It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Spammers getting banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:13 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

This is not to flame anyone , administration or fellow players , just my opinion being expressed in the nicest way possible , if anyone is offended please accept my most humble apologys .

Spamming op's , alliance's , your conquerers , anything , used to be a viable strategy in BD , for one it used to be concidered a good thing to * harras your conquerer with as many attacks as possible , or take and raze as many ops as you could for the resource's or to hurt the competition .

A certain alliance tried to get me banned for spamming them , to be fair i was'nt banned because my colony was there for a while , but thats beside the point , i seen 2-3 others that had just spammed them , get banned .

If you are able to plant a colony , what ever tick , and then allowed to be conquered , that colony should be allowed to attack whom ever , regardless if they are only there because they hate that alliance or their members , If they dont attack or are not allowed to attack (spam ) whatever , then their liable to be blamed for beings Farm's , its a catch 22 , and these players who have gotten ppl. banned or have tried to get players banned for spamming need to relise this is a War Game , their gonna get attacked , and if they dont like getting attacked then they might wanna try out a less aggressive game.
9 out 10 times , the spammer dosent hurt anything and is actually causing the enemy to spend valuable resource's defending , in effect generating more money for BD , their only crime is frustrating the targets , who usually already own most everything around them anyways and have conquered most the ppl. , their having fun obviously , so dont rain on the spammers parade which is prolly fighting the only way available to them .

i offer this solution , and its not restricting players from planting colonys after a certain tick either , since you can be banned for spamming your conquerers depending on the situation and can be banned for being a farm but are allowed to be conquered , stop banning spammers ..unless their being vulgar and profane in message's or BC's .

I know some eyes are gonna roll over this topic but im sorry , i think its just unfair .

Still love the game just wanted to speak my mind about this is all , thanks for reading .

Post subject: Re: Spammers getting banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 pm 
Major
Major

There is a difference between placing to harass a certain player or alliance and spamming your conqueror or enemy alliance. It is specifically in the rules to not harass a player or alliance and that is why they are banned, it is not because they are spamming per say but because they manner in which they do so is purely meant to harass another player or alliance that is why someone can get banned for hateful/vulgar messages or BCs as well. This is just my opinion but this is how it should be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:10 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

different between "harassers" and "spamming ur conquers"

harassers: plant colonies in the world with the intention of just to annoy some certain player or alliance.

spammers: plant colonies with the intention of playing or watching, then decide to annoy their conquerers in hope that they will liberate them, or weaken them and wait for a chance to counter attack.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:14 pm 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
different between "harassers" and "spamming ur conquers"

harassers: plant colonies in the world with the intention of just to annoy some certain player or alliance.

spammers: plant colonies with the intention of playing or watching, then decide to annoy their conquerers in hope that they will liberate them, or weaken them and wait for a chance to counter attack.

Or just to take out their network around them so they can rebel or spread some chaos.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:00 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

i really think its a thin flimsy line there and hard to tell the difference , also I just dont think anyone should get banned for attacking anyone in this game , unless its because i made 12 multi colonys and allianced myself up and comming down on you like tetris , but thats a multi colony violation .

Its kinda hard to play this game and not enjoy attacking the other players , and being penalized because you not only like to do that but somebody has made it even more Fun because they woop yerr behind on one particular world and you go hunt them down on any other world and attack them , i dont think their should be a penalty for it , or a ban . its part of the game .

these players that are complaining , are conquering and prolly boosting as well and soon as one of their conquers attack them they Crawl to the adm's messge box and cry foul , its shamefull and these players should be lauphed off the game .
but thats all just my opinion , i know their are rulz and im not mad at anyone , just wanted to talk about it i guess .. i know im wrong ect...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:14 pm 
Major
Major

RubberrAmmo wrote:
i really think its a thin flimsy line there and hard to tell the difference , also I just dont think anyone should get banned for attacking anyone in this game , unless its because i made 12 multi colonys and allianced myself up and comming down on you like tetris , but thats a multi colony violation .

Its kinda hard to play this game and not enjoy attacking the other players , and being penalized because you not only like to do that but somebody has made it even more Fun because they woop yerr behind on one particular world and you go hunt them down on any other world and attack them , i dont think their should be a penalty for it , or a ban . its part of the game .

these players that are complaining , are conquering and prolly boosting as well and soon as one of their conquers attack them they Crawl to the adm's messge box and cry foul , its shamefull and these players should be lauphed off the game .
but thats all just my opinion , i know their are rulz and im not mad at anyone , just wanted to talk about it i guess .. i know im wrong ect...

Players like that can report all they want but the admins are not going to ban someone just for spamming, it has to be evident that they are harassing. Admins do not take banning colonies lightly and really it is the last thing they want to do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:23 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

oh yeah , i totally agree with you there Korupt , no doubt .. i feel sorry for em really , just trying to imagine all the work they have to do trying to justify why this player is attacking another player or alliance , its their job and i guess they can lose their job so they have no choise in the matter , i understand and sympathize with them .

its just sad they have to do that at all , In my opinion harrassment should be classified to strictly vulgar profanity and abusive flaming language via pm's and BC's , not attacks .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:28 pm 
Major
Major

RubberrAmmo wrote:
its just sad they have to do that at all , In my opinion harrassment should be classified to strictly vulgar profanity and abusive flaming language via pm's and BC's , not attacks .

Okay then let me propose a situation for you and see how you feel about it after that. A person does very well on a round and his alliance of hand picked players dominates another skilled alliance. Now the next round that player goes to place his one of the people he beat comes when he is just starting the round and boosts just to suicide into him and he does that not just on one round but every round he finds the player that beat him. Does that not ruin this game for the original player? And all that simply because he beat someone, now you may say this is a rare case but unfortunately it is not that rare so my question is do you think that person placing and trolling him constantly should really be allowed to continue that harassment?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

yes absalutely , let em do it , if that guy enjoys suiciding his army then who are you or me to stop him , as long as he isnt sending the orignal player messages and BC bannable stuff , i see it as valid gameplay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:27 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

SquadBombers wrote:
I'm a spy spammer. I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

:lol:

No i get the point , i really do , i just disagree
I know what side the bread is buttered on here and its a futile argument but
Spammers for all rymes and reasons Generate BD more money , and its a war game , attacking others is the entire game even .

other games its really crazy .. eve. they got ways to track players and give you rights to go after anyone thats attacked you , and prevelant attackers like pirates have their security status lowered so its legal for any nub to attack them anywere anytime all day long . entirely different game i know but the point is it's not harrasment in any form in my opinion , and these guys that are top players Should have lowered securety status so we can follow them around and suicide into them all day long haha :D
now that would be fun i dont care who you are , every kid would be raiding their parents wallet just to boost suicide into you then and wearing a huge ear to ear grin all the way flipping you off on the other side of the screen lauphing into a histerical frenzy !!! im all for that

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next