It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: BME vs. CPM.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:16 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Muwahahaha, I knew BME would play this cheap, they are a joke. i didn't know Simen played cheap LOL. CPM backstabbed? Lol since when? They aren't as dumb as BME, they don't backstab then lose their armies. I really hate BME lol I knew this era was rigged, people who would never play M2 are here.

Completely retired now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:10 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Neither side is really free from saying they backstabbed.... I was only in BME for about 10 ticks when the war started, so I feel I have a somewhat unbiased view. CPM took advantage of the NAP by obviously placing an advantageous TB close to part of the BME hive. Messages were sent to get rid of it and it wasn't. CPM and BME both knew war was inevitable, the real question was, who was going to pull the trigger first and for what reason. Ours was you not wanting to raze your TB, yours was that we would not let you have a TB in our territory. Yes, you can say it was because BME nuked it, but if we placed a TB next to you, I'm pretty darn positive you would have done the same. Wanna know why? Because none of us here (for the most part) are naive enough to trust something like that knowing FULLY that war was inevitable between us.

CPM simply had the more appealing side to call it a backstab because you actually had damage done to you first. However, building a TB close to our colonies was viewed as a betrayal of trust.

So yes, BME betrayed CPM, but CPM also betrayed BME. You can argue over the extent all you want, neither side will admit (except for me apparently) that they were the betrayer. So lets stop beating that dead horse and continue with the war.

Full props to CPM. They no doubtly outplayed BME in the 1v1 war. As for MoDe joining in, I was hoping we wouldn't do such, but that's not my call here. It is truly a shame that BME couldn't handle CPM alone. I will fully admit, based on that decision, even if CPM loses this era, they have my full respect.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:46 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I dont mean to bash you Malicewolf because I dont actually think there was any "Betrayal" that happened, but I am going to address some of the things you said in your last post. Simply puting the facts out there.

malicewolf wrote:
CPM took advantage of the NAP by obviously placing an advantageous TB close to part of the BME hive.

This is outrageous. Rania planted a TB within 4 ticks of our members colony. Then 7 ticks later I placed one to snag a wreck (for a nice 88 workers :D) that was within 4 ticks of ONE of your colonies. To call that area your hive is absolutely hogwash. To break an NAP over a 4 tick TB when you built one first is even more rediculously.

malicewolf wrote:
Ours was you not wanting to raze your TB, yours was that we would not let you have a TB in our territory.

Rania refused to raze her Training base in exchange for the removal of mine. It seems only fair that if I am restricted to keep TBs more than 4 ticks away from colonies, that you should also comply to the same rule. I could care less about the TB, like I said it was for a wreck. It was the principle that bothered me.

malicewolf wrote:
but if we placed a TB next to you, I'm pretty darn positive you would have done the same

Lol... clearly not the case seeing as Rania had one prior to mine. Then, in a childish fit, she decided to place an OP directly in our hive and threaten war if we attacked it.

For those of you who want a frame of reference, here is where my TB was located. You can decide if that was located in their hive for yourself, but you are not going to convince me that it is :-P. Mind you, we had more influence in the area prior to the war.

Spoiler:

malicewolf wrote:
It is truly a shame that BME couldn't handle CPM alone.

Indeed it is.
Mad respect to Malicewolf for his "no bull*" attitude toward the whole "backstabbing thing" He is very correct that the this war was inevitable and tension was high leading up to the whole thing.

-Pete

Last edited by firemanpete on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thank you for your words Josh, I appreciate what you said.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I'm still waiting for Fireman Pete's BR where he lost units or something xD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Lol...

There are several, but I am positive that I'm not going to be the one who posts them.

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

firemanpete wrote:
Lol...

There are several, but I am positive that I'm not going to be the one who posts them.

-Pete

Then PM me some links, and I'll post them ;) lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:23 pm 
Captain
Captain

dj696969 wrote:
firemanpete wrote:
Lol...

-Pete

Then PM me some links, and I'll post them ;) lol

Pete doesnt need to show them b/c he'll get drunk and win anyway. Rooting for you all the way man. Good show so far show them what it means to be the best in Fantasy Football XD :lol:

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Thanks thug!

I will do my best. As for Fantasy Football, I just really need that 100 bucks... so losing really isnt an option :-P

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Fair enough Pete. I do not have all of the details as I was absent from most of the politics and hidden away in my corner of the world in xVx for the majority of the occurrences. I'm quite positive BME isn't completely innocent as I'm sure CPM wasn't either to the causes of the war. Tensions were extremely high before I came aboard. As for your TB being where it was, truthfully, I think you were fine. A raze for a raze should have been a fair trade and if BME refused; well, I think that was just the beginning of the excuses to start a war. As said before, both sides were looking for reasons and trying to provoke the other into giving them a plausible reason.

Once again, best of luck to both sides. I just hope to sleep again soon :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next