso I'd say about any build can win against anyone at the moment.

Understand while the older players may have an advantage atm it wont last forever too.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

thing is slinky that the good torsos are legendary and chances of getting 1 is very slim. and the chances of winning against someone that uses a legendary torso is also pretty slim unless you have a clever build and they dont know what they are doing. Noob bashing will always be higher when people try to advance in levels

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Slinkybd wrote:
Actually noob bashing has gone down a lot. Mainly b/c there are more battles, players, builds ect.
All the weapons are still possible to get but if all the legendary weapons were available to everyone again it would be the same as before update which is bad and won't happen. As long as you have a good torso I'd say about any build can win against anyone at the moment.

Understand while the older players may have an advantage atm it wont last forever too.

It clearly hasn't. There's still people collecting huge winning streaks across a range of levels. There's still only a handful dominating the game, no different to before, except made worse because it's across all levels now.

And no, it's a mix of everything that makes your mech win. LC use to beat me all the time on the old update because he was much smarter than me on the game. Now the update has come out, he is 2 mech levels ahead of me, we have the same torso, yet I beat him all the time purely because I have more legendary equipment than him.

Also older players will keep that advantage, especially at level 15. They have a large collection of legendary items for their levels. Players passing through these levels won't stick around in the level long enough to collect enough legendary items to compete. The only level that will start to balance out eventually is level 30.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:22 am 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:
On a previous topic you mentioned that idea before. I then after asked you to state your idea, which you haven't done?

The argument on swords was an example of the knowledge of the game. Before Michael said there was going to be any changes you created an argument saying swords were fair already, when they're clearly not.

Maybe I should have been more clear in what I was thinking, sometimes when I finally get to the forums I am quite tired but what I had meant when we talked about swords is how they are now is much better than how they were before. If you were to compare swords pre update and post update the latter is much more balanced and a lot of that has to do with them being extremely overpowered before.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:24 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What was your idea Korupt?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:37 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Stygia wrote:
Meh... so 13000 exp to 30 where I might have a decent mass of eq... 260 wins in single player... might take a while :p

Seriously trying to give it a go, but what LC says is correct. I used to win far more than I lost and if I'd used kits it would have been an even better ratio. Now I just can't win. I'd been saving my credits up for a level ~51 build, so I had no equipment past level 23... Lucifer it is, which sucks now. :p

Edit: Hell I keep trying to buy boxes and get a higher torso and all I end up with are level 30s :p sheesh.

and this right here is what is a perfect example of the update nerfing a lot of people

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Stygia wrote:
Meh... so 13000 exp to 30 where I might have a decent mass of eq... 260 wins in single player... might take a while :p

Seriously trying to give it a go, but what LC says is correct. I used to win far more than I lost and if I'd used kits it would have been an even better ratio. Now I just can't win. I'd been saving my credits up for a level ~51 build, so I had no equipment past level 23... Lucifer it is, which sucks now. :p

Edit: Hell I keep trying to buy boxes and get a higher torso and all I end up with are level 30s :p sheesh.

I've almost won 500 games and spent all the winnings (level 22 so around 2000 gold per game) and I haven't recieved a single legendary item yet :( I started at 2000 wins to purely buy item boxes. Now I'm at 2447, so 447 wins. Multiply that by 2000 and that's 894000 SM. Divide that by the items box cost 12422 and that's 71 items boxes. Since some people quit giving me no money, I'ma say I've bought about 60 item boxes... and not recieved one legendary item.

So good luck trying to build a winning build... I was fortunate to have a really strong level 22 build so wins are easy for me. If you're losing, I feel even more sorry for you. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next