It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Allow to choose the level?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 13 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: Choose the level of the item box
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Voted yes. I found it weird the item boxes restricted the level you could obtain items so much :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:39 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

we discussed something close to that in the mod chat

Spoiler:
[20:40:03] Aister: maybe make the item boxes have various level
[20:40:14] TheSingular: dunno
[20:40:26] Aister: like item boxes lvl 1
[20:40:32 | Edited 20:40:37] TheSingular: but it will have no point if you're not an item collector
[20:40:41] Aister: which gives hidden weapons under lvl 28
[20:40:49] Aister: item box lvl 28 will give hidden weapons over 28
[20:41:01] Aister: and will only be purchasable when u get over lvl 28
[20:41:11] TheSingular: hmm...
[20:41:21] Aister: but those who are over 28 can still buy the item box lvl 1
[20:41:27] Aister: and get the items under lvl 28
[20:41:29] TheSingular: and be slightly expensive
[20:41:44] Aister: yeah, idk about the situations in SM, but if there is a price difference
[20:42:01] Aister: between the current under lvl 28 box and over lvl 28 box
[20:42:10] Aister: then this one should have that as well
[20:42:34] TheSingular: itembox's price is based on level
[20:42:40 | Edited 20:42:52] TheSingular: so it too should be

I'm not really someone who is familiar with SM, so feel free to fix me on things that I got wrong. But here's the summary:

1. there will be different item boxes, and there's a level that goes with each one, lvl 1 and lvl 28.

2. lvl 1 item boxes will be available to all players no matter wat kind of level he is, and it will give the under-lvl-28 hidden items.

3. lvl 28 item boxes will only be available after the player reaches lvl 28, this will allow players to get the over-lvl-28 hidden items.

4. the lvl 28 item boxes are, obviously, more expensive than the lvl 1 item boxes. But I'll leave the price for those who know more about the game.

This way, it is in no way different from the current system, where only those over lvl 28 can get over-lvl-28 hidden items, but add in an ability for them to get under-lvl-28 hidden items for collection purpose.

btw on the topic of item boxes, I suggest calling all rare, legendary, etc hidden items like I'm already calling :lol: and over-lvl-28 hidden items will be called high tier hidden items, and the other will be low tier hidden items :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I disagree with your idea Aister. The gap between level 1 and level 28 is too great... Especially when you can't fight below level 20 once you're level 30. You'd basically be buying an item box where 20 levels will pretty much be useless and only 8 levels are really needed. On top of this the chance of getting a rare item (which is what people want from item boxes) in those 8 level ranges is also very small too. This idea doesn't fix the solution at all.

My thoughts were this.

Level 1-9 have a higher and lower tier items box. Lower tier is level 1-5, higher tier is 6-9. Level 10-19 again have a higher and lower tier items box: Lower tier level 10-15, higher tier level 16-19. With level 20-30 you could have a lower and a higher tier like the other level gaps or you could split it in to three tiers. Lower tier: 20-24, Middle tier: 25-28, Higher tier: 28-30.

As each tier progresses their item box costs increase. Of course there is a lot to this and I'm sure the devs would like to keep it simpler. However I see my idea working a lot more effectively than a level 1-28 items box as too many people are going to be afraid of getting lower level weapons that will be useless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if the gap is too wide, then we can fix it by introducing a middle tier item box at around lvl 15~18.

as said in the word "tier", I would want these hidden items to be in different tiers, where a low tier hidden weapons will be a plus for those who are in low tier section (lvl 1 to 15), a middle tier one will be an advantage for those who are in middle tier (lvl 16 ~ 28) and high tier for the higher rank players.

The boundary of these tiers as well as the amount of tiers needed, however, is subjected to be changed by those who understand the game more than me.

my solution is just to fix the "high rank players can't get low tier hidden items" though

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]